This Birthday Card is great for beginning stampers with few supplies. It uses one stamp set, one ink pad, Watercolor Pencils, and a Blender Pen. #SimpleStamping
Stamps: Birthday Cheer: Rubber Cling Mount #148604
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black #132708
Cardstock: Whisper White #100730 OR Whisper White Note Cards #131527
Coloring: Watercolor Pencils #141709
Blender Pens (set of 3) #102845
Suggested Stamp Blocks: B, C, D, G
Optional Note Cards: Use Note Cards that come with envelopes so you don’t have to cut a card base. The Whisper White Note Cards are 3-1/2″ x 5″. If you cut your own card base (Step 1 below) your folded card will be 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″.
1. Cut your Whisper White cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch This Video about making your own card bases. OR use a Whisper White Note Card.
2. Stamp your sentiment first, then stamp each image in Memento Black ink.
~Cupcake: Real Red Sprinkles, Early Espresso Frosting, Daffodil Delight cupcake paper
~Hat: Old Olive, Pacific Point, Real Red
~Present: Real Red Heart, Pool Party package, Pacific Point Ribbon
4. Use your Blender Pen to blend the colors and remove the pencil lines. Clean the Blender Pen Tip after each color by scribbling it on a scratch paper until the color is gone. Enjoy!
Your card is finished.
WANT A FREE SALE-A-BRATION ITEM?
You will need to make a $50 purchase.
$20 Birthday Cheer stamp set
$16 Watercolor Pencils
$12 Blender Pens
$6.50 Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes (20 each)
$6 Memento Ink Pad
$8.50 Clear Block D
Choose ONE FREE Sale-a-bration Product:
FREE with $50 Purchase
~Hello Cupcake #149714
~By the Bay #149739
~Home to Roost #149736
~So Hoppy Together #149725
~Part of My Story #149719
~Lovely Lattice #149730
Ribbon Combo Pack with 5 colors ribbon #149623
Pressed Wood Butterfly Elements #149711
Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper 12×12 #149622
Grapefruit Grove & Lovely Lipstick Foil Sheets #149712
Precious Parcel Card Kit #149750
FREE with $100 Purchase
Tea Time Framelits #149697
Lasting Lily stamp set #149717
This Crafting Forever stamp set combined with the Stitched Seasons Framelits popped into my head and turned out pretty close to what I pictured which is an unusual occurrence. Things usually turn out way different than the way I pictured them. This is a pretty quick card to make.
Stamps: Crafting Forever: Rubber Wood-Mount #143955, Clear-Mount #143958
Ink: Memento Black
Coloring: Watercolor Pencils Assortment 1 #141709
Watercolor Pencils Assortment 2 #149014
Blender Pen #102845
Cardstock: Whisper White
Big Shot: Stitched Seasons Framelits #149013
Ribbon: Calypso Coral 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon #144173
~Whisper White card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
~Cajun Craze card layer at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″.
~Whisper White stamping layer at 4″ x 5-1/4″
2. Stamp, then Color with Watercolor Pencils:
~Stamp your Paintbrushes Planter Pot image in Memento Black ink on Whisper White cardstock.
~Color the Planter Pot with your Cajun Craze Watercolor Pencil. Color darker where the lines are on the sides and under the pot lip. Use the Blender Pen to blend out the pencil lines.
~Color all the paintbrush tips with the Crushed Curry and Early Espresso. I just lightly colored the tips.
~Color the Cutting Blade with Smoky Slate.
~Color the Pencil with either Crushed Curry or Daffodil Delight.
~Color each Paint Brush Handle a different color.
I only used the Blender Pen on the Planter Pot.
3. Cut out your stamped and colored image with the Stitched Seasons Framelit. Get your Cajun Craze card layer and cut the next larger Stitched Seasons Framelit from the center. Layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
4. Stamp the Pen image in Memento Black ink on your 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White Stamping Layer. Rotate the way the stamp faces: up & down, or sideways. They don’t have to be perfectly straight. Just basically fill the card front with pen images.
5. Put it all together.
~Attach your Cajun Craze card layer to your Whisper White card base. Yes, this is the piece you die cut from the center.
~Put some SNAIL across the Whisper White Pen card front where you want your Ribbon to go. Wrap the ribbon around the card front piece twice attaching it to the SNAIL to hold it in place. Tie a bow off to the side.
~Now attach your Whisper White Pen layer to the Cajun Craze layer. See you covered up the die cut hole.
~Attach your layered Paint Brushes in a Pot layered die cuts to your card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Your card is finished.
The Blended Seasons stamp set was used for Sketch #24 and Color Challenge #24. This stamp set is available August 1-31, 2018 while supplies last. Also available in August is another set of 10 Watercolor Pencils some of which were used to watercolor the stamped Flowers and Leaves.
You can simplify this card by leaving out the embossing steps and Stamping an image that does not need coloring.
