My parents came for a visit a couple of weeks ago. After sewing for 5 days, my Mom and I made cards together. Here is one she made using the Butterfly Basics stamp set.
Stamps: Butterfly Basics Wood #138813, Clear #138816, Photopolymer #137154
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento #132708
Markers: Rose Red
Card Stock: Whisper White
Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper Stack #140548 (6″ x 6″)
Big Shot: Lots of Labels Framelits #138281
Adhesives: Stampin’ Dimensionals
Fast Fuse OR SNAIL
1. Cut your Real Red card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Love Blossoms paper at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Attach to your card base.
3. Stamp your flower image on Whisper White card stock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink. Color with Markers. (I think she used the Rose Red and Wild Wasabi Marker colors.)
4. Take your colored image and put the Framelit around it in the position you want. Cut it out with your Big Shot. Cut the next larger Framelit from Real Red card stock. Attach the two layers together with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Attach these layers to your card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
5. Give to someone special to let them know you are thinking of them.
Happy Spring Card Making!
We made this pretty Easter card at my last Stamp Class. It has basic coloring with Markers. Some ladies used the back side of the patterned DSP for a more vibrantly colored card.
Stamps: Butterfly Basics Wood #138813, Clear #138816, Photopolymer #137154, MDS #138142, Libre Mariposa #138351, Simplement Papillon #138353
Teeny Tiny Wishes Wood #128748, Clear #127802, MDS #125766
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Markers: Crisp Cantaloupe
Card Stock: Whisper White
Flowerpot Designer Series Paper #133698
Big Shot: Ovals Collection Framelits #129381
Punches: Word Window #119857
Modern Label #119849
Other: Basic Pearls
Fast Fuse OR SNAIL Adhesive
1. Cut your Crisp Cantaloupe card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Choose the pattern of the Designer Series Paper you want and cut it at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Attach to card base with Fast Fuse OR SNAIL Adhesive.
3. Stamp your flower image on Whisper White card stock with black ink. NOTE: Use Memento Black ink with Photopolymer stamps. StayzOn will permanently make them black. Color the flowers with Markers. Due to the shading in the stamps only simple coloring is needed to make the flower look great!
4. Choose the desired Oval Framelit to cut out your flower. Yes, I cut off part of the stem. Choose the next larger Oval Framelit and use it to cut your Crisp Cantaloupe mat. Put Dimensionals on the back of both Ovals and layer them together.
5. Stamp Happy Easter in Black ink on Whisper White card stock. Punch out with the Word Window Punch. Punch the mat from Crisp Cantaloupe card stock using the Modern Label Punch. Attach your sentiment with Fast Fuse or SNAIL Adhesive. Put Dimensionals on the back. I usually use three half Dimensionals on the back of the Modern Label piece.
6. Lay out your Ovals and sentiment in the desired positions and then attach them.
7. Happy Easter!
Happy Easter Card Making!