Here is a Blossom Box. I knew I wanted to make this when I first saw it in the catalog. It does need to be made with regular Designer Series Paper-not cardstock or Specialty Designer Series Paper. The regular DSP folds so much more precisely which means the box looks much better.
Designer Series Paper (DSP): Christmas Cocoa (retired)
Big Shot: Blossom Box Bigz L die page 221 #123127
Standard Premium Crease Pad page 215 #113476
1/2 sheet cardstock to use under the die in the Big Shot
Bone Folder page 207 #102300
Sticky Strip page 206 #104294
1. Cut your piece of DSP in half (two: 6″x12″ pieces).
2. Big Shot Sandwich: Acrylic cutting pad, 1/2 sheet cardstock, Blossom Box die, your choice of DSP with the side you want on the outside face down, Standard Premium Crease Pad. Run through Big Shot. Repeat with the second piece of DSP.
3. Trim the tabs off one of the Blossom Box pieces.
4. This is the step that makes your box easier to fold. Use your Bone Folder to firmly crease all the score lines in the following order: center circle which will form the box bottom, middle circle which will form the box top, the straight lines that run from the center circle to the indents on the outside edge, the two part lines that form “v” shapes in the DSP-these will form the Blossom Fold at the top of the box-be accurate! Recrease the Center and Middle circles.
5. Attach Sticky Strip to the tabs. Peel off the red part, then cut out the “V” shapes in the tab. Line up the center circles and adhere. Crease the score lines along the tab again.
6. Now to turn this into a working Blossom Box! Hold the Blossom Box in the palm of your hand. Try to hold up four sides using your fingers. Now start folding the straight and the “V” lines like a fan going all around the edges of the box until you have folded all of them. If a score line doesn’t fold properly, use your bone folder to make a better crease and try again.
7. Heave a sigh of relief! Admire your beautiful Blossom Box!!
This is a really cute punch art card. It does take a while to make, but it is worth it! Email me if you would like the supply list and directions. My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org .
A fun little treat box dressed up with a Scallop Trim Border Punch belly band.
Stamps: Sunny Fun Summer Mini #123040
Card Stock: Daffodil Delight page 177 #119683
Whisper White page 180 #100730
Markers: Marina Mist page 178 #119679
Cherry Cobbler page 179 #119681
Garden Green page179 #100080
Tempting Turquoise page 177 #100058
Punch: Scallop Trim Border punch page 211 #118402
Big Shot: Box #2 die page 221 #114518
1. Cut Daffodil Delight card stock 6″x11″. Run through Big Shot using Box #2 die. Score and fold, but do not assemble yet.
2. Cut Whisper White card stock 1-3/4″ x 11″. Use the Scallop Trim punch on both 11″ sides. Adhere to flat box. Fold on score lines.
3. Color 4 pairs of the Flip-Flops with Markers. Remoisten with your breath then stamp on the front side of the Scallop Trim punched Whisper White card stock. Stamp the sentiment if desired.
4. Put sticky strip on the tab at the side. Adhere box together at Tab. Fold up bottom flaps in this order: indented, sides, tabbed flap.
5. Fill with treats or small gift.
6. Admire the fun box you have just made!
I have seen a lot of metal used with the Big Shot Bigz dies. So…. I decided to try it out. The samples I saw were made of soda cans, mine is made out of a V-8 Fusion can. They are quick and easy to make!!
Big Shot: Flower, Daisies #2 page 222 #114520 (Any Bigz die will cut thin metal)
Other: Craft & Rubber Scissors page 208 #103179 OR tin snips
Adhesive: Sticky Strip, Glue dots, or metal glue
1. Drink whatever is in your can. Rinse out and let it dry.
2. Use your Craft & Rubber Scissors or tin snips to cut the can. I started at the hole on top and cut through the top and down the side. Be careful because the metal can cut you! Cut around the bottom of the can and then around the top of the can so you metal piece becomes a rectangle.
3. Lay your metal rectangle on your Bigz die with the side facing down that you want to see.
4. Run it through your Big Shot just like you would cardstock.
4a. Optional step: If you want to add some texture to your metal, run the cut pieces through the Big Shot using an embossing folder. I didn’t do that here, but thought it was worth mentioning.
5. Adhere the flower parts together. I used the silver side of the largest circle for the center of my flower. You can add a pin back if you want to using cardstock on the back or you can use the leftover metal to cut more circles with your Big Shot and die. Notice the metal parts are no longer sharp.
6. Enjoy your metal creation!
STAMPIN’ UP! PROMOTIONS FOR AUGUST
Buy 3 Get 1 Free – Designers Series Paper (not shoes). August 1-31. Choose any of the Designer Series Papers from the New Idea Book & Catalog, and/or the Summer Mini Catalog.
Strength & Hope Campaign ends August 31. Buy the Strength & Hope Stamp set wood#118100 clear#123660, or the Strength & Hope Digital Kit #124475 AND Stampin’ Up! will donate $2 for each to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Ask me if you would like to see either of them.
Summer Mini Catalog ends August 31.
Holiday Mini Catalog starts September 1 – January 3, 2012. Lots of new fun stamps, papers, dies, ribbons, and more. If I have your street address your copy will arrive towards the end of August. If I don’t have your street address and you want a copy, please email me: email@example.com
TWO OF MY FAVORITE STAMPERS
Deborah and Rachel made these beautiful cards for me. I appreciate all of the wonderful items they have made for me!!! This time they have been using up their stash. That sounds like something I need to work on!
Several of my friends have children getting married-some in the recent past and 2 this weekend. So I have made some wedding cards.
