Here is a quick & easy way to send a Christmas Note or you can also include a Gift Card inside. I have seen a couple of versions of this so I decided to make one of my own. I used the Top Note die, the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, and the Holiday Ornaments Framelits. Try making one of your own! It only takes about 10-15 minutes.
Stamps: More Merry Messages w#126400 c#126402
Ornament Keepsakes w#128048 c#128051 (Bundle with Framelits w#129949 c#129950) Holiday 2012 Catalog
Ink: Cherry Cobbler or Real Red
Card Stock: Gumball Green
Very Vanilla and/or Whisper White
Red Glimmer Paper #121790 (Ornament #1)
Big Shot: Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder #120175
Holiday Ornaments Framelits #127816 *Holiday 2012)
Other: Sticky Strip
Basic Pearls #119247
Platinum Shimmer Paint #116807
Sponge Daubers #102892
Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details #125585 (Ornament #2)
Crystal Effects #101055 (Ornament #2)
Corner Rounder Punch #
1. Cut your Gumball Green card stock at 4-1/4″ x 11. Score & fold at 5-1/2″ .
2. Line up the fold line just above and inside the cutting line on your Top Note Die. You want the cutting line showing below the fold so the fold remains after you cut out the Top Note.
3. Score the top of one flap about 3/4″ from the top so it will fold down as shown. Center in the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder with your Top Note shape still folded and the scored flap folded down. Run through your Big Shot with all tabs open.
4. You can sponge now with Gumball Green ink if desired. I have found with the new Firm Foam Ink Pads that I have to press the sponge firmly into the Firm Foam Ink Pad and Twist firmly so I can get some ink on my sponge.
5. Put Sticky Strip on the inside of the short front side of your Top Note shape as close to the outside edges as possible. Adhere to back side. You can put Dimensionals under the sides of the flap if desired.
6a. Ornament #1. Cut desired ornament shape from Red Glimmer Paper using Holiday Ornament Framelit. Paint the top using a Sponge Dauber (or paint brush) and the Platinum Shimmer Paint. Add strings of the small pearls as desired. Attach to Top Note with Sticky Strip.
6b. Ornament #2. Stamp desired Ornament in Cherry Cobbler or Real Red ink. Cut out using the coordinating Holiday Ornament Framelit. Add strings of pearls as desired. “Paint” desired parts of Ornament with Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details if desired, wiping off any globs with a tissue if necessary. Attach to Top Note with Sticky Strip. Cover Ornament with Crystal Effects. (I didn’t cover the pearls.) Set aside to dry for several hours or overnight.
7. Note Card. Cut a piece of 2-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ piece of Very Vanilla (or Whisper White). Round the corners with the Corner Rounder Punch. Stamp desired sentiment at the top and on the middle (which will be hidden inside). Slide inside. (You might want to wait until later if you made Ornament #2!) You can also attach a gift card to the back with Glue Dots now if desired.
8. Admire your fun little Note or Gift Card Holder!
You can get all the supplies to make this Christmas Note or Gift Card Holder in My Online Store.
Merry Christmas Gifting!
I am finally posting the Ornament I made using the Keepsakes Ornament Bundle. It was pretty easy to make. I watched a video by Angie Kennedy Juda and changed only a couple of things. Pretty amazing!
I just wished I had TWO of the Silicone Craft Sheets when I made it! I do wish they would make some Silicone Craft Gloves or Fingers too. I did feel like a gluey mess and I did burn my fingers a couple of times with the hot glue. And next time I will remember to put the Baker’s Twine in right after I put the Ornament pieces together! But I am happy the way the Ornament turned out! We are making it at my class this Friday. Wish you were here!
Bundle: Holiday Keepsakes Ornament Bundle (stamps & Framelits) w#129949 c#129950
Stamps: Perfect Punches w#117022 c#120516
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Punches: 1-3/4” Scallop Circle
2-3/8” Scallop Circle – to cover back
1” Circle – Behind Rosette
Card Stock & Papers: Whisper White OR Very Vanilla (I used Whisper White)
Candlelight Christmas DSP 1” x 12” strip #126901
Big Shot: Holiday Ornament Framelits (included in above Bundle)
Rosette Die #125594
Embellishments: Cherry Cobbler 3-1/2″ Scalloped Tulle Ribbon # about 24” #127841
1/8” Taffeta Ribbon about 12” (I used 1/4″ Grosgrain #126877)
Linen Thread or Baker’s Twine about 5 feet (I used Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine #123125)
Vintage Faceted Designer Button #127555
Large Pearl #125577
Other: Tombow Glue
Silicone Craft Sheet #127853
Popsicle Sticks (not SU )
Simply Scored (optional)
Hot Glue Gun with extra glue sticks (not SU )
Paper Punch or Crop-o-dile
Optional: Mist made with Shimmer Paint or Glitter or Dazzling Details.
(Email me if you would like better written instructions.)
1. Cut five 3″x 11″ pieces of card stock to stamp the Large Ornaments on. Stamp four Large Ornaments per strip for a total of 20. Cut three 2-1/2″ x 11″ pieces of card stock to stamp the Small Ornaments on. Stamp seven Small Ornaments per strip for a total of 21. Lay a strip of Large Ornaments next to a strip of Small Ornaments when cutting out the Ornaments with the Framelits.
2. Fold 15 Large and 15 Small Ornaments in half. Take 3 folded Ornaments and 1 flat Ornament and glue them together. You will end up with 5 sets of Large Ornaments and 5 sets of Small Ornaments.
