This was a fun card to make! It was also pretty simple.
Stamps: Serene snowflakes page 36 w#115438
All Holidays (oops, I didn’t realize this retired!) or Sentiment of choice
Card Stock: Whisper White 4″ x 5-1/4″ card front
Marina Mist card base 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
Ink: Marina Mist
Punches: variety of circle punches
Other: Window Sheet page 216 #114323
Mica Flakes (Holiday Mini) page 21 #124115
Shaker Frames (Holiday Mini) page 38 #124155
1. I would recommend stamping the sentiment first on your Whisper White card front so you know it will fit. Stamp it in Elegant Eggplant.
2. Stamp snowflakes in desired colors and positions. Keep some closer to the edge so you can punch them out. Also stamp the snowflakes you want to punch out on a scrap of Whisper White card stock.
3. Punch out the desired snowflake on your card front using a punch that will just be at the inner edge of the desired shaker frame. Punch a circle from the window sheet in the next larger circle punch. Adhere over the punched circle hole with Snail.
4. Put the shaker Frame around the punched out circle on top of the window sheet. DO NOT peel off the paper around the top just yet. Put desired amount of Mica Flakes inside the Shaker Frame.
5. Punch the extra coordinating stamped snowflake in this larger circle also (Use the same punch you used for your window sheet). Remove the paper from the Shaker Frame top and put the matching snowflake circle over the Shaker Frame trying to match up the designs. This takes a special technique of crinking your neck under the card so you can match up the snowflake while trying not to spill Mica flakes all over the place.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 with desired snowflakes.
7. Cut the center circle Shaker Frame into four triangle shapes. Use these instead of Dimensionals and place at the corners of your card front. Center and adhere to Marina Mist card base.
8. Shake or rotate your card and watch the sparkly Mica Flakes move!
This cute snowflake card uses a Shaker Frame filled with Mica Flakes from the Holiday Mini catalog. It can be used for any winter occasion such as a birthday card just by changing the sentiment. At my class yesterday, class members used varying shades of blues. (Note: You only need the layer where the “Happy Birthday” is stamped if you make a mistake you need to cover up! hee hee!)
Stamps: Desired sentiment stamp. I used Bring on the Cake page 66 w#121899 c#121958
Card Stock: Whisper White 4-1/2” x 11”
Ink & Marker: Pool Party or desired color
Big Shot: Top Note die page 222 #113463
Northern Flurry embossing folder page 219 #120902
Punches: 1-1/4” Circle
Other: Shaker Frames (Holiday Mini) page 30 #124155
Mica Flakes (Holiday Mini) page 21 #124115
Window Sheet page 216 #114323
1. Big Shot. Place Whisper White card stock on Top Note die with the wide part of the die along the width of the cardstock. Make sure card stock is between the two white dots on the die and that the cutting marks on both sides are covered. Place on top of bottom cutting pad on the Big Shot. Position top cutting pad so it only covers the Top Note die at the top end of your paper; align cutting pad with black lines on the gray sides of the die. Run through Big Shot. Crease along score line that was made. Fold in opposite end and crease. You now have a tri-fold card.
2. Big Shot. Position embossing folder so the largest snowflake is on the side away from the Top Note edge. To make Big Shot sandwich: Multipurpose platform with tab 1 flopped open, bottom cutting pad, embossing folder with cardstock inside, top cutting pad. Run through Big Shot. Run a small piece of Whisper White card stock positioned in the embossing folder so it covers the center of the largest snowflake. Run through Big Shot.
3. Color the raised part of the snowflakes with the Pool Party marker. Color along the Top Note edge up to the perforated lines. Also color the small piece of embossed snowflake.
4. Choose the Shaker Frame that is 4th from the outside and pry it out with the Piercing Tool or scissor tips. Place in center of largest snowflake. Add Mica Flakes by pinching them and adding them inside frame. Punch window sheet with 1-1/4” Circle punch. Peel top paper layer off shaker frame and add window sheet circle.
5. Punch small piece of embossed snowflake: 1st with 1″ circle punch. 2nd-Center 1-1/4″ Circle punch over smaller punched circle so you end up with a donut-with-a-hole piece of card stock. Adhere with Tombow glue or Snail. Position over your Shaker Frame and window sheet.
6. Stamp sentiment on Top Note flap. You are done!