I received this card as a swap at Convention. It was made by Kathleen Brandt and I copied it since it made me smile. We made it in my August Stamp Class. It does remind me of Hercule Poirot from Agatha Christy’s books. It is a pretty easy card to make and perfect to give to an Agatha Christy book fan.
Card Stock: Basic Black
Big Shot: Mustache Framelit #133741
Punches: 1″ Circle #119868
1-3/8″ Circle #119860
2-1/2″ ” Circle #120906
Word Window #119857
Other: Paper Trimmer #126889
Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue
1. Cut your Soft Sky card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Basic Gray layer at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Attach to card base.
3. Cut your Soft Sky layer at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Attach to card base.
4. Cut your Whisper White at 3/4″ x 2″. Cut down about halfway at the 1″ mark so you can fold down the “shirt collar”. Set aside.
5. Now for the Monocle (single eye glass piece. Punch the 1″ Circle from Basic Black card stock. Now use the 1-3/8″ Circle Punch to punch around the 1″ hole. Set aside.
6. Punch out a 2-1/2″ Circle from Basic Black card stock.
7. Cut a 3/8″ x about 3-1/2″ Basic Black. Lay your Work Window Punch up-side down so the punch hole is showing. Stick one end of your Basic Black strip into one end of the Word Window Punch so you can round the end of your “Hat Brim”. Repeat with the other end so your strip is about 3″ long.
8. Now to assemble the hat. Decide the placement of the “Hat Brim” on the 2-1/2″ Circle. Glue in place. Trim off excess below the Brim.
9. Now that you have made all the pieces, lay them in the desired positions on your card front. Glue on.
10. Now you have a card to give someone who loves mysteries!