Here is a fun Birthday Card using the Make a Wish stamp set and the Season of Style Chevron design from the Paper Stack. This is a fast card to make when you need a Birthday card to mail in a hurry!
Stamps: Make a Wish w#131928 c#129222
Markers: Garden Green
Card Stock: Gumball Green
Season of Style Paper Stack #132181 OR DSP #132340
Big Shot: Labels Collection Framelits #125598
Chevron Embossing Folder #127749
Other: Candy Dots
Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue
1. Cut your Gumball Green card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
Cut your Gumball Green card front at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″.
Cut your Season of Style Chevron patterned paper at 3″ x 4″ making sure your pattern is going the direction you want.
2. Emboss your Gumball Green 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ card front with your Chevron Embossing Folder and your Big Shot. Use Tombow Glue to adhere it to your card base. Also adhere your Patterned paper on the left side of your card front with Tombow Glue.
3. Color your Make a Wish Stamp with the Garden Green Marker and the candle flame with the Crushed Curry Marker. Remoisten with your breath and stamp on Whisper White card stock. Cut out with the desired size Label Framelit. Use the next larger Label Framelit to cut out a Cherry Cobbler Label. Adhere the two Labels together with Dimensionals. Attach to card front with Dimensionals.
4. Add two Candy Dots to the right hand corners and you are done!
5. If you want to dress up the envelope flap, emboss it with your Chevron Embossing Folder.
6. Write your note on the inside. Address and stamp your envelope. Insert card and seal envelope. Mail.
Happy Stamping and Birthday Card Making!
This Make a Wish Birthday Card is great for the men in your life. It is another card from Ronda Wade’s Creative Convention. We will be making it at my Stamp-a-Stack Class on March 22nd and 23rd. I hope you enjoy making it for one of the men in your life.
Stamps: Make a Wish w#129219 c#129222
Markers: Midnight Muse
Card Stock: Midnight Muse
Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stack #129312
Other: Silver Basics Designer Button #129325
1. Cut your Midnight Muse card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″.
All patterned paper is from the Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stack (4-1/2″ x 6-1/2″.
Striped paper: 2-1/4″ x 5-1/4″
“Ribbon” paper: 1/2″ x 5-1/2″
Green Print Banner: 1″ x 4-1/4″
Blue Print Banner: 3/4″ x 4-1/4″
Gumball Green layer: 2″ x 4″
Whisper White: 1-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
2. Adhere Striped paper and “Ribbon” paper in desired positions.
3. Color your Make a Wish stamp with Markers. “Wish” in Midnight Muse, Candle flame in Daffodil Delight, The rest of the words in Gumball Green. Remoisten with your breath and stamp in the lower right corner of your Whisper White. Adhere to your Gumball Green layer. Adhere in desired position on card front.
4. Trim the end of your Green Banner with paper snips, a square punch, or the Hearts a Flutter Banner Framelit. Center your Blue Banner piece and trim to match your Green Banner piece. Adhere Blue Banner to Green Banner with SNAIL Adhere to card front in desired position with SNAIL. Adhere Silver Button with Glue Dots.
5. Admire your classy card!
You can find all the supplies to make this card in My Online Store.
Both my Son and Son-in-Law have Birthdays shortly after Christmas. Since I can’t seem to make the same card twice, here are two versions of Birthday Cards for these men in my life. Of course I had to use some Spring 2013 Catalog items! Since these cards were mailed a while ago and because I didn’t take notes I don’t remember the exact colors I used. So use what ever color is your man’s favorite when you make this card for him.
Every Monday in January I will be posting projects using Spring 2013 Catalog products. Enjoy!
*Spring 2013 Catalog available until May 31, 2013
Stamps: *Beyond Plaid w#129201 c#129204
*Make a Wish w#129219 c#129222
Perfectly Penned w#122890 c#122892 (Green card)
Bring on the Cake w#121899 c#121958 (Blue card)
Ink: Chocolate Chip -cake
Marina Mist (Blue card)
Real Red (Blue card)
Midnight Muse ink pad & Marker (Green card sentiment)
Lucky Limeade-I think (Green card)
Card Stock: Whisper White
Marina Mist (Blue card)
Lucky Limeade-I think (Green card)
Big Shot: *Hearts a Flutter Framelits #130159 (Green card Banner)
Chevron Folder #127749 (Green card)
Punch: 1-3/4″ Scallop Circle-I think (Blue Card Banner)
Other: Naturals Designer Buttons #127554
Linen Thread #104199
Paper Snips and/or Scissors
Instructions will be for Both Cards unless specified.
1. Card base. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of card stock in the desired color. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. If desired, use the Chevron Embossing Folder on your card front. Line up your card stock in the folder. Fold the back of the card underneath the embossing folder. Run through your Big Shot with all the tabs open. Crease the top fold again with your fingers trying not to flatten out the embossing.
3. Choose the Plaid Design you want. Stamp it three times in the desired ink color on Whisper White card stock. Stamp the Cake in Chocolate Chip ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut the Cake out with your Paper Snips. Cut the Plaid images out with Scissors or your Paper Trimmer.
4. Lay out the Plaid images in the desired positions. Adhere the upper two images with SNAIL or Tombow Glue. Adhere the lower Plaid image with Dimensionals. Add the Cake to the lower Plaid image with Dimensionals. (Notice I didn’t add any Dazzling Details to Bling up the cakes for the guys! I hope they appreciated how hard that was for me.)
5a. Green Banner. Stamp the sentiment in Midnight Muse ink on Whisper White card stock. Trim so it is 1″ Tall. Slip one end through the Hearts a Flutter Banner Framelit. Cover only the part that will be cut out with the top cutting pad when you run it through your Big Shot. If you cover the whole card stock piece there will be heavy crease lines in your sentiment. Repeat with the other end, covering only the part that is being cut with the top cutting pad. Use the Brush Tip of the Midnight Muse Marker to put a colored edge to your Banner. Adhere in desired position with Dimensionals.
5b. Blue Banner. Stamp sentiment in Real Red Ink on Whisper White card stock. Trim about 1″ Tall. Stick one end of your Banner in through the center open part of your Scallop Circle punch. Position as desired and punch the end. Repeat with the other side. Drag the edges of your Banner against your Real Red ink pad. Adhere in desired position with Dimensionals.
6. Buttons. Choose the desired Buttons. Thread them with Linen Thread. We do want it nice and rustic for our guys. Place a Glue Dot on the back to hold the thread onto the button. Place 2-3 more Glue Dots on the back of each button and adhere them in the desired position on your card.
7. There. You now have two versions of Birthday Cards for the men in your life. Enjoy!
You can purchase all the Supplies for these Manly Birthday cards from My Online Store.