Make this quick Easter Basket using the papers of your choice and the Berry Basket Bigz Die. The Carrot is also pretty quick and easy to make using the Pyramid Pals Thinlits Dies. Get out your Big Shot and have some fun today!
Stamps: Suite Sayings Wood # 140709, Clear #140712
Ink: Blackberry Bliss
Card Stock: Blackberry Bliss
Farmer’s Market Designer Series Paper #138448
Big Shot: Berry Basket Bigz L Die #137366
Pyramid Pals Thinlits Dies #140618
Deco Labels Framelits #130102
Punch: 1/8″ Handheld Circle #134365
Other: Antique Brads #117273
Honeycomb Embellishments #140566
Tear & Tape Adhesive
Watch this Video for basic instructions on putting the Basket together.
1. Cut your Blackberry Bliss at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and Farmer’s Market Designer Series Paper the same or just cut in half for a 6″ x 12″ paper.
2. Cut your papers using your Big Shot and the Berry Basket Die. You can cut two sheets of card stock at once, but only one sheet of Designer Series Paper at a time as the score lines will tear if you do two sheets.
3. Glue the Blackberry Bliss and Farmers Market pieces together for the Berry Basket main parts and the handle. Fold the score lines on the Berry Basket Parts. Decide if you want the patterned paper on the outside or the solid color on the outside. Lay the two Berry Basket parts together and put Tombow Glue or Tear & Tape to attach the bottom Basket Parts together.
4. Put Tear & Tape Adhesive on the outside top edges of each Berry Basket Side. Take the two Scallop Edge pieces. Fold on the score lines. Glue the small tabs to the edge of the other Scallop Edge piece to form a square. Attach each Scallop side to a Basket side centering the Basket side. Repeat on all four sides.
4a. This is the way I should have done it. Glue together a Blackberry Bliss and Farmers Market Straight Piece for the Handle. Punch a 1/8″ Circle in the center of two opposite sides and each end of the Handle. Attach to the Basket with the Antique Brads.
5. If desired, use the Patterned Scallop Pieces around the inside top of the Basket to cover the Brads.
6. Stamp the Easter Blessings in Blackberry Bliss ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut out with the Deco Label Framelit leaving some space above your Easter Blessings. Attach a Honeycomb Embellishment to the top of your Easter greeting with Glue Dots. Attach the Deco Label with to the front of your basket with either Fast Fuse, Tear & Tape, or Tombow Glue making sure the adhesive is only on the part attaching to the basket.
7. Fill with Easter Grass and goodies.
1. Cut out two Pyramid shapes from Tangelo Twist card stock. Fold all score lines the same way for each piece. Rotate the pieces over the bottom square so the plain triangles are opposite each other and the triangles with tabs are across from each other. I found it easier to use Tombow Glue to glue the tabs behind the plain triangles. Press firmly on the sides to make sure they stick together.
2. Cut a 2″ square of Cucumber Crush card stock. Add some Tear & Tape Adhesive along one edge. This will be the bottom. Use your Fringe Scissors to cut down to the Tear & Tape, but not past it. Cut into 1/2″ pieces. Attach to the center of your Carrot Top.
3. Add to your Easter Basket.