We made this Flower Box using the Crepe Filter Paper from the Spring 2013 Catalog and a Kraft Box. We used the Floral Frames Framelits to cut out our flowers. I used the largest Floral Frames Framelits. Everyone else chose the next two smaller sizes. We decorated the front of the box with a smaller flower die cut from the Floral Frames Framelits. that we stamped with the flower from the Oh Hello Stamp set. This is a quick project! The Flower Box can be filled with a variety of treats or gifts. It it is the perfect size for cookies that have been stamped with Sweetly Pressed Cookie Stamps.
Stamps: Oh Hello w#130730 c#130733
Markers: Primrose Petals
Primrose Petals Ink Pad
Papers: Creped Filter Paper #129393
Whisper White card stock
Big ShotL Floral Frames Framelits #127012
Other: Kraft Box #124106
Piercing Tool and Mat
1. Take the whole stack of Crepe Filter Paper Circles. Choose the Floral Frames Framelit in the size that you want your flower. Make your sandwich using the Multipurpose Platform with all tabs closed, your cutting pad, the whole stack of the Crepe Filter Paper Circles, your desired Floral Frames Framelit, and finally your top cutting pad. Yes, you can cut the whole stack at once! Now, Pierce a hole in the center with your Piercing Tool. Insert the desired brad. It will show so choose one that coordinates. I used a retired brad with a jewel.
2. Now to shape your flower. Take the top layer and scrunch it straight up. Do the same with each layer, scrunching slightly less with each lower level. Fluff up your Crepe Filter Paper Flower.
3. Color your Oh Hello Flower with your Primrose Petals Markers. Remoisten and stamp on Whisper White card stock. Choose the desired Floral Frames Framelit and cut out the Flower that will decorate the front of your box. Sponge around the edge with a Stamping Sponge and Primrose Petals ink. Adhere to the front of your Kraft Box with either SNAIL or Glue Dots
4. Adhere your Crepe Filter Paper Flower to the top of your box with 4-6 Glue Dots placed close to the center of the bottom layer.
5. Admire your cute box.
Happy Flower Making and Gift Giving!
Here is Christmas Box using the Kraft Box, Snow Festival Designer Series Paper, and the Make a Mitten Stamp Set. The Pom-pom is made with the Gumball Green Sweater Trim. This is a quick and easy way to dress up a gift box for someone special.
* = Holiday Catalog item available until January 2, 2012
Stamps: *Make a Mitten w#127940 c#127943
Tags Til Christmas w#120847 c#121169
Inks: Baja Breeze
Papers: Whisper White card stock
Gumball Green card stock
*Snow Festival Designer Series Paper #126908
Punches: 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle #118874
Hole punch or Crop-o-dile
Other: Kraft Box #124106
*Gumball Green 1/4″ Sweater Trim #127838
Paper Trimmer #126889
1. Cut the large top flap off your Kraft Box.
2. Cut a strip of Snow Festival Designer Series Paper 2″ x 12″. Adhere to Kraft Box centering the strip in the center back and making sure the parts on the front are even.
3. Stamp Mittens on Whisper White card stock and cut out with scissors. (I sure wish the Mitten punch did both mittens!) Punch Scallop Circle from Gumball Green card stock. Adhere Mittens to Scallop Circle with Dimensionals.
4. Cut Whisper White card stock 2-3/4″ x 3-1/4″, Trim corners diagonally (or use the retired Tag punch like I did). Stamp Snowman tag in Midnight Muse. Stamp the stripe border from the Make a Mitten stamp set in Gumball Green. I did use my Stamp-a-ma-jig. Punch a hole in the top.
5. Punch two holes next to each other on each flap of your Kraft Box, trying to make holes the same on each flap.
6. Now you get to make the Pom-pom. Don’t worry, it is easy to make. Cut a 12″ piece and a 2-3 yard piece of Sweater Trim. I used a 2 yard piece. Wrap the 2-3 yard Sweater Trim around four of your fingers. Take the 12″ piece of Sweater Trim and wrap it around the middle part while spreading your fingers apart. Gently remove the Sweater Trim from your fingers holding the 12″ piece in place. Tie it tightly in a knot. Now cut the tops of the loops with your scissors. Fluff up the Pom-pom and trim any ends that need it, but not the 12″ piece.
7. Put gift in box. Thread one end of the 12″ Sweater Trim through the top of the hole in the Tag and through the top of of the front flap hole then through the bottom of the opposite flap back hole. Thread the other side through the remaining holes. Tie. Fluff up your Pom-pom again.
8. Admire your festive gift box before putting it under the tree or giving it to a special someone!
You can buy all the supplies to make this Festive Christmas Box at My Online Store.