I wanted to make a Sliding Flower card after making the Sliding Valentine Cards. This card follows the same steps as shown in the Sliding Valentine video. Enjoy making things slide!
Stamps: Petal Potpourri Wood #137141, Clear #138586 (Bundle with Flower Medallion Punch Wood #138876, Clear #138877)
Perpetual Calendar (leaves) Photopolymer #137167
Yippee Skippee Wood #131341, Clear #131344, MDS #134856
Petite Petals Wood #133152, Clear #133155
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Metallic Silver #132142
Card Stock: Elegant Eggplant
Punch: Hexagon #130919
Flower Medallion #137417 (Also see Bundles above)
Other: Silver 1/8″ Ribbon #132137
1. Watch this video for the basic instructions.
2. Card Stock measurements:
~Elegant Eggplant card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score at 1/4″ at one end and about 4-3/8″ from the other end. The end with the 1/4″ flap is the card front.
~Wisteria Wonder card front: 3-3/4″ x 5-1/4″
~Whisper White inside:3-3/4″ x 5″, and about 3/4″ x 3″
3. Stamp your Wisteria Wonder card front using the Petite Petals flower stamps and Elegant Eggplant ink. Also stamp the leaves from the Perpetual Calendar stamp set in Garden Green on your card front. Attach to your card front (the side with the tab) making sure it is going the direction you want. Cut down the center at about 2″ leaving 1″ uncut at the top and bottom. (See video.) Punch out the half Hexagon from the top of your card and save the punched piece for later.
4. Stamp your Petal Potpourri flower on Elegant Eggplant card stock with Silver Ink. Punch out. Put Dimensionals on the end of the 3/4″ x 3″ strip of Whisper White. Attach to the back of your punched flower. Slip the end of the Whisper White strip through the slit your cut. Open the card so you are now working on the inside. Position your flower as desired, and yes, the strip will most likely be crooked, but it doesn’t matter. Add Sticky Strip to the Whisper White Strip leaving about 1/4″ space between the end of the Sticky Strip and the slit. Remove Sticky Strip backing. Center the 3-3/4″ x 5″ Whisper White piece and align with the top of your card. Press down on the area with the Sticky Strip.
5. Add Sticky Strip to the 1/4″ side tab and gently close, making sure the edges of the card stock are even so the Sticky Strip is all inside the card. Some cards are slightly rounded which makes the inside slide easier. However, it really annoys some people to have a card that is not flat. Use a Bone Folder to flatten out your card if desired.
6. Line up the Whisper White inside with the card front. Glue on the half Hexagon punched shape to the Whisper White in the punched space so it fits perfectly. Hold glued shaped for a few seconds. Pull open the card. Cut about 2-3″ of Silver Ribbon. Fold into a “V” shape. Hold in the position you want. (I hold it with my fingernail.) Use the Stapler to attach the Ribbon.
7. Now pull open the Whisper White as far as you can. Stamp or write on the inside. I stamped the Yippee Skippee Awesome Thanks in Elegant Eggplant in the center and surrounded it with the small leaves stamped in Garden Green.
8. Now make your flower slide up and down several times just to have some fun!
Happy Sliding Card Making!
We made this Awesome Petal Potpourri Flower card at a recent Workshop I helped my new downline with. It was a hit! Four out of the six attendees bought Glimmer Paper!
Stamps: Petal Potpourri wood #137141 clear #138856 (Bundle with Flower Medallion Punch wood #138876 clear #138877)
Big News wood #134015 clear #134018
Ink: Island Indigo
Card Stock: Bermuda Bay
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper #135315
Big Shot: Decorative Dots Embossing Folder #133520
Punches: 7/8″ Scallop Circle
Flower Medallion #137417
Fast Fuse Adhesive
1. Cut your Bermuda Bay card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this video for more details on Basic Card Bases.
2. Cut your Coastal Cabana card front at 4″ x 5-1/2″. Stamp your Awesome sentiment using Island Indigo ink. Run through your Big Shot with the embossing folder. Set aside.
