I have really enjoyed using the Bloomin’ Heart Thinlit and the coordinating stamp set, Bloomin’ Love. This detailed Bloomin’ Heart Thinlit is quick and easy when you use the Big Shot Die Brush and your Bone Folder.
Stamps: Bloomin’ Love Photopolymer #140643 (Bundle with Bloomin’ Heart Thinlit #140818)
Ink: Rose Red/Lost Lagoon (Choose ink to coordinate or contrast with your paper)
Card Stock: Whisper White
Garden Green/Mossy Meadow
Designer Series Paper: Birthday Bouquet (striped) #140557
Perfectly Artistic #141021 (Sale-a-Bration product FREE through February 15, 2016 with $50 purchase)
Big Shot: Bloomin Heart Thinlit #140621 (see Bundle above)
Precision Base Plate
Big Shot Die Brush #140603
Tool: Gift Bag Punch Board #135862
Ribbon: Whisper White 5/8″ Satin #134549
Adhesives: Stampin’ Dimensionals
Tear & Tape Adhesive
1. Choose the green you want to cut with your Heart Thinlit.
2. Big Shot cutting sandwich: Magnetic OR Multipurpose Platform, Precision Base Plate, card stock, Thinlit with cutting side on card stock, FLAT cutting plate (this makes a huge difference!!). Run through your Big Shot at least once, twice if it didn’t cut all the way. If you can peel off around the Heart, then it cut all the way. If not, just stick down and run through again making sure everything is lined up properly.
3. Take your Thinlit and card stock and place them on the Big Shot Die Brush foam pad and firmly roll the Die Brush over the Heart Thinlit. You can run the Dir Brush over both sides if you need to. The goal is to get most of the excess card stock to separate from the rest of the card stock. When you get an edge so it peels up you can peel up the rest. If it is a little stubborn, you can slide your Bone Folder between the card stock and the Thinlit. This should separate the piece that you want from all the little pieces you don’t want.
4. Choose the ink color(s) for your Flowers. I used the solid ones from the stamp set. Pay attention to the little points on the stamps and put those so they face the same direction. These will help you line up the Flower Thinlits tabs so you can get the Thinlit lined up with the stamped image more quickly. You will need two large flowers and three small flowers. Stamp and cut out with your Big Shot.
5. Put Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of the flowers and on the back of the Heart in the flower area. Attach the Flowers to the Thinlit.
6. Cut your Designer Series Paper at 6″ x 12″. Make a Large Gift Bag. Watch This Video to show you how. Just make your score lines on the “L”. Punch holes on each line that is the side of the Back and Front. Skip the center pleat lines. Make sure and punch holes at both edges too.
7. Now attach your Heart Thinlit. You can hold a Clear E Block inside so you have a flat surface to press against while attaching your Heart. If you think ahead, you can do this when your bag is flat. The Bag Front has a pleated side on both sides. You score the Bag Back first.
8. Put in your treat or small gift now.
9. If you punched accurately, you can pinch your sides together and see all the way through the holes. This means you only have to thread your ribbon through holes on the left and then on the right (or reversed). If you are not so lucky, pinch the front half of the side together and thread the ribbon through, then the back half of the same side and thread the ribbon through. Repeat with the other side.
10. Pull your ribbon tight and tie a bow. Trim the ribbon ends. You can add a tag if you want. Your Bloon’ Heart Gift Bag is now ready to give to someone special.
Happy Heart Making!