HERE IS COLOR COMBO #24
*=Available starting August 1-31 While Supplies Last
Stamps: *Blended Seasons Wood-Mount #149019, Clear-Mount #149016 (Save 10%-Bundles with Stitched Seasons Framelits Wood Bundle #149893, Clear-Mount Bundle #149894)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
*Watercolor Pencils #149014
~Granny Apple Green
Cardstock: Whisper White
Thick Whisper White
Big Shot: Maps, etc Dynamic Embossing Folder #146822
Tools: Blender Pen #102845
Adhesives: Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue
1. Cut your Thick Whisper White card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. SCORE and fold at 4-1/4″.
~Whisper White Square at 3″ x 3″
~Poppy Parade Square at 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
~Pacific Point card front at 4″ x 5-1/4″
~Poppy Parade strip at 1″ x 4-1/4″
~Balmy Blue strip at 3/4″ x 4-1/4″
3. Big Shot:
Use Maps, etc. embossing folder: Big Shot Platform (without Thin Die Adapter), Embossing Folder with cardstock inside, top cutting pad. Yes, only one cutting pad.
~Emboss Balmy Blue strip
~Emboss Pacific Point card front
~Stamp part of the flower image on your Whisper White Square in Memento Black ink.
~Crushed Curry Watercolor Pencil: Color the Flower Centers.
~Balmy Blue Watercolor Pencil: Color the Flower Petals.
~Granny Apple Green Watercolor Pencil: Color the Leaves and Stems.
~Use a Blender Pen to color the petals and give a watercolor look.
~Clean tip by rubbing it on scratch paper until no color shows.
~Repeat with the Granny Apple Green coloring the Leaves and stems.
~Color toward the center of each Flower Petal with the Balmy Blue Watercolor Pencil. Blend. Clean.
~Draw lines on the Leaves with the Granny Apple Green. I did not use the Blender Pen on these.
4. Put your Card Together.
~Attach the Pacific Point card front to the Thick Whisper White card base.
~Attach your Watercolored Square to the Poppy Parade Square. Put Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back.
~Attach the Balmy Blue strip to the Poppy Parade strip.
~Lay your Square and Strip on your card front in the place you want them.
~Attach your Strip with Tombow Glue.
~Attach your Square with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Your Card is finished.
You can now order from the NEW 2017 Occasions Catalog and earn 1 FREE Sale-a-bration product for every $50 of products you buy! The Flowered paper is one of the Sale-a-braton choices. I colored it with the NEW Watercolor Pencils and an Aqua Painter.
Watercolor Pencils #141709
Inside the Lines Paper #143830 (Sale-a-bration Product)
Watermelon Wonder card base
Aqua Painter #103954
Tear & Tape
1. Cut your Watermelon Wonder card stock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Decide which way you want your flower patter to go and cut at 4″ x 5-1/4″.
3. Color with your Watercolor Pencils:
~Flower Petals-Real Red. Color darker by the center and where the petals meet.
~Flower Centers-Daffodil Delight. Add a little Early Espresso in the very center.
~Large Leaves and stems-Old Olive
~Small Leaves-Old Olive and Daffodil Delight
~Bee & wings-Daffodil Delight (I didn’t use the Aqua Painter here.
4. Gently color each item except the bee using your Aqua Painter. Make sure your brush tip is wet, but do NOT squeeze more water out as you paint as this paper does warp and wrinkle more with more water used. Clean the brush tip before you move onto a different color.
5. Let dry. It does dry pretty quickly, but I did not time how long it took.
6. Now go back and add some shading to the flower petals and large leaves. I did use the Aqua Painter on the leaves, but not on the flowers this second time.
7. Let dry again.
8. Flatten out your paper with your Bone Folder. Add Tear & Tape around all four sides. Center your paper and use your Bone Folder to help it lay flat on your card base.
9. You can add a greeting if you want, but I liked mine without one.
Here is a sneak peek using NEW products from both the 2017 Occasions Catalog and the 2017 Sale-a-bration Catalog. Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper is great for coloring using the NEW Watercolor Pencils and an Aqua Painter. The Catalog pdfs will be posted on my blog on January 4, 2017 per Stampin’ Up! Rules.
*=2017 Occasions Catalog January 4-May 31, 2017
**=2017 Sale-a-bration Catalog January 4-March 31, 2017
*Watercolor Pencils #141709
**Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper #143830
Aqua Painter #103594
Old Olive card stock
Tear & Tape Adhesive #138995
1. Cut your Inside the Lines paper at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Make sure the design is going the direction you want for your Landscape or Portrait card.
2. Use the Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, and Early Espresso Watercolor Pencils to color the leaves. Choose any colors you want depending on the paper you chose.
~Large Dark Green Leaves: Old Olive Watercolor Pencil. Color really dark around the edges of each leaf. Color the center of each leaf so there is very little white paper showing through. Color the center vein Daffodil Delight.
~Rest of Leaves: Color with both the Daffodil Delight and Old Olive Watercolor Pencils in varying shades of the Daffodil Delight and Old Olive. Some I colored with the Daffodil first, others with the Old Olive first, then layered the other color on top.
~Tree Trunks: Early Espresso Watercolor Pencil
3. Color each leaf and tree trunk with your Aqua Painter using just the wet brush tip without squeezing much while you are coloring. Clean your brush tip when changing to a different color.
NOTE: You can use a Blender Pen instead of the Aqua Painter. You can also just leave the Watercolor Pencil coloring alone without doing anything to it.
4. Let dry.
5. Straighten out the paper with your Bone Folder.
6. Cut your Old Olive card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
7. Put Tear & Tape on the back of your watercolored paper. Attach paper to card base.