This is one of the Pretty cards we made at my last Stamp Class. I just love the Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper! So this week’s posts will all be Pretty cards you can use for the Women in your life.
Stamps: Just Sayin’ Wood #133200, Clear #133203
Ink: Blackberry Bliss
Card Stock: Whisper White
Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper #137784
Big Shot: Word Bubble Framelits #132968
Spring Flowers Embossing Folder #137365
Other: Basic Rhinestones
Silver 5/8″ Satin Ribbon #134548 (or choose another ribbon)
Blackberry Bliss 3/8″ Satin Stitched Ribbon #133668
Stamping Sponge wedge
Fast Fuse OR SNAIL Adhesive
1. Cut your Blackberry Bliss card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Blackberry Bliss card front at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Run through your Big Shot with the Spring Flowers embossing folder. Attach to card base with Tombow Glue.
3. Cut your flowered paper at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Sponge around the edges with Blackberry Bliss ink and your sponge wedge. Attach to your card base.
4. Stamp your desired sentiment in Blackberry ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut out with the coordinating Framelit. Add Rhinestones if desired. Put Dimensionals on the back.
5. Cut your Silver Ribbon at about 5-1/4″ long. Cut your Blackberry Bliss Ribbon about 4-3/4″ long. Attach the ribbons together with either SNAIL or Fast Fuse.
6. Lay ribbons and sentiment in the desired positions and attach to card front. Use either Fast Fuse or SNAIL to attach ribbons to card front.
7. Add Rhinestones to the upper corners of your flowered paper if desired.
8. Add a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White card stock to the inside of your card so you have something to write on.
Happy Card Making!
I have been wanting to do some paper piercing lately so here it is using the Just Sayin’ stamp set and the coordinating Eclectic Paper Piercing Pack. I also tried out the Flower Patch stamp set, the NEW Hearts Border Punch, and the Bordering Blooms stamp set. Have fun making your own version of this card!
Stamps: Just Sayin’ wood#133200 clear#133203
Flower Patch Photopolymer #134207 (Bundle with Framelits #136788)
Bordering Blooms Photopolymer #133660
Clear Mount Blocks: Block D
Ink: Mossy Meadow
Elegant Eggplant (I think)
Card Stock: Whisper White
Punch: Heart Border #133784
Paper Piercing Tools:
Paper Piercing Tool #126189
Paper Piercing Mat #126199
Eclectic Paper Piercing Pack #133778
Other: Tombow Glue
Silver Glitter #133756
1. Cut your Blackberry Bliss card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this video for step-by-step instructions on making card bases.
2. Cut your Whisper White card stock at 4″ x 5-1/2″. Use the Hearts Border Punch to punch along one of the 5-1/2″ edges. This becomes the top of your card front.
3. Now stamp your images.
~Stamp the Flower images: The larger one is stamped in Perfect Plum ink, the the second one uses Elegant Eggplant ink (I think).
~Stamp ‘Love Ya’ in Mossy Meadow ink.
~Stamp the leafy border in Mossy Meadow ink.
4. Place the Piercing Mat on your work surface, then your stamped card stock, then line up the piercing mat over the ‘Love Ya’ image. Hold the piercing mat in place while you pierce each hole around the image. This only takes a minute or two, depending on how quick you are.
5. Now to add your Glitter. Make thin lines with your Tombow Glue in the positions you want your Glitter. Sprinkle your Glitter over the flowers. Dump the excess back in the container. Set aside to dry for a while. It should dry in less than 30 minutes, although you may not want to put it in an envelope until the next day as the glue will remain tacky for a while.
6. If desired you can stamp you Leafy Border in Mossy Meadow ink on your envelope flap and, perhaps, along the bottom front of your card.
Happy Card Making and Paper Piercing!
Here is a bright card ready for Spring and Summer using the Floral Fusion Sizzlit, the Starburst Sayings Bundle, and the Arrows Embossing Folder. Enjoy!
Bundle: Starburst Saysings stamps & Framelits wood#134817 clear#134818
Ink: Melon Mambo
Card Stock: Pink Pirouette
Big Shot: Arrows Embossing Folder #132187
Floral Fusion Sizzlit #115969
Startburst Sayings Bundle stamps & Framelits (see above)
Other: Basic Pearls #119247
Tombow Glue or SNAIL Adhesive
1. Cut your Tempting Turquoise card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and Fold and 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Tempting Turquoise card front at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Run through your Big Shot using the Arrows embossing folder. Adhere to your card front.
3. Cut your Floral Fusion flowers using the Sizzlit and your Big Shot. Cut 2 sets from Melon Mambo card stock and 1 set from Pink Pirouette card stock. Slightly curl the petal of each flower with your Bone Folder. Flatten some of the curl out so the flower will lay more flat. Adhere some of the flowers together if desired using two flower sizes. Adhere with a Glue Dot or Tombow Glue. Add the desired size Pearl to the flower center.
4. Stamp the desired Starburst Sayings sentiment in Melon Mambo ink on Whisper White card stock. I used “Thank You So Much”. Cut your sentiment out with the coordinating Starburst Sayings Framelit.
5. Arrange your flowers and sentiment on the card front in the desired positions. Adhere the flowers with a couple of Glue Dots. Adhere your sentiment with Dimensionals.
6. Enjoy your bright and cheery card!