Papers & Cardstock:
Whisper White page 180 #100730
Cardbase: 8-1/2″x5-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″; Card Front: 5-1/4″x4″;
scrap for sentiment which is punched with Petal Card Double Punch
Brushed Silver page 181 #100712 cut at 4-1/4″x5-1/2″
Cherry Cobbler page 179 #119685 scrap to be punched
with Decorative Label Punch
Red Glimmer paper page 181 #121790 Small Heart punch
Cherry Cobbler page 179 #119681
Basic Black page 180 #100082
Ink: VersaMark page 203 #102283
Petal Card Double Punch page 212 #119273
Decorative Label punch page 209 #120907
Small Heart punch page 210 #117193
Vintage Wall Embossing Folder page 219 #120175
Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder page 201 #101930
Heat Tool page 201 #100005
5/8″ White Organza Ribbon page 195 #114319
Snail page 206 #104332 Refill #104331
Dimensionals page 206 #104430
1. Cut Whisper White card front. Run through Big Shot using Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.
2. Lightly tap VersaMark ink pad on the raised areas of the embossed Whisper White. Don’t worry if you get some on the lower areas. Cover with Iridescent Ice Embossing powder. Set with Heat tool. Test to make sure all the embossing powder is melted.
3. Wrap Organza Ribbon aound card front. Tie a knot. Slide to the position you like. Trim ribbon ends.
4. Put Snail gently on the back of the card front so you don’t unemboss it. Attach to Brushed Silver mat. Attach to cardbase.
5. Punch out Card Petal Double punch with Whisper White cardstock. Ink stamp with markers using Cherry Cobbler on the word “Love” and Basic Black on the rest of the words. Breathe on the stamp to remoisten the ink and stamp image. Trim the extra flaps from the Petal Card punched shape.
6. Use the Decorative Label Punch on the Cherry Cobbler cardstock. Attach stamped image with Snail. Punch out the Small Heart from the Red Glimmer paper. Attach it to stamped image with a Dimensional.
7. Put Dimensionals on the back of your stamped and punched label and attach as desired to card front.
8. Admire your card.
Here is a cute little Matchbox Candy Holder that I gave with the Flowers in Daffodil and Pear card. It holds 4 Hersey Miniature Candy bars or 4 Hersey Nuggets. Yum Yum!
Sorry for the blurry picture.
Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes (Hostess) page 10 w#122615 c#122617
Ink: Old Olive
Big Shot: Matchbox Bigz XL die page 221 #114890
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight (for the box) page 177 #119683
Pear Pizzazz (for the cover) page 176 #119793
A fun digital card I emailed to my neice for her birthday yesterday. It was quick and easy.
Here is a fun Birthday card I made. It reminds me of Spring flowers during this hot summer weather.
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes page 157 #114370 wood only
Big Shot: Movers & Shapers Curly Label XL Bigz die page 221 #114506
Movers & Shapers Punch Windows page 221 #115953 (large scallop oval
Flower Garden Textured Impression Embossing Folder
Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die page 221 #120893
Punches: Scallop Oval Punch page 210 #119856
Scallop Edge Border Punch page 210-211 #119882
Markers: Daffodil Delight page 177 #19677
Pear Pizzazz page 176 #123001
Ribbon: 1/8″ Daffodil Delight Taffeta ribbon page 195 #119254
Ink: Old Olive page 177 #119693
Card Stock: Pear Pizzazz page 176 #119795
Daffodil Delight page 177 #119683
Whisper White page 180 #100730
1. Daffodil Delight card base: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
2. Whisper White card front: 5-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ Use Scallop Edge Border Punch along one 5-1/4″ edge. Then position Flower Garden Embossing Folder on card front and run through Big Shot. Color the raised edges of the flowers with the side of the brush tip of the Daffodil Delight marker. Color the stems with the Pear Pizzazz marker in the same manner.
3. Using the Movers & Shapers platform and the Scallop Oval from the Movers & Shapers Punch Windows, cut a scallop oval out with Pear Pizzazz (2-1/2″ x1-1/2″ scrap) card stock.
4. Cut a 3/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Pear Pizzazz using the Tasteful Trim die. Adhere to card front. Cut a 5-1/8″ piece of the Daffodil Delight 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon. Cut one end to form a tip. Glue to Pear Pizzazz Tasteful Trim piece.
5. Punch a Scallop Oval out of Daffodil Delight cardstock. Stamp “Happy Birthday” or other greeting with the “Teeny Tiny Wishes” in Old Olive ink. Adhere the Daffodil Delight Scalloped Oval to the Pear Pizzazz Scallop Ovla with Snail. Place Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of Pear Pizzazz Scallop Oval. Position Scallop Ovals over the Tasteful Trim and Ribbon piece.
6. Adhere your embossed and decorated Card Front to Daffodil Delight Card Base.
Admire your beautiful Creation!
Here is a Telescoping Card I made using some of the new 2011-2013 In Colors.
Stamps: Flower Fest, Swirls & Curls Verses (Summer mini), Something to Celebrate (retired Occasions mini)
Island Indigo (for Scallop Squares), Naturals White cut: 2 or 3 at
3-1/2″ square (the 3rd large square can go on the back of the large
scallop square for a note/money pocket) and 1 at 2-1/2″ square
Basic Black, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Perfect Plum (Next time I
will use Elegant Eggplant so I can line it with Wisteria Wonder),
Markers: Pool Party, Pink Pirouette, Wisteria Wonder
Big Shot dies: Bigz Clear Large Scallop Square, Bigz Scallop Square Duo
Embellishments: Silver Brads
I was inspired by this card and video but wanted to try a square version: http://dostamping.typepad.com/dostamping_with_dawn/2011/05/wow-card-telescoping-circles-video-big-shot-dawn-dostamping-stampin-up.html