This week’s posts will feature the Botanical Gardens Bundle and the coordinating Sale-a-bration Botanical Vellum Stack. I hope you have as much fun with this Bundle as I have. It has been very easy to be creative. I will throw in a post on Thursday for St. Patrick’s Day that does not use the Bundle though. We are making these cards for my Botanical Blooms Class this Friday.
Botanical Blooms Bundle #140819 includes Botanical Blooms Photopolymer stamp set, Botanical Gardens Designer Series Paper AND Botanical Builder Framelits Dies
Ink: Cajun Craze
Card Stock: Old Olive
Botanical Gardens Designer Vellum Stack #141019 (Sale-a-bration product available until March 31, 2016. FREE with a $50 purchase/the Botanical Blooms Bundle)
Big Shot: Botanical Builder Framelits (See Bundle above)
Precision Base Plate #139684
Adhesives: Stampin’ Dimensionals
Fine Tip Glue Pen or Tombow Glue
1. Cut your Old Olive card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Card front layer top part at 2-3/4″ x 5-1/4″. Attach to the top of your card front leaving a small border at both sides and the top.
3. Cut the bottom part of your card front top layer at 1-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. This paper has a black background with small colored flowers on it. I first thought it was polka dots.
~Find the coordinating Vellum Pattern. I cut it at 1-1/4″ x 6″ and moved and flipped it around until it mostly matched up with the flowers on the Botanical Gardens paper.
~Attach the Botanical Gardens paper to the card front leaving a small border at the bottom. It might slightly overlap the top paper.
~Attach the Vellum with a Glue Dot in each lower corner and one in the upper center of the Vellum. Since the Glue Dots show through the Vellum you will be covering them up later.
~Trim the excess Vellum from the edges of your card front.
4. Now for some Big Shot Fun! I used the Magnetic Platform for the flowers and larger leaves. I added the Precision Base Plate for the fern type leaves and their Cajun Craze tops.
~Stamp two leaf veins (with the dots) in Old Olive ink on Old Olive card stock. Cut them out with the coordinating medium leaf Framelit.
~Cut from Hello Honey card stock: 1 large flower with the petal flaps (The solid looking Framelit/Thinlit), and three small flowers. Stamp the centers with Cajun Craze ink.
~Cut 5 of the fern type leaves from Old Olive card stock. I used a toothpick to help remove them from the Thinlit. You could also use the Big Shot Die Brush.
~Cut 3 tips from the fern type Thinlit. I included between 3 and 6 leaves. Glue these to to top of your Old Olive fern type leaves. Notice I did not get them matched up very well and it added a more dimensional effect to these “flowers”.
5. Time to assemble. Attach everything after it is positioned they way you want. I am including the adhesives which you will add after you have positioned everything.
~Lay out the two medium leaves facing downward in the center. Use either Glue Dots or Glue. Use only teeny amounts of glue so it will stay where you put it and not bleed out onto the card stock.
~Two fern type leaves should angle down to cover the Glue Dots in the corners. I used a couple of Glue Dots squished into a thin line to attach these leaves. Make sure one is on the tip over the Glue Dot so it will stay in place and hide the lower Glue Dot at the corner.
~The fern type leaves with the Cajun Craze “Flowers” will point towards the top of the card. Have the center one point up and the other two angle towards the side of the card. Attach with squished Glue Dots like you did with the other Ferns.
~The Large Flower is positioned in the center to cover as many leaf ends as you can. I attached it with half Dimensionals under the center of the petals so they would poke up. There is also a Dimensional under the flower center. If desired, you can attach the thin petal edges with a Glue Dot at the tips.
~The three small flowers are attached with a half Dimensional each. Use them to cover any other leaf ends you have showing.
6. Hold up your card and admire it! You deserve to enjoy it after all the work you have put into it!!