3. Stamp your flower with Island Indigo ink on both Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay card stock. Punch out. If desired, curve you flowers with your Bone Folder by curling 3 petals at a time. Rotate so you have 1 petal from the last three and two new petals. Continue until you like how your flower looks. Attach on top of Bermuda Bay flower with Dimensionals. Punch out a 7/8″ Scallop Circle from the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and attach to the center of your flower with a Dimensional.
4. Decide where to put your flower and where you want your ribbon. Tie Ribbon and trim ends if needed. Attach Flower in desired position. Now attach card front to card base with Fast Fuse adhesive or Tombow Glue.
5. Now give to someone to let them know you think they are awesome!
Happy Card Making!
It is raining here today. So here are a couple of umbrellas to protect you from the weather. I used a couple of My Digital Studio (MDS) Designer Kits.
MDS Software choices including FREE 30-day Trial The MDS Disc Software, MDS Digital Download, and the MDS FREE Trial Digital Download all have the same content. The MDS Express Booster Pack has LOTS of additional digital content and is well worth the price!
Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Series Paper #130670 $4.95
Sunshine & Sprinkles Ensemble #130668 $14.95
Celebrate Any Day Designer Kit #127757 $9.95
Rain Paper (photo): 75% Opacity, Medium Blur
Umbrellas (Embellishments): 73% Opacity, Medium Blur
Thinking of You (stamp): 35% Opacity, Blur – 5
Happy Digital Card Making!
I just LOVE these Painted Petals flowers and decided to use softer colors in this card since I wanted to use the Painted Cotton Trim. Enjoy using these Two-Step stamps to make a card filled with flowers. Change the colors to fit your mood!
Stamps: Painted Petals wood #138819 clear #138822 Photopolymer #137146
Ink: Wild Wasabi
Card Stock: Whisper White
Other: Painted Blooms Cotton Twine #137873
Fast Fuse Adhesive
1. Cut your Blushing Bride card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this video if you need help with making a basic card base.
2. Cut your Whisper White at 4″ x 5-1/4″.
3. Stamp your Painted Petals Stems in Wild Wasabi ink trying to make them slightly different in height. Stamp the first stems in the center, then on each side. I stamped 5 stems. Use a Wild Wasabi Marker, if necessary, to add length to the bottom of your stems.
4. Choose which Painted Petals flower stamps you will use. I stamped the far left, center, and far right stems with the same flowers and similar colors with the darkest in the center. I stamped the other two stems with the same flowers in the contrasting Blushing Bride ink. If you are using either wood or clear mount stamps, use a Stamp-a-ma-jig (video HERE) to help you place your flowers where you want them.
5. Choose one of the colors of Painted Blooms Cotton Twine to tie a bow about 1″ from the lower edge.
6. Attach your Whisper White card front to card base with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
7. You now have a card you can use for any occasion or reason to brighten someone’s day!
Happy Card Making!
I held my Monthly Stamp Class yesterday. We had fun making these cards and decorating the Tiny Treat Boxes.
The Instructions for the Pirate card and the Tiny Treat Boxes will be my next two posts.
The Instructions for making the card with the Three Hearts and the card with the Flowers are on the FREE Site for My Newsletter Subscribers. Sign up for my Newsletter on the right side bar or HERE. You will receive an email with a registration link so you will have access to all the Newsletter Projects for several years.
Happy Stamping and Card Making!
I love the Nordic Noel Designer Series Paper which is perfect for Christmas Cards. You can use the paper of your choice and have a card just as nice and use it for any occasion.
Stamps: Christmas Bliss Photopolymer #138897
Ink: Real Red
Card Stock: Garden Green
Nordic Noel Designer Series Paper #135822
Big Shot: Chalk Talk Framelits #129983
Other: Nordic Designer Buttons #135836
Cherry Cobbler 1″ Sheer Linen Ribbon #135839
Fast Fuse OR SNAIL Double-sided Adhesive
1. Cut your Garden Green card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and Fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this video for more instructions.
