The Make a Mitten stamp set and coordinating Mitten Punch have been challenging me to use them. I decided to use them with the Scentsational Season Bundle. I also used the Illuminations ink on the Mittens after I punched them. This is a quick card to make, although I just might have to take a Hot Chocolate Break!
* = in Holiday 2012 Catalog
Stamps: *Make a Mitten w#127940 c#127943
*Scentsational Season w#121026 c#121190
*Greetings of the Season w#128030 c#128033
Card Stock: Real Red
Ink: Gumball Green
Chocolate Chip Marker
Punch: *Mitten Builder #127824
3/16″ Corner Rounder #119871
Big Shot: *Holiday Collection Framelits #127814
*Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Embossing Folder #127819
Blender Pen #102845
1. Stamp Mug in Gumball Green. Use Blender Pen to remove ink from Hot Chocolate area. Wipe Blender pen clean between each wipe. Color Chocolate area with Chocolate Chip Marker. Remoisten with your breath and stamp on Whisper White card stock. Stamp Curling Steam in Early Espresso ink at least 1/2″ away from Mug. This way you can position both Framelits on the card stock and just make one run through the Big Shot. I trimmed the bottom of the “Steam” and adhered it to the Mug with SNAIL just above the Hot Chocolate.
2. Punch 2 Mittens. Lay them next to each other with thumbs facing in. Use Illuminations ink (or Whisper White ink) and one of the “border” stamps in the Make a Mitten stamp set and stamp at the top, middle, and bottom of the Mittens.
3. Round the top two corners of a 3-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ Whisper White card stock. Decide where you want your Hot Chocolate, Mittens, and Sentiment. Stamp your sentiment in Real Red ink. Adhere Hot Chocolate, Steam, and Mittens with SNAIL.
4. Run the card front through the Big Shot using the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder. Line up the front of the card in the Embossing Folder. Fold the back of the card underneath the Embossing Folder. Run through.
5. Adhere your Whisper White layer to your card front. Use lots of SNAIL or use Glue Dots or Dimensionals.
6. Admire your fun card!
You can buy everything to make this Hot Chocolate and Mittens Card at My Online Store.