I was watching a video (which I cannot find now) and dreamed about making a Pirate that moved for my grandsons Valentines Day cards. It worked! I also decided to make a sliding Heart Valentine for my granddaughters. Hope you enjoy making these. If it is after Valentine’s Day you can choose any stamp you can cut out (punch out, die cut, or use scissors) to make it slide. The video is just over 20 minutes long.
SUPPLIES: Stamps: Hey Valentine wood #137135, clear #138570 Ink: StayzOn Black
Early Espresso Markers: Real Red-hat, outside of coat
Cherry Cobbler-coat cuffs, lapels, and inside
Smoky Slate-eye patch, boot tops
Pacific Point-kerchief, shirt
Basic Black-belt, boots
Hello Honey-buckles, Treasure Chest lock
Tangerine Tango-bird beak
Chocolate Chip-Treasure Chest
Baked Brown Sugar-Treasure Chest
Daffodil Delight-treasure Card Stock: Real Red
Whisper White Silver Glimmer Paper Big Shot:Happy Heart embossing folder Punch:Hexagon Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (small heart) Other: Paper Trimmer
CARD STOCK MEASUREMENTS: Card Base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
Card front: 4″ x 5-1/2″ (OR 3-3/4″ x 5-“)
Whisper White insert: 3-3/4″ x 5″
Strip: 1/2″ x about 4″
Ribbon: about 2-1/2″ or 3”
My niece is getting married so I made this wedding card for her. It is fairly simple, but elegant. All products used excpet the Full Heart Punch will be available in the NEW Catalog. Enjoy making wedding cards for your family and friends this year! You can change the card stock, ribbon, and ink colors to match their wedding colors.
INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Cut your Real Red card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch THIS VIDEO for more detailed instructions.
2. Cut your Silver Fancy Foil Vellum with your Big Shot using the largest Scallop Oval Framelit. Put a Glue Dot behind each silver heart. Adhere Vellum Oval to card front making sure the hearts are the correct direction. 🙂
3. Cut your Ribbons 7-8 inches long:
~One: Cherry Cobbler 3/4″ Chevron
~Two: Real Red 1/8″ Taffeta
~Two: Silver 1/8″ Ribbon
Hold them together while tying a loose knot. Position the narrow ribbons on the Knot if desired. Now position the narrow ribbons over the Chevron Ribbon if desired. If they don’t want to stay where you want them to just place a Glue Dot under the offending ribbon(s) near the knot.
4. Punch out or cut out (with the desired size Heart Framelit) the Silver Glimmer Paper Heart. Put Dimensionals on the back. Stamp sentiment on Whisper White card stock with Real Red ink. Punch out your sentiment with the Word Window Punch. Run the brush tip of your Real Red Marker around the edge of your punched out sentiment if desired. You can also do this around the Heart if desired. It does add a little extra definition. I didn’t do it on either this time. Adhere the sentiment to the Heart with half Dimensionals.
5. Lay your Ribbons and Heart in the desired positions. Attach the Heart with the Dimensionals you put on the back. Attach your Ribbons using 4-5 Glue Dots on the knot and next to the knot.
6. Admire your silvery Wedding Card before writing in it and sending it off to the lucky couple.
This is a fun Valentine card to make using the limited edition Flowerful Heart Stamp and the Fresh Prints patterned paper from the Occasions 2014 Catalog! The Stamp is only available until January 27th or while supplies last.
INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Cut your Pink Pirouette card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. 2. Cut your Designer Series Paper into strips using your Paper Cutter. Make sure the leaf parts don’t show down the center of your cutting ruler before you cut. 3. Line up the Strips on your card front leaving spaces in between. No the spaces won’t be even because of the varied length of the strips. It doesn’t really matter. Adhere the Strips with SNAIL. Trim off the overhanging ends with scissors. 4. Stamp your Happy Valentine’s Day and Flowerfull Heart in Real Red ink on Whisper White card stock. 5. Cut out your Heart with the coordinating Heart Framelit. Cut the next larger Heart Framelit from Red Glimmer Paper. Layer the Hearts together with Dimensionals. 6. Punch out your Modern Label from Red Glimmer Paper. Now finally punch out your sentiment with the Word Window Punch. Adhere sentiment to Glimmer Paper with Tombow Glue. 7. Put Dimensionals on the back of the layered Hearts and the layered sentiment. Adhere in desired positions on card front. Add Basic Rhinestones to the center of the stamped flowers if desired. 8. Give to someone special for Valentine’s Day ! OR change the sentiment and use for a Wedding or Anniversary card.
Search Nendy’s Site
Sign up for my Newsletter
<alt=”Shop Online at My Official Stampin’ Up Store!”>