2. Cut your Designer Series Paper at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Place your Ribbon about 1″ from the bottom edge. Attach about 1/2″ on the back of your DSP with SNAIL or Glue Dots, then wrap around the front of the DSP and attach the other end on the back of the DSP. Attach this card layer to your card base.
3. Stamp “Merry Christmas” in Real Red ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut out with the coordinating Chalk Talk Framelit. Put Dimensionals on the back.
4. Cut a piece of Garden Green card stock at 1-11/16″ x 4-1/2″. Use the Chalk Talk Framelit of the same width to cut the ends. (I think it is the 2nd largest width-wise.) Watch the Big Shot Basics Video 1 starting at 5:43 to see how this is done. Using a Magnetic Frame makes it even easier. Put Dimensionals on the back. Add your Merry Christmas to the front.
5. Tie some Linen Thread through the button holes and tie one knot. Attach your Buttons to the Garden Green Chalk Talk label with 2 Glue Dots on the back of each button.
6. Your Christmas Card is finished.
Variations: This card design can be used for any occasion. Change the papers, stamps, and embellishments to fit the occasion you need a card for.
Happy Christmas Card Making!
There are five birthdays and an anniversary in my family between now and the first of the year. Three are men’s birthdays. Here is the first one. You could also use it as a Christmas card or for any occasion by changing the sentiment. Change the “snow” to green and you can use it for another season.
Stamps: Geometrical wood#133158 clear#133161 MDS#137069
Bravo Photopolymer #135380
Something to Say wood#134177 clear#134180 MDS# 138099
Ink: Lost Lagoon
Chocolate Chip or other Brown Marker
Card Stock: Whisper White
Punch: Large Triangle #133375
Other: Adhesive of your choice: Tombow Glue, Fast Fuse, SNAIL, Glue Dots
1. Cut your Whisper White card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Tear two 5-1/2″ strips of Whisper White card stock for your “Snow”. Make sure the second one is wide enough to completely go under the top/front snow layer. Sponge the top torn edges with Smoky Slate ink. Lay in the desired positions on your card front, then attach with adhesive.
3. Choose three of the Triangle shapes from the Geometrical stamp set. Stamp 3 triangles of each stamp in the same green. The three identical triangles will form one tree. The striped triangle is stamped in Mossy Meadow. The Polka Dot triangle is stamped in Garden Green. The last triangle is stamped in Old Olive. Layer the triangles together to form your trees. Attach in the desired positions on your snowy hills. The Mossy Meadow Striped Tree is attached flat to the card front along the top of the snow. The other two trees are attached with Dimensionals. Draw in your Tree Trunk with your Brown Marker.
4. Stamp “Congrats! and Happy Birthday in Lost Lagoon ink.
5. Happy Birthday to the Man in your life!
Happy Card Making!
We made this card at one of my classes using the Fun Frames and Decorative Dots Embossing Folders and the Sponging the Embossing Folders technique. This monochromatic card is in Pacific Point. Choose the color you are in the mood for when making your own version of this card.
Stamp: Sassy Salutations w#132070 c#126707 MDS #130860
Ink: Pacific Point
Card Stock: Pacific Point
Big Shot: Fun Frames Embossing Folders #133727
Decorative Dots Embossing Folder #133520
Other: Basic Rhinestones
Stamping Sponge wedge
1. Cut your Pacific Point card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your card front at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Run through your Big Shot with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder. Drag the edges along your Pacific Point ink pad. Attach to your card base with Tombow Glue.
3. Get a piece of Whisper White card stock to use for your Fun Frame. Sponge the side of the embossing folder where the dots sink in making sure to cover the raised area. (Watch this Video for more details.) You can leave some white inside the frame if desired. Put your card stock on the side you did not sponge and gently close the embossing folder and run it through your Big Shot. Remove the embossed card stock. Clean your folder with either running water, Stampin’ Mist, or a baby wipe. Dry with a paper towel. Fussy cut around your Fun Frame. Attach to card front with Dimensionals.
4. Attach Rhinestones as desired.
Happy Card Making!
