I made this Copper Tropical Man’s Birthday Card for my son. This was the first time he has been home for his birthday in many years. It is always nice spending time with him. In fact, he is hosting my websites. It is great to have computer tech guys in the family.
Stamps: Happy Birthday Gorgeous Photopolymer stamps #143662
Cardstock: Shaded Spruce
Copper Foil Sheets #142020
Big Shot: Tropical Thinlits #146831
Heat Embossing: Copper Embossing Powder #141636
Embossing Buddy #103083
Heat Tool #149053
Adhesives: Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
1. Cut your Shaded Spruce card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cur your Copper Foil Sheet at 4″ x 4″. Center the square Tropical Thinlit and cut out with your Big Shot.
NOTE: If you want to keep your Copper Foil Sheet shiny and smooth, use this Big Shot Sandwich:
~Big Shot Platform with Thin Die Adapter (Or Multipurpose Platform with all tabs closed)
~Bottom Cutting Plate
~Copper Foil Sheet shiny side up
~Printer Paper touching shiny side of Copper Foil and Thinlit
~Top Cutting Plate
If you want a distressed Copper Foil look, leave out the Printer Paper and use your “well-loved” cutting plates.
3. Put Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of your Copper Foil square. Cut some Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals in half and put behind the leaves in the die cut.
4. Rub the front of your card with your Embossing Buddy to prevent random specks of embossing powder on your project.
~Lay your card base on a piece of clean printer paper.
~Lay your Copper Foil square on your card front to help determine where to stamp your sentiment. I usually pay attention to the distance the bottom of the stamp is from the bottom of the card.
~Remove the Copper Foil square
~Stamp in VersaMark ink
~Dump Copper Embossing Powder over the stamped image area. Dump the Embossing Powder back into the container. Flick the back of your card front a couple of times to remove excess embossing powder.
~Melt the embossing powder with your Heat Tool until all the embossing powder is melted and shiny.
5. Remove the backing from all the Stampin’ Dimensionals and attach your Copper Foil square to your card front.
Your Card is finished.
Get all your Copper Card Making Supplies from My Online Store.
This is a quick and easy Festive Star Christmas card to make. Enjoy!
Stamps: Festive Season Photopolymer #142071
Star of Light Photopolymer #142110
Ink: Crushed Curry
Card Stock: Thick Whisper White
Silver Foil Sheet #132178
Big Shot: Star Framelits #133723
Embossing: Gold Embossing Powder #109129
Heat Tool #129053
Adhesive: Stampin’ Dimensionals
1. Cut your Thick Whisper White card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. SCORE and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Stamp the two word sets in Delightful Dijon ink in the corners as shown.
3. Stamp the star in Crushed Curry ink all over the front. You can stamp over the words and off the sides.
4. Stamp the Star in VersaMark ink on the Silver Foil Sheet. Add the Embossing Powder, removing the excess. Melt the Embossing Powder with the Heat Tool.
5. Let the Star cool while you get out your Star Framelits. Choose the size Star you want and cut out your Embossed Star. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the Star back and attach to the center of your card.
Happy Christmas Card Making!
Graduation cards celebrate the hard work of the graduate to meet all the requirements. My helper, Kiev, made this card for her brother who graduates from High School this week. His school colors are blue and red. Change the card colors to the school colors of your graduate.
*=available June 1, 2016
Stamps: Bravo Photopolymer #135380 (retiring May 31, 2015)
Crazy About You Wood #138856, Clear #138859, Photopolymer #137137
Card Stock: Night of Navy
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper #135315
Big Shot: Party Pop-Up Thinlits #140620
Punch: *Sprinkles #141472
Other: Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder (sorry-no longer available) Choose Gold, Silver, White, or Clear embossing powder instead.
Heat Tool #129053
Big Shot Die Brush #140603
1. Cut your Night of Navy card base at 4-1/4″ x 11″ Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
2. Cut your Whisper White Pop-Up card center at 4″ x 10-1/2″. Score and fold at 5-1/4″.
3. Choose the Hip Hip Hooray Party Pop-Up Thinlit, line up the arrows with the fold line on your Whisper White and run through your Big Shot. Watch this Video for more detailed instructions. Attach to your card inside.
4. Cut your Night of Navy card front at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″.
5. Stamp Congrats in VersaMark ink on your card front. Sprinkle with Cherry Cobbler embossing powder. Remove excess. Melt embossing powder with Heat Tool. Watch this Video if you need help with heat embossing. Repeat with the Happy Graduation. Attach your card front to your card base, making sure the inside is facing up and the card front is facing up. (After several times of putting the card front on so the inside was upside down, I ALWAYS check now so I don’t have to remake the card!)
6. Punch out your confetti shapes with the Sprinkles Punch. You can also use the leftover confetti shapes from the Hip Hip Hooray. Glue to your card front with either Tombow Glue or Fine Tip Glue.
