We made this Mother’s Day card at my last Stamp Class. It is just fancy enough to let your Mom know just how much you love her!
Stamps: Mother’s Love Photopolymer #137170 (April 14-20, 2015 Weekly Deal-Save $6.24)
Ink: Blackberry Bliss
Memento Tuxedo Black
Markers: Blackberry Bliss
Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Pink Pirouette
Big Shot: Labels Collection Framelits #135598
Spring Flowers embossing Folder #137365
Other: Artisan Embellishment Kit #137909
Stamping Sponge wedge
1. Cut your Pink Pirouette card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Pink Pirouette card front at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Sponge your Spring Flowers embossing folder with Blackberry Bliss ink making sure to sponge the inside where the flowers will be raised. Only sponge the flat part and not into the lowered flower and vine cutouts. Run through your Big Shot with the card front inside. Wash off your embossing folder by holding it under running water in you sink. Only takes a few seconds to clean. Dry with a paper towel. Attach your colored and embossed card to your card base with Tombow Glue.
3. Place your flower stamp on they Clear Block and bend the stem so it curves nicely. Stamp with Memento Black ink on Whisper White card stock. Color the coordinating stamp with Markers: Blackberry Bliss for the flowers and Old Olive for the Leaves. Now use your Label Framelit and cut out with the Flower being as close to the one side edge as you can get it. Now stamp your sentiment in Blackberry Bliss ink. I darkened some of the letters with the Blackberry Bliss marker so they would show up better.
4. Attach some of the Blackberry Bliss velvet ribbon in diagonals as shown. Add Rhinestones to the ends of the ribbon if desired.
5. Take three ribbon roses and darken with your Blackberry Bliss sponge wedge until you get the color you want. Trim off the excess netting from around the flowers. Cut one ribbon rose off. Attach the ribbon roses with Glue Dots in the desired positions. Put Dimensionals on the back of your decorated card stock.
6. Cut the next larger Label Framelit from Blackberry Bliss card stock. Attach to decorated piece. Attach these layers to embossed card front with Dimensionals.
7. Stamp the inside with a sentiment or write your own sentiment.
8. You can also emboss the Envelope Flap with the Spring Flowers embossing folder if desired. You can sponge the embossing folder if you want some extra color on your envelope flap.
Happy Mother’s Day Card Making!
This is a fun Mini Album to put pictures and mementos from a single event or weekend trip. Choose your Designer Series Paper and your card stock colors and you have finished the hard part. Cutting and assembly is quick and easy. So grab your papers and your Paper Trimmer and let’s get started! I will tell you what I used. Tweak it to make you happy! You can complete this Mini Album in about 15 minutes after you have chosen your papers and cut them.
Stamps: Feel Goods w#129681 c#129684 digital #133272
A Round Array #133899 (Spring Surprise Bundle with 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch)
Ink: Primrose Petals
Card Stock: Very Vanilla
Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stack (4-1/2″ x 6-1/2″) #129312
Big Shot: Labels Collection Framelits#125598
Punches: 1-1/4″ Scallop Circle #127811
1″ Circle #119868
7/8″ Scallop Circle #129404
Other: Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon
Hole Punch. I used my Crop-a-dile.
Simply Scored Tool #122334
1. Cut two pieces each of Primrose Petals and Summer Starfruit at 4-1/4″ x 10″.
2. Score and Fold.
~Primrose Petals #1: 3-1/4″
~Primrose Petals #2: 3-3/4″
~Summer Starfruit #1: 4-1/4″
~Summer Starfruit #2: 4-3/4″
3. Line up and layer the scored lines together so you can see each piece is evenly layered as shown in picture.
4. Mini Album Assembly. Punch two holes on the score lines and even distance in from each scored edge. Punch through all the layers at once if possible. Thread your Ribbon through the holes and tie a knot. Trim Ribbon ends if desired.
5. Now for the Designer Series Paper. I am numbering the pages for you so you know which page to put the Designer Series Paper on. The top one is Page 1.
~Page 2. 3-1/2″ x 4″
~Page 4. 4-1/2″ x 4″
~Page 6. 5-1/4″ x 4″
~Page 8. 6-1/4″ x 4″
~Page 1. Two scraps: 3/4″ x 4″AND 1″ x 4″
Adhere with SNAIL.
6. Now to decorate the front of your Mini Album. Stamp sentiment in Primrose Petals ink on Very Vanilla card stock. Cut out with the desired Label Framelit. Choose the next larger Framelit and cut one out of Summer Starfruit. Adhere the two pieces together with Dimensionals. Position the layered labels on Page 1 Put Dimensionals on the Back part of the Labels that will touch the front cover. You don’t want to adhere it to any other pages
7. For the finishing touch. Punch a 1-1/4″ Scallop Circle from Primrose Petals card stock. Now punch a 1″ Summer Starfruit Circle. Adhere these two layers with SNAIL. Stamp your “A Round Array” image on Very Vanilla card stock. (Oops! It looks like I used Whisper White card stock!) Punch out with the 7/8″ Scallop Circle. Adhere your sentiment with Dimensionals to the other punched layers. Adhere to your Label Framelits with SNAIL.
8. Now add your photos, mementos, doodles, and journaling.
9. Now you can look at this Mini Album and enjoy some great memories!
Happy Album Making!
This is the card I made for one of my swaps at the Stampin’ Up! Convention. Please subscribe to my Newsletter and Register for My Newsletter Project Pages if you would like the supply list and directions.