The Blended Bloom stamp is such a versatile stamp. This is a quick and easy way to slightly dress it up. Have fun making your own version.
Stamps: Blended Bloom w#135906 c# not available
Good Greetings (Hostess stamp set available until October 31, 2014 with qualifying order or party)
Ink: StayzOn Black ink
Melon Mambo Marker
Card Stock: Pink Pirouette
Big Shot: Lovely Lace Embossing Folder #133737
Punch: 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch
Other: Tombow Glue
1. Cut your Pink Pirouette card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and Fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your card front at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Run through your Big Shot with the Lovely Lace embossing folder. Attach to your card base with Tombow Glue.
3. Stamp your Blended Bloom with the Black StazOn on Pink Pirouette. When you color the flower center just make lots of lines like you do when making and asterisk. Draw 1-2 lines in each of the folded parts of your flower petals. Trim close to the the stamped image with your Paper Trimmer to form a square. Cut your Melon Mambo layer 1/2″ larger than your Flower square along both the height and width. Layer the two squares together with Dimensionals. Attach to your card front with Dimensionals.
4. Stamp your sentiment on a 7/8″ strip of Pink Pirouette. Use the 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch on the ends of your sentiment strip. Use your Melon Mambo Marker to color the edges. Attach your sentiment with Dimensionals.
5. Admire your beautiful Blended Bloom card.
Happy Card Making!
I received this card as a swap at Convention. It was made by Kathleen Brandt and I copied it since it made me smile. We made it in my August Stamp Class. It does remind me of Hercule Poirot from Agatha Christy’s books. It is a pretty easy card to make and perfect to give to an Agatha Christy book fan.
Card Stock: Basic Black
Big Shot: Mustache Framelit #133741
Punches: 1″ Circle #119868
1-3/8″ Circle #119860
2-1/2″ ” Circle #120906
Word Window #119857
Other: Paper Trimmer #126889
Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue
1. Cut your Soft Sky card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Basic Gray layer at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Attach to card base.
3. Cut your Soft Sky layer at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Attach to card base.
4. Cut your Whisper White at 3/4″ x 2″. Cut down about halfway at the 1″ mark so you can fold down the “shirt collar”. Set aside.
5. Now for the Monocle (single eye glass piece. Punch the 1″ Circle from Basic Black card stock. Now use the 1-3/8″ Circle Punch to punch around the 1″ hole. Set aside.
6. Punch out a 2-1/2″ Circle from Basic Black card stock.
7. Cut a 3/8″ x about 3-1/2″ Basic Black. Lay your Work Window Punch up-side down so the punch hole is showing. Stick one end of your Basic Black strip into one end of the Word Window Punch so you can round the end of your “Hat Brim”. Repeat with the other end so your strip is about 3″ long.
8. Now to assemble the hat. Decide the placement of the “Hat Brim” on the 2-1/2″ Circle. Glue in place. Trim off excess below the Brim.
9. Now that you have made all the pieces, lay them in the desired positions on your card front. Glue on.
10. Now you have a card to give someone who loves mysteries!
I had a bunch of Autumn Accents leaves left over from my Fall Banner. I also had a So Saffron card base laying on my table. So I used them to make this card with lots of leaves for the background.
Stamps: For All Things w#135152 c#135155 French #136985
Ink: Mossy Meadow
Card Stock: So Saffron card base
Big Shot: Autumn Accents Bigz Die #127812
Punch: Decorative Label #120907
Other: Tombow Glue
1. Cut your So Saffron card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut out your leaves with your Big Shot. I used card stock cut at about 3-1/2″ x 6″. I cut 4 sheets at a time. The BIG advantage of Bigz and Originals Dies! I used a total of 3 Mossy Meadow, 3 Tangerine Tango, 3 Crushed Curry, and 3 Cajun Craze. (Totally unplanned!) Lay them out in the desired positions to cover up as much of the So Saffron card base as possible. I started with tow of the long curvy leaves going up and down the center (Mossy Meadow and Cajun Craze). Then lined the sides using all 4 colors. Then use two of the pointed leaves (Crushed Curry and Tangerine Tango) horizontally in the center with the points meeting in about the center of the card. I filled in the rest of the spaces with the other leaves trying not to have any of the same color close to each other. Yes, the outside leaves do hand over the edges, some quite a bit.
