Do you get frustrated after spending time stamping and coloring your image only to have the die slip in your Big Shot so your beautiful image is ruined? Try out this Magical Stamp & Die Cut Technique! You will be much happier with the results. So grab your Stamp-a-ma-jig and test it out! I have tried this with my Stampapratus, and it is easier to get great results with the Stamp-a-ma-jig. The Castle Card with the images shown will be posted on Friday.
This video is 6-1/2 minutes long.
TIPS: Stamp-a-ma-jig #101049
Magical Day: Bundle=Stamps + Framelits: Wood Mount Bundle #145984, Clear Mount Bundle #145985, Wood Mount Stamps #145854, Clear Mount Stamps #145857, Magical Mates Framelits #145660
1. Cut your images from a piece of medium to darker colored cardstock to make you Template. Colored cardstock shows the Whisper White images you will be stamping much better. 2. Stamp on the smooth side of your Imaging Sheet. Use ONLY Memento Tuxedo Black and Classic Stampin’ Pads. Archival and StazOn inks will stain and damage your Imaging Sheet. 3. Remember to position the Imaging Sheet right in the corner of the T-Handle with the sides also lined up. Sometimes part of the Imaging Sheet may sneak under the T-Handle. Make sure to correct this before you stamp. 4. Put your stamp block (wood or clear) firmly in the corner of the T-Handle, lining up the sides. Stamp straight down, then pull straight up to get a good image. Your stamping on the Imaging Sheet does not have to be perfect. 5. It helps to ink your stamp, lay it on the ink pad, then position your Imaging Sheet and your T-Handle over the Whisper White die cut. Without moving the T-Handle, remove the Imaging Sheet, position your stamp in the T-Handle, then stamp straight down. Smaller die cuts may stick to the stamp. Just gently peel them off.
Get Your Stamp-a-ma-jig, Stamps, and Framelits from My Online Store.
INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Cut your Blushing Bride card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. 2. Stamp My Valentine in Real Red ink on Whisper White cardstock. 3. Go to your Big Shot:
~Cut out My Valentine with an Oval Stitched Shape Framelit.
~Cut out the Heart from Real Red cardstock. Remove the excess pieces with either the Big Shot Die Brush or a Piercing Tool or a toothpick.
~Cut from Whisper White cardstock: 2 large flowers and three small flowers using the Flower dies in the Bloomin’ Heart Thinlits. Save the Whisper White cardstock you cut them from. 4. Back at your table….. Get your Stamp-a-ma-jig Imaging Sheet and T-Handle. Stamp the large flower in one corner and the small flower in another corner.
~Use a marker to color the Whisper White cardstock you cut the flowers from. Color around the cut out flower images. This will make it easier to see your White Flowers.
~Put your Flowers back in their holes. Use your Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the flower stamp with the die cut. Remove the imaging sheet and stamp with Real Red ink. Repeat with the remaining flowers.
~Glue the Flowers onto the Heart over the coordinating size flower part. You could also attach the Flowers with Stampin’ Dimensionals if desired. 5. Lay out the Heart and the Oval in the desired positions on your card base.
~Use Tombow Glue to attach the Heart.
~Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach the Oval Sentiment.
Get your all-occasion Card Making supplies from My Online Store. If you order from me I will email you a FREE Tutorial!
Use the Party Pandas Level 1 Sale-a-bration stamp set to make this card. It uses few supplies and is FUN to make. Wish I was up there playing in the trees! SUPPLIES: Stamps: Party Pandas Wood Mount #147218, Clear Mount #147221 EARN FREE with $50 purchase!
Ink: Memento Black
Real Red Marker or Marker color of your choice Cardstock: Whisper White
Color Theory 6×6 Designer Series Paper Stack #144193 Big Shot:Everyday Jars Framelits #141490 or Leaves of your choice Tools: Stamp-a-ma-jig #101049 OR Stamparatus
Adhesive: Tombow Glue
INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Cut your Whisper White card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. 2. Stamp your Pandas on Whisper White cardstock with Black ink. Cut them out.
~Wood Mounted: Use with the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get each Panda a solid black color. ~Clear Mount: Place your 3 pandas on either a large clear block and stamp with the Stamp-a-ma-jig or on a Stamparatus clear panel as you will need to stamp each one twice to get the solid black color. (At least I did.) 3. Cut 3-5 strips of the Old Olive Color Theory paper from 1/8″ to 3/8″ wide. These will be your Bamboo stalks. The 3/8″ will just fit between the bear paws holding the envelope. 4. Cut up to 12 of the long stem leaves from the Everyday Jars Framelits. I used 12 and trimmed off the long stems so the leaves would just fit under the Bamboo Stalks. You can trim the two branches apart if desired. In hindsight, I probably used too many leaves. This is a much busier card than I usually make. 5. Lay your Pandas, Bamboo Stalks, and Leaves on the card front. Glue down from left to right, back to front. This will be messy. Work on your Silicone Craft Sheet to prevent Glue getting on everything. Trim off the excess Bamboo Stalks and leaves around your card.
Your Card is finished!
I use my Stamp-a-ma-jig quite a bit to perfectly position my sentiments and Two-Step stamps. It can seem tricky to use, but after trying it out a couple of times you will get results like a Pro! Have fun using your Stamp-a-ma-jig to help you make this card.
On a personal note: I seem to have too many irons in too many fires lately. I may not be able to continue to do a video every week. I will still try to do a couple of videos a week. I know I am a visual learner and it is easier for me when I see something done. I have been working at the Family History Center more (almost every week)-which is fun too and I have a more demanding calling in my Church. As a result it has been harder to keep up with my home and family. I will still continue to post projects at least 3 days a week and the My Digital Studio downloads on Tuesday.
1. Stamp images using your Stamp-a-ma-jig as shown in the video making sure to leave enough room around the edges for the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder.
2. Use your Big Shot and the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder to make a frame around your stamped images
3. Get your card base ready: Wisteria Wonder card stock cut at 5-12″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Put SNAIL around the edges of your card front. Adhere your stamped and embossed card layer.
4. Admire your perfectly stamped card!
Happy Stamp-a-ma-jigging! Nendy
Search Nendy’s Site
Sign up for my Newsletter
Current Stampin’ Up! Catalogs
Get your OWN Paper Pumpkin monthly Craft Kit!
Everything on the Blog and Website is made by me, Nendy Kerr, unless stated otherwise. Stampin’ Up! does not endorse the content on these pages. Thank you for visiting!