Make this fun Child’s Birthday Card for an Owl Lover. Owls are quite trendy with both children and adults. This card can be given to anyone who loves Owls. This Owl Card is going to my 3 year-old grandson.
Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners w#132022 c#126257
Ink: Bermuda Bay
Basic Black Marker
Card Stock: Bermuda Bay
Baked Brown Sugar
Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper #130145
Big Shot: Designer Frames #123130
Bitty Banner Framelits #129267
Punches: Owl #118074
1-1/4″ Scallop Circle #127811
Other: Fringe Scissors #133325
Paper Snips #103579
Simply Scored #122334
Baker’s Twine or Ribbon (I used some from the 2014 Sale-a-bration Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack #133522 FREE with a $50 purchase until March 31, 2014.)
Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Note: This card is going to a 3 year-old so I am adhering everything with Tombow Glue. You can use the adhesive of your choice.
1. Let’s put together our Owl first.
~Punch your Owl and 1-1/4″ Scallop Circle from Baked Brown Sugar card stock. Cut your Scallop Circle in half to use for the wings. Trim off the feet.
~Punch the lower part of the Owl body from Pumpkin Pie. You need just enough body to attach behind the Owl to allow the feet to stick out.
~Punch the Vest out of Gumball Green card stock. Use your Simply Scored Tool and score lines across the vest at 1/8″ intervals-every line. Glue onto Owl Body.
~Cut a small Pumpkin Pie triangle for your Owl Beak. Glue it on above the “V” in the vest.
~Punch two Whisper White eyes. I used the medium circles on the Owl Punch. Glue onto your Owl face, lapping over the Beak if necessary. Color the eyes with Black Marker so your Owl is looking in the direction you want him to.
~Now glue your wings to the back of your Owl in the desired position. (You can also wait and do this later if desired.)
2. Emboss your Designer Frame in Bermuda Bay card stock. Trim around the edges with Scissors or Paper Snips.
3. Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock at 1-7/16″ x 2″ and glue inside your Designer Frame.
4. Now let’s glue our Owl onto the Whisper White inside the Designer Frame. Add the wings now if you haven’t. You can also cut a Party Hat from the Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper for your Owl to wear.
5. Cut your Bermuda Bay card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Cut your Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper (I chose the Balloon design) at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Adhere the Balloon paper to the card base.
6. Cut a strip of 1″ x 5-1/2″ of Gumball Green. Use your Fringe Scissors to cut grass leaving about 1/4″ at the bottom that is not cut. I place the tips of my scissors about 1/4″ from the bottom, then cut. Put Sticky Strip along the back of the 1/4″ uncut grass. Since this card is going to a 3 year-old, I also put a strip of Sticky Strip on the card front so the upper edge was just lower than 1″ from the bottom edge so the grass will hopefully not break off. Adhere your grass to your card front.
7. Now stamp the desired sentiment from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set in Bermuda Bay ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut out the Banner with the large Bitty Banner Framelit. Then glue it onto a scrap of Bermuda Bay card stock and trim so there is about a 1/8″ Bermuda Bay border on your Banner.
8. Now lay your framed Owl and your Banner in the desired positions. Glue down the Frame first. Add your Baker’s Twine or Ribbon on top of your Owl’s Wing and glue it down so it goes to the back of your Banner. Glue your Banner down. Ooops! My Banner sticks off the card a little. 🙂
Happy Owl Making!