3. Now glue your leaves into place, going over and under other leaves as necessary.
4. Trim the excess card stock leaves from around the card base. I find it easier to cut with the card base showing so my cut line is straighter.
5. Stamp your sentiment in Mossy Meadow on Whisper White card stock. Punch out with the Decorative Label Punch. Attach to your card front with Dimensionals.
6. You now have a nice Fall Card!
Happy Card Making!
I have been wanting to make a Fall Wreath card with the Wonderous Wreath stamps & Wonderful Wreath Framelits. This is a very simple card. Hope you like it and make your own version.
Stamps: Wonderous Wreath Photopolymer #135047, Bundle with Framelits #137624, French, Spanish
For All Things w#135152 c#135155 French
Ink: Old Olive
Card Stock: Very Vanilla
Big Shot: Wonderful Wreath Framelits #135851 (See Bundle above)
1. Cut your 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ Very Vanilla card base. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this video for more information on making card bases.
2. Notice the wreath stamps and Framelits have a part that sticks up that is not part of the stamp image or Framelit image. This tab helps you align the stamps and Framelits and not have to spend a lot of time figuring out which position you need to get them in so they will turn out perfect. With the tab it will only take a few seconds to line things up perfectly! I like to point the tab to the top of the card stock. The clear Photopolymer stamps also help you quickly get that “colored the stamp with markers” effect while using your ink pads!
2a. Now for the stamping. Stamp the wreath part that has lots of leaves first in Old Olive, then in So Saffron. I wanted the leaves to have a yellowish tinge. Next use the stamp with not very many leaves and stamp it in Cajun Craze ink. The wreath stamping is done!
3. Now to cut it out with your Big Shot. Position the tab straight up, or in the same position you had the tab for your stamps. I positioned the smaller, center one first, then the larger one and cut them both out at the same time. Just make sure you cannot see any ink showing while you are positioning them. While you are at the Big Shot, cut the bow from Hello Honey card stock.
4. Lay the wreath and bow in the desired position on your card base. Stamp the banner with So Saffron ink. Stamp Hello Fall with Cajun Craze ink.
5. Attach your Wreath and Bow to the card base with Dimensionals.
6. You now have a cute Fall card.
Happy Fall Stamping!
I have been wanting to use this Cowgirl Boot stamp for a while and finally got around to making it. It was a pretty quick and simple card to make! Make one today for yourself or someone you know.
Stamps: Bootiful Occasions w#131967 c#126597
Baked Brown Sugar
Card Stock: Baked Brown Sugar
Gold Foil Sheets #132622
Big Shot: Stars Framelits #133723
Deco Labels Framelits #130102
Woodgrain embossing folder #127821
Other: Basics Hodgepodge Clips #133765
Gold Embossing Powder #109129
Heat Tool #129053
1. Cut your Baked Brown Sugar card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this video if you need the basics on card bases.
2. Cut your Baked Brown Sugar card front at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Get your Woodgrain embossing folder and your Baked Brown Sugar ink pad. Rub your ink pad directly on the inside front (with the Stampin’ Up! and Sizzix logos) until it is nicely covered with ink. Position your card front on the clean part of the embossing folder. Close the folder and run through your Big Shot as usual. Remove your card stock. Admire the fun way your card stock is now colored to look more like wood! Clean your embossing folder by running it under tap water and drying with a paper towel. You can also spray it with Stampin’ Mist and wipe dry with a paper towel or wipe off with a baby wipe. Attach your embossed card front to your card base with Tombow Glue.
3. Back to the Big Shot to cut out your Framelits. Cut the Deco Label from Chocolate Chip card stock. To cut your Gold Foil Star you will need to put a scrap piece of card stock on top of the Gold Foil as it tends to pick up all the marks from your cutting plates if you just cut it by itself.
