I have seen a lot of metal used with the Big Shot Bigz dies. So…. I decided to try it out. The samples I saw were made of soda cans, mine is made out of a V-8 Fusion can. They are quick and easy to make!!
Big Shot: Flower, Daisies #2 page 222 #114520 (Any Bigz die will cut thin metal)
Other: Craft & Rubber Scissors page 208 #103179 OR tin snips
Adhesive: Sticky Strip, Glue dots, or metal glue
1. Drink whatever is in your can. Rinse out and let it dry.
2. Use your Craft & Rubber Scissors or tin snips to cut the can. I started at the hole on top and cut through the top and down the side. Be careful because the metal can cut you! Cut around the bottom of the can and then around the top of the can so you metal piece becomes a rectangle.
3. Lay your metal rectangle on your Bigz die with the side facing down that you want to see.
4. Run it through your Big Shot just like you would cardstock.
4a. Optional step: If you want to add some texture to your metal, run the cut pieces through the Big Shot using an embossing folder. I didn’t do that here, but thought it was worth mentioning.
5. Adhere the flower parts together. I used the silver side of the largest circle for the center of my flower. You can add a pin back if you want to using cardstock on the back or you can use the leftover metal to cut more circles with your Big Shot and die. Notice the metal parts are no longer sharp.
6. Enjoy your metal creation!