The July Picnic Paradise Paper Pumpkin Kit is super cute and fun to make. I will admit that I was intimidated by all the pieces and the vague instructions. I watched the official video, but they went way too fast for me to figure out how to actually make the projects. I figured if my 7-year-old granddaughter could make it, so could I !! So here are some detailed instructions. It was easier than I thought!
I did use SNAIL instead of the Kit Glue Dots. I also used my Blueberry Bushel ink pad and some paper snips.
1. Get the Basket Parts: Basket Base, Basket Handle Sheet, Long Brim Sticker Sheet, Short Brim Sticker Sheet, and the bag of Brads.
2. Fold the score lines on the Basket Base. You can choose to have the brown side showing or the white side showing. I chose to have the brown side showing. My granddaughter chose the white side.
3. Punch out one Handle piece. Remove the punched holes with something small like a Paper Piercing Tool. I used the tip of my Paper Snips after bending the handle piece when using my fingers.
4. Put together half of your Basket.
~Now peel off one of the Long Brim Stickers.
~Put the brad through the hole of the Long Brim Sticker, then through one of the Handle Holes.
~Bend the Brad tabs flat.
~Straighten your Handle and trim the end even with the Long Brim Sticker.
~Fold the score lines on the Long Brim Sticker.
~Match up the Long Brim Sticker fold with one wide Basket Brim end.
~Lightly position the Long Brim Sticker between the score lines with the Basket Wide Brim.
~Make sure the top of the sticker lines up with the top of the Basket brim. Smooth down the Sticker.
~Now match the Basket Brim edges with the Sticker flaps, making sure the top is even.
~Repeat with the other Basket Brim side.
~Cover the side brim stickers with the seam in the middle with the Short Brim Sticker.
5. Repeat Step 4 using one more Long Brim Sticker, one more Short Brim Sticker, one more Brad, and the Handle piece already attached to the other side of your basket.
Wahoo!!! Your Basket is assembled!!
6. Choose a piece of the Gingham Tissue Paper making sure you only have one layer. Keep it folded in half and slide it under your Basket Handle. Press the center of the Gingham Tissue Paper to the center of the Basket bottom. Fold each Tissue Paper corner over the Basket corner next to it. Work with it until you like it.
7. Choose which Large Tag color you want. Stamp your sentiment and lines or other images on your tag. Tie the Tag to the Handle with the White Baker’s Twine from the Kit.
8. Fill with some goodies or treats to give away.
1. Choose a card base and fold the score line. Also, punch out a small square of the pale Gingham Vellum Square, a small white tag, and your fruit: 1 Apple, 2 Strawberries, 3 Blueberries. Also, get your Leaf Sticker Sheet.
2. Attach the Gingham Vellum Square to the card front.
3. Stamp the Stitch Lines on the card base around the Gingham Vellum.
4. Attach the Fruit on the Gingham Vellum.
5. Wrap 24″ of Baker’s Twine around the card front. Tie in a bow. I moved the Baker’s Twine “X” close to the bow.
6. Stamp your sentiment on the small White Tag. Add 3 Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back and attach to your card front.
Your Card is finished!!
Complete the rest of your Baskets and Cards. Or use the supplies to make other cards and projects.
Subscribe to get your OWN Paper Pumpkin Kit in the mail every month! Subscribe before August 10th, use the Promo Code of BLOOM0818 and get 50% off your first month’s Kit! First month’s Kit will be about $9.96 + your local tax. Following months will be $19.95 + local tax. Shipping is included in the price.