4. Put a Star Clip on your Deco Label and attach it to your card front with Tombow Glue. Attach your Gold Star with Dimensionals.
5. Stamp your Boot on Chocolate Chip card stock using VersaMark ink. Sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder. Remove excess. Melt with Heat Tool. Cut out with your paper snips. Attach to your Gold Star with Dimensionals.
Happy Cowgirl Days!
This Honeycomb Hello stamp set is perfect to use with either the Honeycomb Embossing Folder or the Hexagon Hive Thinlit. The Square Fun Frame is the focal point. SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Honeycomb Hello w#134075 c#134078 (Bundle: stamps and Hexagon Hive Thinlit w#136603 c#136604)
Ink & Marker: Island Indigo
Card Stock: So Saffron
Big Shot: Honeycomb Embossing Folder #129378
Fun Frames Embossing Folder #133727
Other: Baked Brown Sugar Thick Baker’s Twine #135639
1. Cut your So Saffron card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this video for specific instructions on card bases.
2. Cut your So Saffron card front at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Run through your Big Shot with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder.
3. While you have your Big Shot out, run the Square Fun Frame through with Whisper White card stock. Trim around the Frame edges leaving about 1/8″ border. Use the fine tip of your Island Indigo Marker to draw inside the embossed lines and around the frame edge. Stamp inside the Frame using the desired stamps from the Honeycomb Hello stamp set and Island Indigo Ink.
4. Lay your Frame in the desired position on your embossed card front. Now stamp inside the desired Honeycombs with the desired Honeycomb Hello stamps using Island Indigo Ink. You might find a Stamp-a-ma-jig helpful. Make sure and clean any excess ink from around the rubber before you stamp as it will stamp the raised edges.
5. Attach your Frame to your card front using Dimensionals.
6. Attache your card front to your card base using Tombow Glue.
7. Tie a bow with the Thick Baker’s Twine. Attach it to your Frame with a Glue Dot on the Knot.
8. Send it to someone to let them know you are thinking of them.
Happy Card Making!
I have been wanting to do some paper piercing lately so here it is using the Just Sayin’ stamp set and the coordinating Eclectic Paper Piercing Pack. I also tried out the Flower Patch stamp set, the NEW Hearts Border Punch, and the Bordering Blooms stamp set. Have fun making your own version of this card!
Stamps: Just Sayin’ wood#133200 clear#133203
Flower Patch Photopolymer #134207 (Bundle with Framelits #136788)
Bordering Blooms Photopolymer #133660
Clear Mount Blocks: Block D
Ink: Mossy Meadow
Elegant Eggplant (I think)
Card Stock: Whisper White
Punch: Heart Border #133784
Paper Piercing Tools:
Paper Piercing Tool #126189
Paper Piercing Mat #126199
Eclectic Paper Piercing Pack #133778
Other: Tombow Glue
Silver Glitter #133756
1. Cut your Blackberry Bliss card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this video for step-by-step instructions on making card bases.
2. Cut your Whisper White card stock at 4″ x 5-1/2″. Use the Hearts Border Punch to punch along one of the 5-1/2″ edges. This becomes the top of your card front.
3. Now stamp your images.
~Stamp the Flower images: The larger one is stamped in Perfect Plum ink, the the second one uses Elegant Eggplant ink (I think).
~Stamp ‘Love Ya’ in Mossy Meadow ink.
~Stamp the leafy border in Mossy Meadow ink.
4. Place the Piercing Mat on your work surface, then your stamped card stock, then line up the piercing mat over the ‘Love Ya’ image. Hold the piercing mat in place while you pierce each hole around the image. This only takes a minute or two, depending on how quick you are.
5. Now to add your Glitter. Make thin lines with your Tombow Glue in the positions you want your Glitter. Sprinkle your Glitter over the flowers. Dump the excess back in the container. Set aside to dry for a while. It should dry in less than 30 minutes, although you may not want to put it in an envelope until the next day as the glue will remain tacky for a while.
