I have a couple of family anniversaries coming up plus a couple of weddings and I wanted to use the “Love” Expressions Thinlit. I did two versions of the card with different colored layers. Which color combination do you like best?
Look for a video on Wednesday showing how to use the Thinlit and place it on your card. Friday there will be a video showing yout how to emboss the flap of your envelope so the receiver will know there is a really special card inside.
Card Stock: Basic Black
Real Red or Very Vanilla
Modern Medley Designer Series Paper (DSP) #126926
Big Shot: Expressions Thinlits Dies #132171
Deco Labels Collection Framelits #130102
Other: White Stampin’ Chalk Marker #132133 (For writing on the inside)
Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Tweezers-preferably the craft kind that stay closed and you pinch them to open them.
1. Cut your Basic Black card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Modern Medley DSP at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Adhere to card front with SNAIL.
3. Cut two Deco Label Framlits in the desired sizes and colors. I think I used the 2 medium sized ones. Set aside.
4. Steps 4 and 5 Video Link. Cut “Love” in the desired color. Gently poke the toothpick through the little holes in the flat side of the Thinlit. Your word should easily come out. If you have problems with it coming out use a piece of wax paper between the Thinlit and your card stock next time.
5. Hold your “Love” with a pair of tweezers. Spread a thin light layer of Tombow Glue on the back of your word. Make sure the Glue is a thin layer or it will squish out and make a mess. Hold your Gluey word above the smaller Deco Label and then gently lay in the desired position. If you mess up, turn the Label over and try again.
6. Layer your two Deco Labels together with Dimensionals. Adhere them to the card front with Dimensionals.
7. Write a Love Note inside using your White Stampin’ Chalk Marker. It works just like a Markder without any of the frustration a Gel Pen sometimes gives us.
8. Admire your “Love”ly Wedding or Anniversary Card. You can mail it in a Very Vanilla Envelope. I embossed the envelope flap with the new Beautifully Baroque embossing folder.
Happy Card Making!