3. Take 12″ of Baker’s Twine. Knot the ends together and double. Glue onto the bottom part of the Large Ornaments.
4. Glue Large Ornaments onto a 1-3/8″ Circle of card stock.
5. Cut 5 pieces of Scalloped Tulle Ribbon which are 3 Scallops wide. Gather with your fingers and hot glue between Large Ornaments.
6. Glue Small Ornaments on top of Tulle Ribbon so they are standing at an angle.
7. Cut strip of DSP with Rosette die. Pleat and glue ends together. Glue onto 1″ punched circle.
8. Glue Button on top of Rosette. Add Large Pearl to center of Button. Hot Glue Rosette to center of Ornament.
9. Punch hole in the Large Ornament you want as the top. Thread 12″ of Ribbon through and knot the ends.
10. Punch 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle. Glue to back of Ornament. Stamp Joy and punch out with 1-3/4″ Scallop circle. Glue to larger scallop circle.
11. Admire your Beautiful Ornament!
You can purchase all the supplies to make this Ornament in My Online Store.
Happy Ornament Making!
Would you like to make an Elegant Christmas card using your Ornament Keepsakes Bundle? Here is a quick card that uses your Ornament Keepsakes Bundle, the Delicate Designs embossing folder, the Large Scallop Edgelit, and the beautiful metal Flourish Designer Frames. Enjoy making this card as one of your Christmas Cards! It would be pretty easy to mass produce if you send a lot of Christmas Cards. We will be making this card in my Local Stamp Class on December 7th. Register for the Class HERE. I would love to have you join us!
* = Holiday 2012 Catalog
Stamp & Framlit Bundle: *Ornament Keepsakes w#129949 c#129950
Stamps: *Greetings of the Season w#128030 c#128033
Card Stock: Raspberry Ripple
Ink: Raspberry Ripple
Big Shot: Delicate Designs Folders #127023
Large Scallop Edgelit #127019
Punch: Decorative Label #120907
Other: *Flourish Designer Frames #127835
1/8″ Mini Brads #122941
Raspberry Ripple 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon #126845
October 2012 Promotion: Merry Christmas Bundle: Includes Ornament Keepsakes stamp set (with or without Framelits), and Candlelight Christmas Designer Series Paper and get the Festive Piercing Pack FREE!
Without Framelits w#132260 c#132261 Stamp set, Designer Series Paper, Piercing Pack
With Framelits w#132262 c#132263 Stamp set, Framelits, Designer Series Paper, Piercing Pack
1. Use your Big Shot and the Large Scallop Edgelit to cut the Scallops about 1/2″ from each side of a 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ of Vellum card stock. Now emboss using the Delicate Designs Folder of your choice. I used the snowflake. Put Glue Dots behind several of the center dots on the embossed border and adhere to Raspberry Ripple card front. (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored and folded at 4-1/4″)
2. Stamp the desired Ornament in Raspberry Ripple ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut out with your Big Shot and coordinating Framelit. Put Dimensionals on the back of your Ornament-Leave the back on. Tie a bow with the Stitched Satin Ribbon and attach to top of Ornament with Glue Dots.
3. Stamp the desired sentiment in Raspberry Ripple ink on Whisper White card stock. Punch out with your Decorative Label Punch. See how it fits on the back of your Flourish Designer Frame. Roll 4-6 Glue Dots and stick on edges of your Flourish Frame and attach to punched out sentiment.
4. Position Ornament and Flourish Framed Sentiment as desired. Attach Ornament with Dimensionals. Attach Flourish Frames with 1/8″ Mini Brads.
5. Admire your Elegant Christmas Card!
You can get all the supplies to make this Christmas Card at My Online Store.
Today brings another Christmas Card. This one uses the Ornament Keepsakes Bundle (stamps and Framelits) and the Candlelight Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper and Glimmer Paper. Remember there is a Stampin’ Up! Merry Christmas Promotion in October. Buy the the stamps or Bundle and the DSP and get the Festive Paper Piercing Pack Free!
Sorry I am late today. There was a young Border Patrol Agent killed last week. He lived in my town. My children know his family. It has been a shock to the whole community. Today is the funeral. There have been 5 funerals of people I know in the last month. It has been hard.
Merry Christmas Promotion Item Numbers:
Choice 1-Stamp set, DSP: Includes Ornament Keepsakes Set, Candlelight Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper, Festive Paper-Piercing Pack.
~Wood mount #132260. Retail value $55.85, Special Price $47.90.
~Clear mount #132261. Retail value, $44.85 Special Price $36.90.
Choice 2-includes Stamp set, Framelits, DSP: Includes Ornament Keepsakes Bundle, Candlelight Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper, and Festive Paper-Piercing Pack.
~Wood mount #132262. Retail value $70.85, Special Price $62.90.
~Clear mount #132263. Retail value $63.85, Special Price $55.90.
Stamps: *Ornament Keepsakes w#128048 c#128051
Paper: *Candlelight Christmas Specialty DSP #126901
*Champagne Glimmer Paper #127885
Red Glimmer Paper #11790
Big Shot: *Holiday Ornament Framelits #127816
Other: Whisper White 1/4″ Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon #126877
Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue
* = Holiday 2012 Catalog
1. Stamp first, then cut your image out with your Framelits.
2. I used a double layer of Dimensionals on the Stamped Ornament to raise it up higher than just one layer. I used a single layer of Dimensionals under the Glimmer Ornament.
3. Glue the Glimmer paper layers together.
4. Attach the ribbon with Glue Dots.
You can purchase all these items to make your Christmas Card from My Online Store.
Happy Stamping and Christmas Card Making!