This would be a great Valentine Card for your favorite guy! Most guys (and some gals) love wood and nature. So make this card with the fun Wood paper and this stamp set with a Tree stump. You can replace the retired (oops!) Jute Twine with the 1/4″ Copper Trim or Linen Thread.
Stamps: Always & Forever Wood Mount #143811, Clear Mount #143814
Inks: Early Espresso
Blends Markers: Crumb Cake Combo Pack #144601
Old Olive Combo Pack #144597
Cardstock: Thick Whisper White
Wood Textures 6×6 Designer Series Paper #144177
Trim: Linen Thread #1041991/4″ Copper Trim #144179 Jute Twine (Sorry, retired) OR , OR
Adhesives: Fast Fuse or SNAIL
1. Cut your Thick Whisper White card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. SCORE and fold at 4-1/4″.
NOTE: I just did this all on the card base. When you use Blends to color, the color will bleed though your cardstock. SO either color with your card base open OR if you do not want the bleed through to show, cut a Whisper White card front at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Do everything to the card front, then attach it to the card base. Instructions are for just the card base with no additional card front. My son thought the bleed through was an additional feature of the card.
2. Cut your Wood Textures DSP at 2″ x 6″ with the pattern you want on your card. Attach to your card base with Fast Fuse. Trim excess from top and bottom.
3. Stamp your Tree Stump in Early Espresso ink overlapping your Wood paper. Lay your card base open and flat on a piece of scratch paper. Color the Tree stump around the bottom edges and left side and the bottom of the oval at the top with the Crumb Cake Dark Blends Marker. Color the rest of the Tree Stump with the Crumb Cake Blends Marker blending the darker Crumb Cake. Now color some grass with the Old Olive Blends Markers. I then used the Thin tip of the Crumb Cake Dark Blends to color the tree trunk next to the grass.
4. Stamp Forever at an angle in Real Red ink. Stamp two of the Heart Confetti also in Real Red ink.
5. Place 4 Glue Dots along the border of the Wood paper. Attach your Jute Twine or Linen Thread. Use SNAIL on the back of the Copper Trim to attach it to the card base. Trim excess.
Your Card is Finished.
6. Envelope: You can stamp the round wood stamp on your envelope. Use regular Stampin’ Write Markers to color it if desired.
~You could also emboss the flap with the Pine Planks Dynamic Embossing Folder. Watch this Video to learn how.
Get your Valentine Card Making supplies from My Online Store.
Happy Valentine Card Making!