I wanted to make a Sliding Flower card after making the Sliding Valentine Cards. This card follows the same steps as shown in the Sliding Valentine video. Enjoy making things slide!
Stamps: Petal Potpourri Wood #137141, Clear #138586 (Bundle with Flower Medallion Punch Wood #138876, Clear #138877)
Perpetual Calendar (leaves) Photopolymer #137167
Yippee Skippee Wood #131341, Clear #131344, MDS #134856
Petite Petals Wood #133152, Clear #133155
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Metallic Silver #132142
Card Stock: Elegant Eggplant
Punch: Hexagon #130919
Flower Medallion #137417 (Also see Bundles above)
Other: Silver 1/8″ Ribbon #132137
1. Watch this video for the basic instructions.
2. Card Stock measurements:
~Elegant Eggplant card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score at 1/4″ at one end and about 4-3/8″ from the other end. The end with the 1/4″ flap is the card front.
~Wisteria Wonder card front: 3-3/4″ x 5-1/4″
~Whisper White inside:3-3/4″ x 5″, and about 3/4″ x 3″
3. Stamp your Wisteria Wonder card front using the Petite Petals flower stamps and Elegant Eggplant ink. Also stamp the leaves from the Perpetual Calendar stamp set in Garden Green on your card front. Attach to your card front (the side with the tab) making sure it is going the direction you want. Cut down the center at about 2″ leaving 1″ uncut at the top and bottom. (See video.) Punch out the half Hexagon from the top of your card and save the punched piece for later.
4. Stamp your Petal Potpourri flower on Elegant Eggplant card stock with Silver Ink. Punch out. Put Dimensionals on the end of the 3/4″ x 3″ strip of Whisper White. Attach to the back of your punched flower. Slip the end of the Whisper White strip through the slit your cut. Open the card so you are now working on the inside. Position your flower as desired, and yes, the strip will most likely be crooked, but it doesn’t matter. Add Sticky Strip to the Whisper White Strip leaving about 1/4″ space between the end of the Sticky Strip and the slit. Remove Sticky Strip backing. Center the 3-3/4″ x 5″ Whisper White piece and align with the top of your card. Press down on the area with the Sticky Strip.
5. Add Sticky Strip to the 1/4″ side tab and gently close, making sure the edges of the card stock are even so the Sticky Strip is all inside the card. Some cards are slightly rounded which makes the inside slide easier. However, it really annoys some people to have a card that is not flat. Use a Bone Folder to flatten out your card if desired.
6. Line up the Whisper White inside with the card front. Glue on the half Hexagon punched shape to the Whisper White in the punched space so it fits perfectly. Hold glued shaped for a few seconds. Pull open the card. Cut about 2-3″ of Silver Ribbon. Fold into a “V” shape. Hold in the position you want. (I hold it with my fingernail.) Use the Stapler to attach the Ribbon.
7. Now pull open the Whisper White as far as you can. Stamp or write on the inside. I stamped the Yippee Skippee Awesome Thanks in Elegant Eggplant in the center and surrounded it with the small leaves stamped in Garden Green.
8. Now make your flower slide up and down several times just to have some fun!
Happy Sliding Card Making!