6. If desired you can stamp you Leafy Border in Mossy Meadow ink on your envelope flap and, perhaps, along the bottom front of your card.
Happy Card Making and Paper Piercing!
Here is the Moonlight Paper Stack combined with the Geometrical stamp set celebrating Hooray for Today! It uses the NEW Hello Honey card stock OR you could use the NEW Blackberry Bliss card stock. Enjoy making this card.
Stamps: Geometrical w#133158 c#133161 MDS#137069
Ink: Blackberry Bliss #133642
Hello Honey #133643
Card Stock: Hello Honey #133643
Moonlight Paper Stack #133701
Other: SNAIL Adhesive
1. Cut your Hello Honey card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this Video for more detailed instructions.
2. Cut your Moonlight Designer Series Paper at 4″ x 5-1/4″ and attach it to your card base.
3. Stamp your sentiment in Blackberry Bliss. Stamp some triangles and arrows using both Blackberry Bliss and Hello Honey ink.
4. Wahoo! You are done already! This is a great card to send to someone to show you are thinking of them. Who would you like to make this card for?
Happy Card Making!
I just love the NEW Blackberry Bliss which is one of the 2014-2016 In Colors. I used the card stock, Ink Pad, Marker, and Stitched Satin Ribbon in Blackberry Bliss. It is such a rich color! Have fun trying it out starting June 2nd when you can order it! Also NEW are the Something to Say stamp set and coordinating punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.
* = Available June 2, 2014
Stamps: *Something to Say w#134177 c#134180
Papillion Potpourri w#132058 c#123759
Ink: *Blackberry Bliss #133642
*Blackberry Bliss Marker #133654 (Set of 5 In Color Markers)
Card Stock: *Blackberry Bliss #133675
*Moonlight Paper Stack (4-1/2″ x 6-1/2″) #133701
Punches: *Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (3 Punches-flower, star, heart) #133787
Bitty Butterfly #129406
Elegant Butterfly #127526
Modern Label #119849
Other: *Blackberry Bliss 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon #133668
*Fast Fuse Adhesive #129026 *Refill #129027
Basic Rhinestones #119246 (Optional)
1. Cut your Blackberry Bliss card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this Video if you need more details.
2. Cut your Moonlight (or other Designer Series Paper) at 2-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Attach with SNAIL leaving about 1/8″ Blackberry Bliss showing at the bottom of your card front.
3. Attach your Stitched Satin Ribbon using the Fast Fuse Adhesive. You can either run a strip on the back of the ribbon or run a strip on the card front. This adhesive is NOT forgiving! Once it touches the paper, the only way to get it off is to tear it off the paper! This is both a pro and a con. Attach it about 1/4″ below the top of your Designer Series Paper.
Tip: Twist the Fast Fuse at the end of the ribbon to disconnect it from the roll. Otherwise you will end up rolling the clear tape holder because a big extra length was pulled off the roll. It will have left a little lump so you will know when you forgot to twist it. 🙂
4. Stamp one Thank You, one large Butterfly, two small butterflies, and three flowers in Blackberry Bliss ink on Whisper White card stock. Punch each image out with the coordinating punch. Use the Modern Label Punch for the Thank You.
5. Lay out all pieces in the desired positions on your card front. Attach the Thank You first.
6. Fold your Butterflies in half. Put two Glue Dots in the center of the large Butterfly and attach to the center top of the card. Position your small Butterflies as desired. Use 2 Glue Dots on the wing touching the card.
7. Round and shape your Flowers. You can do this with the rounded end of your Piercing Tool and your Piercing Mat, or use your hand instead of the piercing mat. I used my Bone Folder: put the flower in the palm of my hand and inserted the point of the Bone Folder into the flower center and turned in around in a circle until the flower was standing up a little. Use a Glue Dot to attach the flowers in the desired position.
8. Put Rhinestones in the center of each flower, on your Butterfly’s head, and on your Thank You if desired.
9. Admire your Elegant Blackberry Bliss Butterfly and Flower card! Make your own today!
Happy Card Making!
