Halloween is the perfect time to use the 2″ x 8″ Cellophane Bags. You can use these for a variety of treats and make a topper to match the occasion.
Stamps: Spooky Fun Photopolymer #142236
Ink: Memento Black
Basic Black Marker
Card Stock: Whisper White
Halloween Night Designer Series Paper #142022
Punches: Owl Builder #118074
Blossom Builder #141469
Bags: 2″ x 8″ Cellophane Bags #141703
Adhesives: Stampin’ Dimensionals
Tear & Tape
Candy: 6 Hershey Nuggets-any variety or other candy that measures about 1-1/4″ wide from your local store or candy stash 😉
~Cut your Patterned paper at 3/4″ x 3″ for each candy. You can get 4 strips from a 3/4″ x 12″ piece of patterned paper. I used both sides of the paper and alternated which side was up.
~Put a Glue Dot on each end of the back side and wrap around the candy.
~Repeat, alternating which pattern is up. Put in the bag.
2. Bag Topper.
~Cut your Pumpkin Pie card stock at 2-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 2-3/4″.
Ghosts. Punch from Whisper White card stock:
~1 Owl, Trim off the pointy ears and cut the bottom curvy. You can either use the Owl Punch to punch out two Basic Black eyes and glue them on or just draw them on with your Black Marker.
~Use the Blossom Builder Punch to punch 1 Large Petal, 1 Smaller Petal for Ghosts. Draw on the eyes with your Black Marker.
~Lay out your Ghosts. Decide where to stamp the bats and the Trick or Treat.
~Stamp the bats and Trick or Treat in Black ink on the Topper.
~Attach your Ghosts. I attached the Owl Ghost with Dimensionals and the other two with Glue Dots.
4. Attach Topper.
~Put your candy in the 2″ x 8″ Cellophane Bag. Flatten out the top of the bag.
~Put a strip of Tear & Tape on each side of the bag back. Remove tape backing.
~Hold Topper and center over bag top with bottom of Topper above the candy. Press to attach to Tear & Tape.
~Put 4 Glue Dots on the front of the Bag. Press down the front of the Topper.
5. Make more for your Halloween Treats. You can even have your kids help you with these! They may not turn out perfect, but you will all have fun crafting together!
Happy Halloween Crafting!
My Daughter’s birthday was last week and this is the card I made for her. She is pretty awesome in my totally unbiased opinion. lol. Her favorite colors are Green and Yellow.
Stamps: Big News w#134015 c#134018
Remembering Your Birthday w#131347 c#131350 Une Pensee Pour Ta Fete #131646
Ink: Mossy Meadow
Card Stock: Daffodil Delight
Silver Glimmer Paper
All Abloom Designer Series Paper Stack #133703
Big Shot: Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies #127003
Punches: Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack #133787
Builder Owl Punch #118074 Smallest heart
Other: double sided adhesive of your choice: Fast Fuse OR SNAIL
1. Cut your Daffodil Delight card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this video to learn more about basic card bases.
2. Cut your Designer Series Paper at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Sponge around the edges with Mossy Meadow ink. Watch this video for Edging Techniques.
3. Stamp the “Awesomeness” sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink on Daffodil Delight card stock. Cut out with the largest Apothecary Accents Framelit. Sponge around the edges with Mossy Meadow ink. Punch out tthree of the Itty Bitty Accents Hearts from Silver Glimmer Paper. Attach two with Dimensionals as shown.
4. Stamp Happy Birthday in Mossy Meadow ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut out with the Apothecary Accents Framelit. Sponge around the edges with Daffodil Delight ink. Punch two hearts with the Owl Punch. Attach with a half Dimensional as shown.
5. Lay out your pieces as shown. Attach with the Daffodil Delight die cut with Dimensionals (making sure you remove all the staticy backing papers from the card front – oops!). Use Dimensionals as normal on the Whisper White die cut where it will touch the Daffodil Delight die cut. Stack two dimensionals on the rest so the height will be level. (Peel off the Dimensional backing on the first Dimensional, then add another Dimensional to the sticky part of the first Dimensional to get “stacked” Dimensionals.)
6. Add your last Silver Glimmer Paper Heart to the lower corner. I think I just used Fast Fuse to hold it on.
7. Write something in the card to let that special someone know how awesome they are. Remember to mail the card or hand deliver it.
Happy Card Making!
This cute Boo Halloween Banner is pretty quick and easy to make.
Build a Banner Kit #133507 Banner Kit #132699 (Banner Kit has just the Banners and Jute-no stencils)
Card Stock: Motley Monsters Designer Series Paper #135819
Basic Black card stock OR ink and sponge daubers for letters
Tangerine Tango card stock to go behind letters (or sponge the letters on)
Whisper White for printing images on your Printer
Silver Glimmer Paper #135314 or Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper #135315
Big Shot: Ovals Collection Framelits
Circle Collection Framelits or 2-1/2″ Circle Punch for Tangerine Tango Circle
Serif Essentials Alphabet Bigz Dies (retired) OR use the Alphabet stencils that come in the Build a Banner Kit
My Digital Studio (MDS): Spooky Bingo Bits #127616 I am including a Printable.
e-cutter or scissors to cut out images
Scissors Punches: Owl #118074
1/8″ Circle Handheld #134365
Ribbons: Old Olive 1/8″ Taffeta #119256
Very Vanilla Seam Binding #120999 OR Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon #134550
Tangelo Twist Stitched Satin #133669
Basic Black Baker’s Twine #134576
White & Tangerine Tango Two-Tone Trim (cord) #135838
Adhesive: Tombow Glue
1. Choose the four banner pieces you want. I chose one of each and then ended with the same shape as the first one.
2. Choose your four paper designs and cut them out with the Scallop Oval Framelit. You can cut all four at the same time. Glue one Oval onto each banner piece in the order your want them.
