This Yay! Cake Card was made by Kiev for the Three Things Challenge #7. It can be used as a Birthday or Wedding Card. Clear Embossing Powder adds some shine and texture. Don’t you just love the diagonal stripes!
*Bundle: Amazing Life Photopolymer stamps + Rectangle Stitched Framelits Bundle #150624
Stamps: *Amazing Life Photopolymer #148750
Inks: Flirty Flamingo
Cardstock: Whisper White
Big Shot: Rectangle Stitched Framelits #148551
Heat Embossing: Clear Embossing Powder #109130
Heat Tool #129053
Adhesives: SNAIL or Tombow Glue
1. Cut your Blushing Bride card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Diagonal Stripes:
~Cut two 1″ x 5-1/2″ strips from Flirty Flamingo cardstock.
~Cut four 1/4″ x 5-1/2″ strips from Early Espresso cardstock.
~Attach one Early Espresso strip to each side of the Flirty Flamingo strips.
~Then, attach one strip 2″ from the bottom lower right corner and up 2-1/4″ from the bottom right corner.
~Now, attach the other strip 2″ from the upper left corner along the fold and 2″ from the upper right corner along the top edge.
3. Cut out the 3rd from the largest in the group of eight Rectangle Stitched Framelits from Whisper White cardstock.
NOTE: Rub the cardstock front with your Embossing Buddy first. Then stamp one image and quickly add the embossing powder. You can use the Heat Tool after each image OR after all the images are stamped. Watch This Video for help with Heat Embossing.
4. Stamp & Emboss
~Stamp the Corner image in Flirty Flamingo ink in the lower right corner. Add Embossing Powder.
~Stamp the Corner Image in Flirty Flamingo in the upper left corner. Add Embossing Powder.
~Stamp YAY! in Flirty Flamingo ink close to the bottom corner and centered on the rectangle. Add Embossing Powder.
~Melt the Embossing Powder with your Heat Tool if you have not done so already.
5. Stamp your Cake in Early Expresso ink as shown. Attach to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Your Yay! Cake Card is finished!
Did you like this YAY! Cake Card? Check out these Birthday Cards and Wedding Cards on my blog for more ideas. Use the stamps and papers you have to make your OWN version.
A friend of mine is getting married so I made a Silver Wedding Card using the Beautifully Baroque Stamp Set and Embossing Folder to coordinate with the Silver Gift Wrap. I love the NEW Beautifully Baroque Stamp and Embossing folder. I also decided to try sanding the Brushed Silver card stock. It looks wonderful! I hope you enjoy making one for someone special.
Stamps: *Beautifully Baroque w#130895 c#not available
Love & Laughter w#128433 c#125477
Card Stock: Brushed Silver #100712
Big Shot: *Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder #130917
Apothecary Accents Framelits
Other: Silver Embossing Powder
Sanding Block #129367
*Beautifully Baroque Bundle with stamp set and embossing folder: w#132732 c#not available
1. Cut two pieces of Brushed Silver card stock at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (card front) and 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ (card base).
2. Emboss the 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Brushed Silver card stock with the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder and your Big Shot. Choose which side of the embossed card stock you want on front and sand it with the Sanding Block. I found it worked best to use circular motions when sanding. Brush off all sanding debris. Adhere embossed card stock to card base.
3. Stamp the large Beautifully Baroque image in VersaMark on Whisper White card stock. Cover the VersaMark ink with Silver embossing powder. Melt with Heat Tool. Cut around embossed image with scissors. Put Dimensionals on the back.
4. Stamp the sentiment with Black StayzOn on Whisper White card stock. Cut out with the Apothecary Art Framelit. Put Dimensionals on the back.
5. Put the Baroque Image and the Sentiment in the desired positions. Remove Dimensional backings and adhere in place.
6. Add Basic Rhinestones as desired.
7. I added a 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White card stock piece inside to write on.
8. Admire your wonderful wedding card before giving to someone.