7. Write your congratulations message inside your card and give to the Happy Graduate.
Enjoy making Graduation cards!
I made this card for my Mother’s Birthday which is mid-December. I wanted to use some of the new things I had just received that are in the NEW Spring 2013 Catalog. This was a fun card to make and came together pretty quickly.
* = Spring 2013 Catalog available January 3-May 31, 2013
Stamps: *Amazing Family w#129189 c#129192
*Oh Hello w#130730 c#130733 (Bundle with Oval Framelits w#131102 c#131101)
Card Stock: Regal Rose
Embossing Powder: White
Big Shot: *Oval Framelits #129381 (also in Oh Hello Bundle-see above)
*Needlepoint Border Embossing Folders #129383
*Hearts a Flutter Framelits #130159
Other: Basic Pearls
*Delicate Details Lace Tape #130966
*Paper Doilies #129399
Paper Trimmer or scissors
1. Cut your Melon Mambo card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Take the Needlepoint Border embossing folder of your choice and place it in the desired position along the bottom of your card front. Fold the card back beneath the embossing folder and run through your Big Shot. Sponge the raised designs with Melon Mambo ink and your sponge.
3. Now let’s do our heat embossing. Stamp “You’re Such An Amazing” on Melon Mambo card stock with VersaMark ink and sprinkle with White Embossing Powder. Melt with Heat Tool on High. Now stamp the Chevron Oval from Oh Hello in Versamark ink on Whisper White card stock and sprinkle with Melon Mambo embossing powder. Melt with Heat Tool on High. Finally stamp “Mother” on the White Vellum card stock in VersaMark ink and sprinkle with Black embossing powder. Melt with Heat Tool on Low so you don’t warp the Vellum. This will take longer to melt.
4. Trim around “You’re Such An Amazing” so you form a nice rectangle.
5. Measure the width of the Banner Framelit in the Hearts a Flutter Framelits. Trim around “Mother” so the strip is wide enough to fit in the Banner Framelit. Now take it to your Big Shot and place on the Multipurpose Platform with both Tabs closed and a cutting pad on top. Put the end of the “Mother” banner you are cutting under the Banner Framelit with the other end resting on top of your Banner Framelit. Cover only the end of the Banner Framelit you are cutting with the top cutting pad. Leave the part you are not cutting uncovered to prevent a fold line on your banner. Repeat with the other side.
6. Cut the embossed Oval Chevron with the desired Oval Framelit. Use the next larger Oval Framelit to cut a Melon Mambo Oval. Adhere the two Ovals together with Dimensionals. Put Glue Dots under the “M” and the “R” in Mother and adhere to the embossed Chevron Oval. Adhere all these to the Paper Doily in the desired position.
7. Lay out pieces in desired positions. Adhere the Paper Doily layers with SNAIL. Adhere You’re Amazing with Dimensionals.
8. Add a circle from the Delicate Details Lace Tape in the desired position. Add Pearls as shown or as desired.
9. Admire your lacy feminine card.
You can purchase the items to make this Amazing Card from My Online Store. Spring Catalog items will be available around noon Mountain Time on January 3, 2013.
I really like how this card turned out. I even used colors that I don’t use very often. We will be making this card at my class on Friday.
Stamps: Leaves of a Tree (Holiday Mini) page 43 w#123843
Hand Penned Holidays (Holiday Mini) page 15 w#124310 c#124312
Ink: VersaMark page 203 #102283
Card Stock: Bravo Burgundy
Punch: Tag Corner (retired-sorry) You could use the Ticket Corner instead
Other: Gold Embossing Powder201 #109129
Heat Tool page 201 #10005
1. Stamp Leaves of a Tree with VersaMark ink on a 3″ square of Whisper White card stock. Cover with Gold embossing powder. Remove excess. Melt with Heat Tool.
2. Layering: Bottom Layer: 3-5/8″ River Rock card stock. Middle Layer: Punch corners on a 3-1/4″ square of Bravo Burgundy and adhere to River Rock layer. Top Layer: Punch corners of embossed Whisper White card stock and place on top of River Rock card stock.
3. Decide where to Stamp “Give Thanks” on4-/14″ x 5-1/2″ Bravo Burgundy card front. Ink with VersaMark and use Gold embossing powder. Melt with Heat Tool.
4. Adhere Layers to card front. Adhere card front to River Rock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base, scored at 4-1/4″.
5. Congratulations! You have now finished your card!
Here is a sneak peek of a card we will be making at my class on Friday. It is a Tri-Fold Window card. I saw a similar one on Glenda’s blog and decided to try making one with The Sounding Joy stamp set. I would give you more information, but I don’t want to spoil it for those coming to my class.
I have had a couple of family anniversaries this week.
I have wanted to try the Faux Mother-of-Pearl technique. The uneven sparly look is the Faux Mother-of-Pearl technique which is done with Shimmer Paint.
