This is a quick Graduation gift with room for cash, a check (too small for a gift card), or a small treat. It uses the retired Matchbox XL Bigz die and a 3″ square card stock piece for the top of the cap.
Nendy’s Creative Corner Club is almost ready to begin! I am editing the club project videos. I have the website almost set up. I am almost finished with the information video. Hopefully everything will be posted by Saturday. I will be out of town next week. The advantage of this business is that I can work from any location as long as I have a computer and Internet service!
I do have posts scheduled so you won’t miss out on anything. Have a great week and make sure to schedule some Stamping Time!
I made 5 of these in less than an hour one evening.
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes page 157 w#115370 (Happy Valentine’s Day)
PS I Love You (Occasions Mini) page 8 w#125460 c#125462 (Row of small hearts on Blushing Bride label)
Card Stock: Blushing Bride
Riding Hood Red
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Big Shot: Matchbox Bigz XL die page 221 #114890
Punch: Decorative Label page 209 #120907
Other: Riding Hood Red Pleated Ribbon (Occasions Mini) page 12 #125569
1. Cut Blushing Bride 8-1/2″ x 11″ card stock in half at 5-1/2″. Place on Matchbox die so the end of each of the main pieces of the die are covered and the papers touch. Run through Big Shot.
2. Folding Box Bottom. When I use this method I rarely need to use adhesive. Fold all score lines EXCEPT for the really small ones on the narrow ends. Fold the triangle corners over to the long side of the box. Do this with both sides (yes, I always wish I had a few more fingers for this part) and fold over one narrow end, then the other narrow end. Use your bone folder (or fingers) to shape the tiny tabs that you did not score earlier. (If necessary, add adhesive where necessary. This usually involves taking the box partially apart again.)
3. Box Belly Band. Score all lines. Put a strip Sticky Strip along the small tab (close to the score line) and in the center of both small side sections. Put Pleated Ribbon on both small side sections of Sticky Strip. Stamp on Blushing Bride label cut from Matchbox die using Riding Hood Red ink and your Stamp-a-ma-jig. Attach to Riding Hood Red Decorative Label punch out with Dimensionals. Adhere completed label to top of belly band with Dimensionals. Now you can peel off the Sticky Strip on the small tab and attach it to the other side to complete your belly band.
4. Fill box with candy (usually 4 of most kinds). Slide on Belly Band. Admire before you give it to someone special!
I really like the Matchbox die. It goes great with the It’s A Wrap stamp sets. This is a great 10 minute Treat Holder!
Check out the bottom of my post. You can now Pin this post directly to Pinterest! I have chosen the picture and typed in the description (supply list) for you. I am working on getting all my posts ready to Pin. It even shows up at the bottom of the post in Google Reader! How cool is that!! Let me know which you want me to do first. Otherwise I am going from the most recent first. Please let me know if the Pin button doesn’t show up.
I have just added a Promotions Page with the 3 Stampin’ Up! Promotions for this month with links. Two of them end October 31: Buy 2 Simply Sent Card Kits and get one coordinating stamp set FREE! Join Stampin’ Up and get a Big Shot (or $100 merchandise) FREE!
Stamps: It’s A Wrap Holidays
Card Stock: Cajun Craze
Big Shot: Matchbox XL die
Other: Glue dots for candy wrappers
Plastic Spider Rings (I have the “el-cheapo” ones from WalMart.)
1. Cut the Matchbox die out of Cajun Craze card stock. Assemble the bottom. I usually fold down the long sides first, then put the little diagonal corners on the short side, then fold down the short sides pushing flat. This usually holds together without any adhesive. If it doesn’t, put sticky strip along side sections next to the box bottom. Assemble top using Sticky Strip.
2. Stamp “EEK!” five times on a quarter sheet of Pumpkin Pie card stock leaving about a half inch on one end of four of them. Trim along the long edges of the four that will cover the Hershey Nuggets. Trim the ends as necessary to fit around the Hershey Nuggets. Attach the ends with a glue dot or two. (Snail isn’t strong enough.) Place in bottom of Matchbox. Cut the remaining “EEK!” close along all four sides. Attach with Dimensionals. Cut the ring part off of each spider ring with scissors. Attach with either Dimensionals or try Crystal Effects. (One of my spiders kept escaping from it’s Dimensional……) Put the top and bottom together.
3. You now have a Spidery Treat box to share with someone. Hopefully the chocolate will still be inside…… Do plastic spiders eat chocolate?
Here is a cute little Matchbox Candy Holder that I gave with the Flowers in Daffodil and Pear card. It holds 4 Hersey Miniature Candy bars or 4 Hersey Nuggets. Yum Yum!
Sorry for the blurry picture.
Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes (Hostess) page 10 w#122615 c#122617
Ink: Old Olive
Big Shot: Matchbox Bigz XL die page 221 #114890
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight (for the box) page 177 #119683
Pear Pizzazz (for the cover) page 176 #119793