Celebrate your Happy Day in Yellows! Except for the Summer Starfruit ink all these items are in the Occasions Catalog and available until June 1st. Oh, Happy Day makes me hear the song “Oh, Happy Day” from Sister Act in my head. It is such a Happy Song!
* = Occasions 2014 Catalog available until June 1, 2014 unless carried over into 2014 Annual Catalog
Stamps: *Starburst Sayings w#133182 c#133185 (Bundle with Framelits w#134817 c#134818 )
Card Stock: Daffodil Delight
Ink: Summer Starfruit
Big Shot: *Starburst Framelits #132967
Other: *Essentials Wooden Elements #132258
1. Cut your Daffodil Delight card base at 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Stamp Happy Day in Summer Starfruit ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut out with your Big Shot and the coordinating size Framelit. Cut the next larger Framelit from So Saffron card stock. Drag the edges of the larger Starburst through Summer Starfruit ink. Yes, drag it directly over the ink pad. Adhere these layers together with Dimensionals.
3. Get your Essential Wooden Elements out. You can choose any of the circle shapes if you are using this circle stamp. Ink up the Stamp with Early Espresso ink and lay it facing rubber side up. Place the front side of the Wooden Element directly on the stamp and press firmly over the whole Wooden Element. Remove from stamp. Repeat with the second element.
4. Position all pieces as desired. Adhere the card stock with Dimensionals. Adhere the Wooden Elements with 4-5 Glue Dots.
5. Admire your bright, sunny card and give it away to help brighten someone’s day.
Happy Day Card Making!
Here is a quick and easy Butterfly Card using the Swallowtail stamp that uses several retiring products: Melon Mambo Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, and a Large Rhinestone. My grandaughters will both love this sparkly Butterfly Card. The items on the Retiring Lists are going fast and a lot are already sold out! So get what you want now before it is gone!
Stamp: Swallowtail w#131943 c#129216 MDS#133011
Card Stock: Tempting Turquoise
Other: Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (You can also use Dazzling Details)
2-Way Glue Pen #100425
Large Rhinestone Basic Jewels #129324
Melon Mambo Stampin’ Emboss Powder #123223
Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents #119246
Heat Tool #129053
1. Cut your Tempting Turquoise card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Ink your Swallowtail Butterfly stamp with VersaMark Ink and lay rubber side up on your craft table. Lay your folded card base on top of the stamp. Rub stamp with either a Clear Mount Block, the Wood part of a Wood Mount stamp, or with your fingers. Clear Mount Blocks slide easier. Rubbing with a block allows you to get even pressure on larger inked stamps.
3. Now place your stamped image on a scrap piece of printer paper and dump the Melon Mambo embossing powder over the whole stamped image. Remove excess and melt with your Heat tool. Put excess Embossing Powder back in into the jar. Turn over paper so the clean side is up.
4. Take your 2-Way Glue Pen and activate it by pressing the tip on a scrap of card stock. When the ink starts flowing, spread it over the areas of your butterfly you want sparkly. In hindsight, I think I would do just some of the Tempting Turquoise areas that show up in the wings. Sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. Remove excess Glitter from card and return excess to jar. No matter how careful you are, you will end up sparkly for a while.
Note: If you are using Dazzling Details just put it where you want it on the Butterfly and set it aside to dry for a few hours.
5. Now add some Rhinestones for the head and body. I used a large Rhinestone for the head and basic Rhinestones for the rest of the body and two of the smallest Rhinestones for the end of the antennas.
6. Admire your sparkly Butterfly Card before giving it to someone who will enjoy the sparkles.
Happy Card Making!
Do you need a super quick, 5 minute card? This one will do it for you! Choose your 1-1/4″ Ribbon and some coordinating card stock. Score one side at 1-1/2″ and fold in the other side so the edges meet. Tie your big bow around the card. Slip a 3/4″ piece of Sticky Strip under the Ribbon on the back two sides so the Ribbon will not fall off the card. You can stamp and decorate the inside of the card if desired. Make sure and take advantage of the Retiring List and get those Wish List items before they are gone!