I am trying to use up all my Designer Series Papers (DSP), including the Kaleidoscope paper, before they all retire at the end of May. I decided to try mixing the Hexagon Hive Thinlit with the Kaleidoscope paper for this experiment. We also make this card at my Stamp Class on Friday using the triangle paper. I let everyone choose the color they wanted to go on top. I am also trying to use up a lot of my ribbons so I have room for the new ones. Have fun playing around with card stock and Designer Series Paper combinations!
Stamps: Lovely Romance w#130264 c#130267 MDS#134799
Ink: Bermuda Bay
Card Stock: card stock colors vary. Bermuda Bay & Crushed Curry
Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper #132995 MDS#137068
Big Shot: Hexagon Hive Thinlit #132965
Chalk Talk Framelits #129983
Other: Big Shot Multiporpose Adhesive Sheets #120805
Ribbon of your choice-about 4-6″
1. Cut your card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Adhere to card front with SNAIL Adhesive.
3. Attach the Multipurpose Adhesive sheet cut at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ to your colored card stock cut the same size. Cut out using the Hexagon Hive Thinlit. Watch this video to see step-by-step instructions on turning your card stock into a sticker and using the Hexagon Hive Thinlit.
4. Adhere your Hexagon Hive sticker to your card front, centering it.
5. Stamp your sentiment. I used the “You are Amazing” stamp from Lovely Romance stamped in Bermuda Bay ink on Whisper White card stock and cut out with a Chalk Talk Framelit. Adhere to your card front with Dimensionals.
6. Tie a loose knot in your Ribbon. Put a Glue Dot behind the knot and one on the ribbon on each side of the knot so you can position the ribbon where you want it and have it stay.
7. You can now experiment with other card stock colors and patterned papers. Have fun!