Here are my Swap Cards for the Stampin’ Up! OnStage event next week.
What is a Swap? Either a card, card front, card element such as Artist Trading Card (ATC), or 3D item made with current Stampin’ Up! products that you trade with others for one of their Swap cards/items. This is a great way to get lots of fun ideas. I will post some of the swaps I receive starting the last week in April. This year my swaps are simple as I have had to make them myself. They are a 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ sheet of card stock with no layers.
Grateful Bunch Card:
Grateful Bunch stamp set
Ink: Pacific Point
Card Stock: Whisper White
Rose Wonder Card:
Rose Wonder stamp set
Ink: Rose Red ink
Because the stamps I used are Photopolymer I used the Stampin’ Pierce Mat for my stamping surface.
This Rose Wonder card is quick and easy and is made on the card base with no extra layers. A customer commented that most cards today involve very little stamping, lots of layers with die cuts or punches. So I am accepting the challenge to make at least one card a week that involves more stamping and less layers. The Grateful Bunch Collage Card was the first, this is the second single layer card. Have fun!
Stamps: Rose Wonder Photopolymer #140697 (Bundle with Rose Garden Thinlits #140804)
Ink: Melon Mambo
Pink Pirouette Marker
Card Stock: Pink Pirouette
Other: Stampin’ Pierce Mat #126199 so you get a great stamped image with your Photopolymer stamps.
1. Cut your Pink Pirouette card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Ink up your large Rose with Melon Mambo ink and with your card base on the Stampin’ Pierce Mat, stamp your Rose.
3. Stamp your Frame and the Happy Birthday in Melon Mambo ink on your card base.
4. Use your Pink Pirouette Marker to color on the outside of the Rose Petal lines as shown.
5. Ta-Da!! You are done!! Experiment with different colors of card stock and ink and with different stamps.
This Birthday Card uses the Rose Wonder Bundle: stamp set and Thinlits, plus the Fun Frames embossing Folder. Have fun making one of your own. Choose your colors and have some fun!
Rose Wonder Photopolymer Bundle #140804
Ink: Rose Wonder
Card Stock: Rose Red
Big Shot: Rose Garden Thinlits (See Bundle above)
Fun Frames embossing folders #133727
Polka Dots embossing folder #133739
Embellishments: Glitter Tape #141020 (Sale-a-bration product FREE with $50 purchase available until March 31, 2016)
Dazzling Details #124117
Adhesives: Glue Dots
Other: Paper Snips or scissors to cut out the Fun Frame
Baby Wipe or wet paper towel to remove some of the ink from embossing folder
1. Cut your Rose Red card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Put your card front inside the Polka Dot embossing folder folding the card back under the embossing folder. Run through your Big Shot.
2. Stamp your four Flowers with Rose Red ink using the Rose Wonder Flower that coordinates with the Thinlit. I did use the Precision Base Plate with my Big Shot to cut these flowers out. Cut all four flowers out using your Big Shot and the coordinating Thinlit.
3. Choose the words you want on your card, then choose the Fun Frame embossing folder that your words fit in. Stamp your words in Cherry Cobbler ink on Rose Red card stock making sure you have enough room for your Fun Frame. You can see my choices. Feel on the inside of your embossing folder for the side where the images sink down to leave indents (not being raised above the plastic). Take your Cherry Cobbler ink pad and run it over your embossing folder on the side where the images sink down. Make sure all the flat parts which include the dots and the inner frame lines and outer frame lines are covered with ink. If you are like me, you will have ink covering most of the inside of the Frame where you want to stamp your image. Take a baby wipe or wet paper towel or tissue and wipe away the ink from places you don’t want it. Remoisten the ink on the embossing folder by opening your mouth wide and breathing on it. Now insert your Rose Red card stock into the embossing folder so the stamped words are positioned in the Fun Frame where you want them and run through your Big Shot. Run your embossing folder under running water to clean. Cut out your Fun Frame using Paper Snips or scissors.
4. Lay out your Flowers and Frame. Decide where your Glitter Tape will go remembering that Stampin’ Dimensionals do not stick to the Glitter Tape. Attach your Glitter Tape to your card front. Attach your Flowers with 2 Glue Dots under the center small circles. Attach your Fun Frame with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Put dots of Dazzling Details on each of the flower center circles. Set aside to dry.
5. You can use the Flower stamp to decorate your envelope OR you can emboss the envelope flap. Watch this Video to learn how to emboss the envelope flap.
Happy Card Making!
Make this Wedding Card with the Rose Wonder Bundle and Vellum. This week’s posts will feature the Rose Wonder Bundle which included the Rose Wonder Photopolymer stamp set and the Rose Garden Thinlits. Today’s card features the Rose Garden Thinlits and Glimmer Paper.
Rose Wonder Bundle #140804
Stamps: Suite Sayings Wood #140709, Clear #140712
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler
Botanical Gardens Vellum # (FREE Sale-a-bration item available until March 31, 2016)
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper #
Big Shot: Rose Garden Thinlits #140619 (See Bundle above)
Multipurpose Platform OR Magnetic Platform
Precision Base Plate #139684
Other: Rhinestones Basic Jewels
Fine Tip Glue Pen
1. Cut your Cherry Cobbler card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Large Rose using the Thinlit and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. It is recommended that you put the Sparkly side down and the Thinlit against the paper backing. The sandwich I used was: Magnetic Platform, Precision Base Plate, Glimmer Paper sparkly side touching the Precision Base Plate, Rose Thinlit, FLAT cutting plate. The FLAT cutting plate is very important so all the thin lines and details get cut properly. I found most of the pieces just fell out. You can use the Big Shot Die Brush if your pieces need help coming out quickly.
3. Cut your Vellum card front at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Set aside.
Use small dots of the Fine Tip Glue Pen along all the thin lines of your Rose. Too much glue will bleed out and stain your Vellum. Attach to your Vellum piece.
4. Stamp your saying using the Tuxedo Memento Black ink.
5. Attaching your Vellum to the card base can be tricky. I dotted a few places under the Rose and I just used 4 Glue Dots at the corners. Apparently some of my Fine Tip Glue Pen dots were too big and bled to stain the card stock. I also used Glue Dots at the corners and covered them with Rhinestones.
6. If desired, cut a piece of 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White to put in the inside of your card to write on.
Happy Card Making!