I LOVED the March 5th Anniversary Paper Pumpkin Kit! I will admit it did take me a bit to figue out where all the parts went. The die cuts were nicely labeled, but the directions did not tell me where they all went. Anyway, my creative juices got going and I had fun making these cards and decorative envelopes. I really liked the HUGE amount of Stampin’ Dimensionals that came with the Kit. I can use lots and still have plenty to finish all the cards!
I used the supplies that came in the kit along with scissors, a ruler, and SNAIL adhesive. There is a ruler printed on the instructions, but I usually forget about it……
NOTES: Things I figured out AFTER making my cards.
1. The line divides what goes on each card set. The larger top section is for the Pink card front on the Crumb Cake card base AND the Envelope with the swirls.
2. The die cuts on the smaller lower section are all used on the Crumb Cake Rose Print card front and Fresh Fig card base AND the Rose Envelope.
3. Did your ribbon come out wrinkled? Just put SNAIL on the back to attach it and you won’t see any wrinkles. I did figure this out while I was making the cards. I used SNAIL to attach all the ribbon. I was really not in the mood to iron all the ribbon as I was making these in the evening while watching TV with my DH and son.
4. Each month Stampin’ Up! posts a short video on how to assemble the kit on pumpkinhowto.com. I always forget to watch it before I make the cards. Although the video does move pretty quickly, you get the general idea of how to make the cards more than from the printed instructions…. in my opinion.
HERE IS THIS MONTH’S PAPER PUMPKIN VIDEO:
PINK CARD FRONT WITH CRUMB CAKE CARD BASE
1. Punch out the die cuts from the larger top half:
~Leaf A and Leaf B
~Pink and gold flowers
~Also the filigree Tag from the Tag sheet
2. Stamp the flourish in Early Espresso ink in each corner.
3. Cut two pieces of ribbon at 3-1/4″. Hold together and trim the ends at an angle. Lay on card front to determine position. Place SNAIL on the back of the ribbon and attach to card front. This will take the wrinkels out.
4. Attach all the pieces:
I just used Stampin’ Dimensionals on all the die cuts. You can use Glue Dots where one die cut lays on top of another die cut if you want.
~Stamp the desired sentiment on the filigree Tag. Attach to your Pink Card Front with Stampin’ Dimensionals over the ribbon.
~Attach Leaf A towards the bottom of the Tag as shown.
~Next add the Gold Flower, then the Pink Flower on top.
~Attach the small Leaf B behind the Pink Flower. (I did not do this and used this leaf on the other card because I had not figured things out yet.)
~Attach the Pink Card Front to the Crumb Cake card base with Dimensionals.
1. Get the Envelope with the Swirls pring.
2. Punch out the large flower die cut. Attach to the Swirls Envelope with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Yes, use lots around the edges with a few in the center. I should have taken a picture, but didn’t think about it.
3. Cut Ribbon at 3-1/2″ and trim ends as desired. Attach to envelope with SNAIL.
4. Punch out the Label B from the top half. Stamp Happy Birthday. Put Dimensionals on the back. Attach over Ribbon.
5. Punch out the holes in the bake of the envelope: one will almost halfway down the back, the other on the envelope flap.
~Punch out the Green circles and the holes. Put a brad through the Circle Hole and put the brad tabs through the envelope hole. Hold the brad with your fingernails underneath the brad top, then spread the brad tabs. Repeat with second brad and Geen Circle. Tie the Thread around the brad on the envelope. Trim end. Wrap thread around both brads a few times. Cut end when you like the look. There is no measurement given in the directions.
ROSE PRINT CARD FRONT WITH FRESH FIG CARD BASE:
1. Get the Crumb Cake Rose Print card front.
2. Attach the pink strip about 1/2″ from the card front bottom edge. Attach the yellow strp next to the pink strip. Trim edges.
3, Stamp the sentiment on the Large Label B. Punch out the holes. Tie a large Baker’s Twine bow in each hole. (I am not good with the rumpled Baker’s Twine look. You can do that if you want as per the instructions that came with the Kit.) Put 3-4 Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back.
4. Now get Leaf A and Leaf B from the bottom half. (Note: I used the small Leaf B from the top half on my card so yours will look different.) I put Dimensionals on the back of them. I thin attached them to the Dimensionals on the back of the Large Label B. I then attached them to the card front.
5. Attach the completed card front to the Fresh Fig card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
1. Get the Rose Envelope.
2. Cut your Ribbon about 3″. Attach to envelope with SNAIL.
3. Punch out the Lower Label B. Stamp with Hello. Attach Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back. Attach over Ribbon.
4. Punch out the holes in the bake of the envelope: one will almost halfway down the back, the other on the envelope flap.
~Punch out the Fresh Fig circles and the holes. Put a brad through the Circle Hole and put the brad tabs through the envelope hole. Hold the brad with your fingernails underneath the brad top, then spread the brad tabs. Repeat with second brad and Geen Circle. Tie the Thread around the brad on the envelope. Trim end. Wrap thread around both brads a few times. Cut end when you like the look. There is no measurement given in the directions.
Wahoo you have finished one set of cards!! You can finish the rest following the instructions above, or mix up the die cuts to get different looks. You could even use your own cardstock to put the die cuts on to make stamdard size cards. Have LOTS OF FUN with this Kit!
Want YOUR OWN Paper Pumpkin Kit in your mailbox every month? Subscribe NOW to get 50% off your first TWO months! This offer is for NEW subscribers only. Make sure and use the Code: SAVEFIFTY0418 to get the discount applied.