3. Letters: I used a retired Alphabet Bigz Die set. You can use the alphabet stencils that come with your kit (which I forget about-and I have two sets!) Use a sponge dauber and Black ink to stencil in your letters. Practice on a scrap first. OR you can use an alphabet from another cutter. The letter “O” is 2-1/8″ x 2-1/8″. The “B” is 1-7/8″ wide by 2-1/8″ high.
4. Punch/die cut your Tangerine Tango circle so it is just slightly larger than your letters. Sponge OR glue on your letters.
5. I used My Digital Studio for the Pumpkin and Ghost. I used “Custom” 8.5″ x 11″ so I could print on card stock. Here is a video showing how to set the grid lines to help you keep each image withing the size limitations. I resized the pumpkin and the ghost so they each were slightly smaller than the block inside the grid lines. Print on your printer onto Whisper White card stock. Since these are svg files you should be able to cut them out with an e-cutter (on my Christmas List). If you are like me, I used scissors to cut them out. Attach your cut out images to the fourth banner using Dimensionals.
6. Punch out 4 Glimmer Paper Owls. Cut off the feet. Punch a 1/8″ hole close to where you cut off the feet. Punch 2 eyes from Basic Black card stock for each “Ghost”. Attach the eyes with Tombow or Glue Dots. Attach to a banner piece with up to 8″ of Baker’s Twine per ghost. Tie in the left grommet.
7. Cut at least 4 feet of cord and thread through your Banner grommets. You can choose whether or not the cord shows on the front or goes behind. Tie a loop at each end to hang over your nail.
8. Now for the Ribbons. I chose 3 different ribbons. They go between each Banner and at each end so you need a total of 5 sets of the 3 ribbons. I cut each ribbon piece at 6″. Hold 1 set of 3 different ribbons over the cord/jute and tie a knot. Repeat with all the ribbon sets. Don’t worry about positioning until after all the sets are tied.
9. Hang up your Banner. Position the Banners and Ribbons and Ghosts as desired.
10. You now have a cute (or spooky) Halloween Banner! Admire it every time you walk past it!
Happy Halloween Crafting!
Make this fun Child’s Birthday Card for an Owl Lover. Owls are quite trendy with both children and adults. This card can be given to anyone who loves Owls. This Owl Card is going to my 3 year-old grandson.
Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners w#132022 c#126257
Ink: Bermuda Bay
Basic Black Marker
Card Stock: Bermuda Bay
Baked Brown Sugar
Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper #130145
Big Shot: Designer Frames #123130
Bitty Banner Framelits #129267
Punches: Owl #118074
1-1/4″ Scallop Circle #127811
Other: Fringe Scissors #133325
Paper Snips #103579
Simply Scored #122334
Baker’s Twine or Ribbon (I used some from the 2014 Sale-a-bration Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack #133522 FREE with a $50 purchase until March 31, 2014.)
Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Note: This card is going to a 3 year-old so I am adhering everything with Tombow Glue. You can use the adhesive of your choice.
1. Let’s put together our Owl first.
~Punch your Owl and 1-1/4″ Scallop Circle from Baked Brown Sugar card stock. Cut your Scallop Circle in half to use for the wings. Trim off the feet.
~Punch the lower part of the Owl body from Pumpkin Pie. You need just enough body to attach behind the Owl to allow the feet to stick out.
~Punch the Vest out of Gumball Green card stock. Use your Simply Scored Tool and score lines across the vest at 1/8″ intervals-every line. Glue onto Owl Body.
~Cut a small Pumpkin Pie triangle for your Owl Beak. Glue it on above the “V” in the vest.
~Punch two Whisper White eyes. I used the medium circles on the Owl Punch. Glue onto your Owl face, lapping over the Beak if necessary. Color the eyes with Black Marker so your Owl is looking in the direction you want him to.
~Now glue your wings to the back of your Owl in the desired position. (You can also wait and do this later if desired.)
2. Emboss your Designer Frame in Bermuda Bay card stock. Trim around the edges with Scissors or Paper Snips.
3. Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock at 1-7/16″ x 2″ and glue inside your Designer Frame.
4. Now let’s glue our Owl onto the Whisper White inside the Designer Frame. Add the wings now if you haven’t. You can also cut a Party Hat from the Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper for your Owl to wear.
5. Cut your Bermuda Bay card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Cut your Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper (I chose the Balloon design) at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Adhere the Balloon paper to the card base.
6. Cut a strip of 1″ x 5-1/2″ of Gumball Green. Use your Fringe Scissors to cut grass leaving about 1/4″ at the bottom that is not cut. I place the tips of my scissors about 1/4″ from the bottom, then cut. Put Sticky Strip along the back of the 1/4″ uncut grass. Since this card is going to a 3 year-old, I also put a strip of Sticky Strip on the card front so the upper edge was just lower than 1″ from the bottom edge so the grass will hopefully not break off. Adhere your grass to your card front.
7. Now stamp the desired sentiment from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set in Bermuda Bay ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut out the Banner with the large Bitty Banner Framelit. Then glue it onto a scrap of Bermuda Bay card stock and trim so there is about a 1/8″ Bermuda Bay border on your Banner.
8. Now lay your framed Owl and your Banner in the desired positions. Glue down the Frame first. Add your Baker’s Twine or Ribbon on top of your Owl’s Wing and glue it down so it goes to the back of your Banner. Glue your Banner down. Ooops! My Banner sticks off the card a little. 🙂
Happy Owl Making!