Halloween is the perfect time to use the 2″ x 8″ Cellophane Bags. You can use these for a variety of treats and make a topper to match the occasion.
Stamps: Spooky Fun Photopolymer #142236
Ink: Memento Black
Basic Black Marker
Card Stock: Whisper White
Halloween Night Designer Series Paper #142022
Punches: Owl Builder #118074
Blossom Builder #141469
Bags: 2″ x 8″ Cellophane Bags #141703
Adhesives: Stampin’ Dimensionals
Tear & Tape
Candy: 6 Hershey Nuggets-any variety or other candy that measures about 1-1/4″ wide from your local store or candy stash 😉
~Cut your Patterned paper at 3/4″ x 3″ for each candy. You can get 4 strips from a 3/4″ x 12″ piece of patterned paper. I used both sides of the paper and alternated which side was up.
~Put a Glue Dot on each end of the back side and wrap around the candy.
~Repeat, alternating which pattern is up. Put in the bag.
2. Bag Topper.
~Cut your Pumpkin Pie card stock at 2-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 2-3/4″.
Ghosts. Punch from Whisper White card stock:
~1 Owl, Trim off the pointy ears and cut the bottom curvy. You can either use the Owl Punch to punch out two Basic Black eyes and glue them on or just draw them on with your Black Marker.
~Use the Blossom Builder Punch to punch 1 Large Petal, 1 Smaller Petal for Ghosts. Draw on the eyes with your Black Marker.
~Lay out your Ghosts. Decide where to stamp the bats and the Trick or Treat.
~Stamp the bats and Trick or Treat in Black ink on the Topper.
~Attach your Ghosts. I attached the Owl Ghost with Dimensionals and the other two with Glue Dots.
4. Attach Topper.
~Put your candy in the 2″ x 8″ Cellophane Bag. Flatten out the top of the bag.
~Put a strip of Tear & Tape on each side of the bag back. Remove tape backing.
~Hold Topper and center over bag top with bottom of Topper above the candy. Press to attach to Tear & Tape.
~Put 4 Glue Dots on the front of the Bag. Press down the front of the Topper.
5. Make more for your Halloween Treats. You can even have your kids help you with these! They may not turn out perfect, but you will all have fun crafting together!
Happy Halloween Crafting!
My Daughter’s birthday was last week and this is the card I made for her. She is pretty awesome in my totally unbiased opinion. lol. Her favorite colors are Green and Yellow.
Stamps: Big News w#134015 c#134018
Remembering Your Birthday w#131347 c#131350 Une Pensee Pour Ta Fete #131646
Ink: Mossy Meadow
Card Stock: Daffodil Delight
Silver Glimmer Paper
All Abloom Designer Series Paper Stack #133703
Big Shot: Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies #127003
Punches: Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack #133787
Builder Owl Punch #118074 Smallest heart
Other: double sided adhesive of your choice: Fast Fuse OR SNAIL
1. Cut your Daffodil Delight card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this video to learn more about basic card bases.
2. Cut your Designer Series Paper at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Sponge around the edges with Mossy Meadow ink. Watch this video for Edging Techniques.
3. Stamp the “Awesomeness” sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink on Daffodil Delight card stock. Cut out with the largest Apothecary Accents Framelit. Sponge around the edges with Mossy Meadow ink. Punch out tthree of the Itty Bitty Accents Hearts from Silver Glimmer Paper. Attach two with Dimensionals as shown.
4. Stamp Happy Birthday in Mossy Meadow ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut out with the Apothecary Accents Framelit. Sponge around the edges with Daffodil Delight ink. Punch two hearts with the Owl Punch. Attach with a half Dimensional as shown.
5. Lay out your pieces as shown. Attach with the Daffodil Delight die cut with Dimensionals (making sure you remove all the staticy backing papers from the card front – oops!). Use Dimensionals as normal on the Whisper White die cut where it will touch the Daffodil Delight die cut. Stack two dimensionals on the rest so the height will be level. (Peel off the Dimensional backing on the first Dimensional, then add another Dimensional to the sticky part of the first Dimensional to get “stacked” Dimensionals.)
6. Add your last Silver Glimmer Paper Heart to the lower corner. I think I just used Fast Fuse to hold it on.
7. Write something in the card to let that special someone know how awesome they are. Remember to mail the card or hand deliver it.
Happy Card Making!