I also wanted to use a new stamp set from the Holiday mini catalog (starts September 1st!). I had to make a slightly different version for each one. I hope you like them as much as I do!
Cherry Cobbler "Loved"
Stamps: You Are Loved (Holiday Mini) page 40 w#123777 c#123779
Love Blossoms Wheel (Holiday Mini) page 40 #123839
Card Stock: Whisper White card front, scrap, & card base
Punch: Decorative Label page 209 #120907
Other: Frost White Shimmer Paint page 203 #116854
Pewter Embossing Powder (Holiday Mini) page 31 #124114
Heat Tool page 201 #100005
Stampin’ Sponge page 203 #101610
small paper plate
1. Take Whisper White 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ card front. Place on paper to protect your work surface. Pour about a 1/2″ circle of Frost White Shimmer Paint onto the paper plate. Tear off a piece of wax paper about 8-12″ long. Scrunch it up. Partially unscrunch it. Turn it over and scrunch it up again. This time make it so you can hold it in your fingers without getting paint all over yourself. Scrunch up the lower part again. Now pounch the scrunched wax paper into the Shimmer Paint. Pounch it on the paper plate so the paint won’t make globs on your card front. Now pounch it randomly around your card front leaving some parts without Shimmer Paint. Repounch your wax paper in the Shimmer Paint as needed. Continue until you are happy with it. I like moving my hand in different positions and also rotating the paper around. The Paint will become more shimmery as it dries. Also do a scrap of whisper White so you can stamp “Love” and punch it out with the Decorative Label punch. You have just done the Faux Mother-of-Pearl technique.
2. Run your Embossing Buddy over your Real Red Card stock. Ink up the “Heart” stamp with VersaMark and stamp on the Real Red card stock. Apply Pewter Embossing Powder. Melt with Heat Tool. Cut the heart out with scissors.
3. Put the Love Blossoms Wheel into the Handle. Run 8-10 times, going the same direction, over your VersaMark Ink pad. Now roll across the Real Red Cardstock making sure to keep the wheel level so it makes a good impression. Apply Pewter Embossing powder. Melt with Heat Tool. Trim.
4. Stamp “Love” image on your scrap of Faux Mother-of-Pearl. Use Real Red for a lighter red, or Cherry Cobbler for a darker image. Punch out. It will have an uneven look due to the Shimmer Paint. Hold it up to the light and see it shimmer!
5. Sponge edges of Heart and Wheeled images with either Real Red or Cherry Cobbler ink and a Stampin’ Sponge. Sponge around edges of your Faux Mother-of-Pearl card front and your “Love” image. .
6. Attach the wheeled strip with Snail. Attach the Heart and Love images with Dimensionals.
7. Admire your Faux Mother-of-Pearl card. Hold it up to the light and move it around. It is SO beautiful!!
Several of my friends have children getting married-some in the recent past and 2 this weekend. So I have made some wedding cards.
Papers & Cardstock:
Whisper White page 180 #100730
Cardbase: 8-1/2″x5-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″; Card Front: 5-1/4″x4″;
scrap for sentiment which is punched with Petal Card Double Punch
Brushed Silver page 181 #100712 cut at 4-1/4″x5-1/2″
Cherry Cobbler page 179 #119685 scrap to be punched
with Decorative Label Punch
Red Glimmer paper page 181 #121790 Small Heart punch
Cherry Cobbler page 179 #119681
Basic Black page 180 #100082
Ink: VersaMark page 203 #102283
Petal Card Double Punch page 212 #119273
Decorative Label punch page 209 #120907
Small Heart punch page 210 #117193
Vintage Wall Embossing Folder page 219 #120175
Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder page 201 #101930
Heat Tool page 201 #100005
5/8″ White Organza Ribbon page 195 #114319
Snail page 206 #104332 Refill #104331
Dimensionals page 206 #104430
1. Cut Whisper White card front. Run through Big Shot using Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.
2. Lightly tap VersaMark ink pad on the raised areas of the embossed Whisper White. Don’t worry if you get some on the lower areas. Cover with Iridescent Ice Embossing powder. Set with Heat tool. Test to make sure all the embossing powder is melted.
3. Wrap Organza Ribbon aound card front. Tie a knot. Slide to the position you like. Trim ribbon ends.
4. Put Snail gently on the back of the card front so you don’t unemboss it. Attach to Brushed Silver mat. Attach to cardbase.
5. Punch out Card Petal Double punch with Whisper White cardstock. Ink stamp with markers using Cherry Cobbler on the word “Love” and Basic Black on the rest of the words. Breathe on the stamp to remoisten the ink and stamp image. Trim the extra flaps from the Petal Card punched shape.
6. Use the Decorative Label Punch on the Cherry Cobbler cardstock. Attach stamped image with Snail. Punch out the Small Heart from the Red Glimmer paper. Attach it to stamped image with a Dimensional.
7. Put Dimensionals on the back of your stamped and punched label and attach as desired to card front.
8. Admire your card.