This is the Celebrate Gold Shaker Card I made for my birthday. I really wanted to use the gold flakes and the gold Bundle of Love DSP.
Cardstock: Bundle of Love Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP)#144143
Thick Very Vanilla
Window Sheet #142314
Big Shot: Celebrate You Thinlits #146840
Sweetheart Embossing Folder #143705
Sweet & Sassy Framelits #141707
Embellishments: Gold Glitter Flakes #146816
Adhesives: Fast Fuse or SNAIL
Foam Adhesive Strips #141825
1. Cut your Thick Very Vanilla card base at 5-12″ x 8-1/2″. SCORE and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your patterned paper at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Run through your Big Shot with the Sweethear embossing folder. Use the coordinating Sweet & Sassy Heart Framelit to cut out the center heart. While at your Big Shot, cut out the Celebrate from Elegant Eggplant cardstock. Glue onto the bottom of the DSP.
3. Cut a Window Sheet at 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″. Attach to the back of your DSP Heart cut out with SNAIL around all four sides.
4. Attach Foam Adhesive Strips on the DSP back about 1/8″ from the edge of the Heart cut out. Make sure there are NO gaps in the Foam Adhesive Strip otherwise the Gold Flakes will escape and get everywhere! Also put the Foam Adhesive Strips around the edge of the card.
NOTE: If you do not want the Gold Glitter Flakes to stick to the inside of the Foam Adhesive Strips, either run your fingers along the adhesive sides or run your Embossing Buddy along the sides to remove the sticky there. I personally like the Gold around the Heart edges so I didn’t do this.
5. Lay your DSP on your card base to determine where to put your pile of Gold Glitter Flakes. Remove the DSP. Put your Gold Glitter Flakes on the card base in the center of where the Heart will cover. Remove the Adhesive backing and put on your card base. Press firmly. Now you can “test” out to see if the Shaker Card works. 🙂
Your card is finished.
6. Envelope options: Use the Embossing folder on the envelope flap.
Get all your Birthday Card Making supplies from My Online Store.