I taught a Mother’s Day card class Thursday for the 8-11 year old Achievement Day girls from Church. They each received a packet for a Melon Mambo card and a Perfect Plum card. Here are the samples using the Petal Potpourri Bundle (stamp set and punch). They had a fun time being creative and did well with cleaning their stamps when they were done using them. I did explain they were using “Grown-up Glue” and that they did not need to use very much. We only had two girls that forgot. Hopefully their mothers can open their cards.
Bundle (stamp set and punch): Petal Potpourri Wood #138876, Clear #138877
And Many More Wood #134273, Clear #134276
You Plus Me Wood #137133, Clear #138594
Ink: Melon Mambo
(Blackberry Bliss was also available for the girls to use)
Card Stock: Melon Mambo
Silver Glimmer Paper #135314
Big Shot Embossing Folder: Decorative Dots #133520
(There were also several other embossing folders to choose from)
Punches: Word Window #119857
Note Tag #135860
3/4″ Circle #119873
Other: Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue
1. Card stock. Choose your colors. A. Perfect Plum and Whisper White, OR B. Melon Mambo and Pink Pirouette. OR C. Choose your own color combination.
~card base cut at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
~card front for use with embossing folder is cut at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″.
~Pink Pirouette and Whisper White for stamping and Punching.
~Silver Glimmer Paper. Punch a 3/4″ circle for each flower center if desired.
2. Run your card front through the Big Shot with an embossing folder if desired. Glue to your card base.
3. Stamp the flowers and the sentiment. Punch them out. Glue them on your card in the desired positions. Glue your Silver Glimmer Paper circles to the Flower centers if desired.
Happy Mother’s Day Card Making!
I made this Valentine card for my family. It was fairly quick and easy to make multiples. I did vary the ribbon colors using Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding and Cherry Cobbler 3/4″ Chevron Ribbon. I did get them ALL mailed yesterday!!
Stamps: You Plus Me Wood #137133, clear # 138594
Good Greetings (retired)
Ink: Real Red
Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler
Red Glimmer Paper
Big Shot: Top Note die 113463
Happy Heart embossing folder #137364
Punch: Sweetheart #133786
Other: Cherry Cobbler 3/4″ Chevron Ribbon OR Seam Binding Ribbon
1. Cut your Cherry Cobbler card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this video for detailed instructions.
2. Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Cut a piece of Real Red card stock at 2-1/2″ x 4-1/4″. Run through the Big Shot with the Happy Hearts embossing folder making sure the Hearts will be going the direction you want them to. Glue to the end of your Whisper White card stock. Run this card stock through the Big Shot with your Top Note die with the side with the Real Red embossed piece touching the die.
3. Stamp your sentiments in Real Red ink.
4. Punch a Heart from Red Glimmer Paper and attach it with Dimensionals.
5. Tie the ribbon around the card over the Real Red Hearts.
6. Attach your Top Note die to your card base using Dimensionals. I used 9 whole Dimensionals in 3 rows: along both edges and down the center.
7. You might want to put a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White on the inside of your card to write on. Stamp if desired.
Happy Valentine’s Card Making!
We made this You Plus Me Valentine card at a women’s meeting at Church. The ladies (and a couple of daughters) had a lot of fun. Most of their cards turned out a little differently than mine, but they had fun and the cards were cute. I should have remembered to take a picture of some of their cards.
Stamps: You Plus Me wood #137133 clear #138594
Ink: Real Red
Card Stock: Real Red
Silver Glimmer Paper #135314
Big Shot: Top Note Bigz Die #113463
Happy Heart Embossing Folder #137364
Punches: 2-1/2″ Circle Punch #120906
1-3/4″ Circle Punch #119850
Extra Large Oval Punch #119859
Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (small Heart) #133787
1. Cut your Real Red card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut a piece of 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ Cherry Cobbler out with your Big Shot and the Top Note Die. Now run your Top Note die cut through the Big Shot with the Happy Hearts embossing folder. Attach your embossed die cut to your card base. You can use either Tombow or Dimensionals.
3. Stamp your desired images on Whisper White card stock with Real Red ink. Punch out the You + Me with the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch. Punch out the Be Mine with the Large Oval Punch. Also punch out a Whisper White 2-1/2″ Circle. Punch out a little Heart from the Silver Glimmer Paper.
4. Lay all pieces on your card front in the desired positions. Attach with either Tombow Glue or Dimensionals.
5. Some variations I saw: stamp some of the hearts around the “Be Mine” so there is not a lot of white showing, same idea for the large white circle. Add more Glimmer Hearts. Have fun with this stamp set and card!
Happy Valentine Card Making!
Do you like giving little treats or gifts to others? The Tiny Treat Boxes are the perfect size for a small treat or gift such as earrings or other small jewelry. They can easily be decorated for any occasion. These are decorated for Valentine’s Day or could be used for an Anniversary. They would also make great Party Favor Boxes.
BOX 1: YOU + ME
You Plus Me stamp set wood# 137133 clear#138594 Toi Plus Moi #138488 Tu Y Yo #138485
Real Red ink pad
BOX 2: BE MINE
You Plus Me stamp set (see above)
Real Red ink pad
Whisper White card stock
Paper Snips or scissors
Watercolor Wonder Washi Tape #133000
BOX 3: HEARTS
Silver or Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack #133787
Confetti Hearts Border Punch #137415
Real Red card stock 1-3/4″ x about 8-1/4″
Pink Pirouette card stock 1-1/4″ x about 8-1/4″
Fast Fuse adhesive OR Tombow Glue
Happy Gift Box Decorating!