Have you wished Stampin’ Up! made Scallop Rectangle Framelits? You can make YOUR OWN Scallop Rectangles using your Layering Squares Framelits! It is EASY!! Watch this short video to learn how.
This Video is 4 minutes long.
Cardstock: Whisper White or your choice
Big Shot: Layering Squares Framelits #141708
Other: Paper Snips
NOTE: Use your Big Shot Platform with Thin Die Adapter (Or Multipurpose Platform with all tabs closed), and a top and bottom Cutting Plate to cut your Scallop Rectangle.
1. Cut your cardstock at least 3-1/2″ wide and 1/4″ longer than you want your Rectangle.
2. Put your Framelit on the cardstock close to the center of your Big Shot.
3. Make sure your cardstock and Scallop Square Framelit are lined up straight on your Big Shot Platform.
4. Leave at least 1/16″ cardstock showing between the Cutting Plate and the inside edge of your Framelit. Run through your Big Shot.
5. Trim off excess cardstock beside Scallop cuts.
6. Turn your Framelit upside down so you see the Scallop Cutting Edges. Place your partially cut Scallop cardstock on the Framelit lining up at least 2 Scallops on each side depending on how long you want your Scallop Rectangle to be.
7. Place Framelit and cardstock on Big Shot Platform and cutting plate with cardstock still lined up in the Framelit Scallops. Make sure the cardstock is lined up straignt. Cover the part of the cardstock you want cut with the top Cutting plate leaving a gap between the edge of the cutting plate and the inside edge of the Framelit. Run through your Big Shot. Take out your Scallop Rectangle and use on your project.
Would you like to learn more Techniques for using your paper crafting supplies? Check out the Creative Techniques Corner.