You can now order from the NEW 2017 Occasions Catalog and earn 1 FREE Sale-a-bration product for every $50 of products you buy! The Flowered paper is one of the Sale-a-braton choices. I colored it with the NEW Watercolor Pencils and an Aqua Painter.
Watercolor Pencils #141709
Inside the Lines Paper #143830 (Sale-a-bration Product)
Watermelon Wonder card base
Aqua Painter #103954
Tear & Tape
1. Cut your Watermelon Wonder card stock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Decide which way you want your flower patter to go and cut at 4″ x 5-1/4″.
3. Color with your Watercolor Pencils:
~Flower Petals-Real Red. Color darker by the center and where the petals meet.
~Flower Centers-Daffodil Delight. Add a little Early Espresso in the very center.
~Large Leaves and stems-Old Olive
~Small Leaves-Old Olive and Daffodil Delight
~Bee & wings-Daffodil Delight (I didn’t use the Aqua Painter here.
4. Gently color each item except the bee using your Aqua Painter. Make sure your brush tip is wet, but do NOT squeeze more water out as you paint as this paper does warp and wrinkle more with more water used. Clean the brush tip before you move onto a different color.
5. Let dry. It does dry pretty quickly, but I did not time how long it took.
6. Now go back and add some shading to the flower petals and large leaves. I did use the Aqua Painter on the leaves, but not on the flowers this second time.
7. Let dry again.
8. Flatten out your paper with your Bone Folder. Add Tear & Tape around all four sides. Center your paper and use your Bone Folder to help it lay flat on your card base.
9. You can add a greeting if you want, but I liked mine without one.
Here is a sneak peek using NEW products from both the 2017 Occasions Catalog and the 2017 Sale-a-bration Catalog. Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper is great for coloring using the NEW Watercolor Pencils and an Aqua Painter. The Catalog pdfs will be posted on my blog on January 4, 2017 per Stampin’ Up! Rules.
*=2017 Occasions Catalog January 4-May 31, 2017
**=2017 Sale-a-bration Catalog January 4-March 31, 2017
*Watercolor Pencils #141709
**Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper #143830
Aqua Painter #103594
Old Olive card stock
Tear & Tape Adhesive #138995
1. Cut your Inside the Lines paper at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Make sure the design is going the direction you want for your Landscape or Portrait card.
2. Use the Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, and Early Espresso Watercolor Pencils to color the leaves. Choose any colors you want depending on the paper you chose.
~Large Dark Green Leaves: Old Olive Watercolor Pencil. Color really dark around the edges of each leaf. Color the center of each leaf so there is very little white paper showing through. Color the center vein Daffodil Delight.
~Rest of Leaves: Color with both the Daffodil Delight and Old Olive Watercolor Pencils in varying shades of the Daffodil Delight and Old Olive. Some I colored with the Daffodil first, others with the Old Olive first, then layered the other color on top.
~Tree Trunks: Early Espresso Watercolor Pencil
3. Color each leaf and tree trunk with your Aqua Painter using just the wet brush tip without squeezing much while you are coloring. Clean your brush tip when changing to a different color.
NOTE: You can use a Blender Pen instead of the Aqua Painter. You can also just leave the Watercolor Pencil coloring alone without doing anything to it.
4. Let dry.
5. Straighten out the paper with your Bone Folder.
6. Cut your Old Olive card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
7. Put Tear & Tape on the back of your watercolored paper. Attach paper to card base.