This quick and elegant Every Blessing Christmas Card has a golden silhouette of the Shepherds looking at the Christmas Star. This is one of the cards in my November Stamp a Stack Class.
Stamps: Every Blessing Wood #138806, Clear #139919
Card Stock: Thick Whisper White for card base
Gold Foil Sheet #132622
Winter Wonderland Specialty Designer Series Paper #139588
Big Shot: Ovals Collection Framelits #129381
Other: Gold Embossing Powder #109129
Iced Rhinestones #139637
Fast Fuse or SNAIL adhesive
1. Cut your Thick Whisper White card stock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Gold Foil Sheet at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Attach to card base.
3. Cut your Winter Wonderland Designer Series Paper at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Attach to card front.
4. Stamp your Shepherds on Vellum with VersaMark. Add Gold Embossing Powder. Remove excess. Melt with Heat Tool. Cut out your Vellum with the desired size Oval Framelit. NOTE: Cover your Vellum and Framelit with a sheet of printer paper, then add the top cutting plate. This will prevent damage to your embossed image.
5. Attach Glue Dots to your Vellum behind the Star, Shepherds, and sheep. I used 7 or 8 Glue Dots and they seem to hold the Vellum securely.
6. Add an Iced Rhinestone to the Star.
7. You now have an elegant Gold Christmas Card for someone special.
Merry Christmas Card Making!
Both my oldest son and a son-in-law have birthdays this week. Here is the card for my son-in-law that LOVES plaid. He said it was a “very elegant plaid card” and was impressed with the embossed words.
Stamps: Big News wood #134015 c#134018 (sorry, I am not able to make the links tonight.)
Card Stock: Early Expresso
Adventure Bound Designer Series Paper Stack #137780 (Available January 6, 2015)
Other: White Embossing Powder #109132
Heat Tool #129053
Fast Fuse or SNAIL Adhesive
1. Cut your Early Espresso card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your plaid Designer Series Paper at 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″. Yes, this is a slightly different measurement than I usually use. I was in the mood for a little change.
3. Stamp using VersaMark. You can stamp both stamps, add embossing powder to each, then melt the embossing powder with your Heat Tool.
4. Attach your embossed plaid layer to your card base.
5. Wahoo! Your guy card is finished already! I know he will like it because it is plaid. After all, we do make cards to make others happy and we enjoy the process of making the cards. A Win-Win for everyone!
Happy Birthday Card Making!
I finally have my Mother’s Day cards finished and in the mail. I am making this extra post because Mother’s Day is this weekend. I made two versions this year because my Mom’s birthday card was the original for the Regal Rose design. My DIL2 made one of the Regal Rose ones in Stamp Class last month. So I came up with a second design. I was having Stamper’s Block for a couple of days until I decided to make the Regal Rose design for my Sister and my daughters/DIL1.
The top two cards are the Melon Mambo Cards. The lower 4 cards are the Regal Rose Cards.
REGAL ROSE SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Amazing Family
Pacific Point Marker
Card Stock: Regal Rose (Retiring)
Tea Lace Paper Doilies
Big Shot: Ovals Collection Framelits
Needlepoint Embossing Folders
Heat Embossing: Heat Tool
Melon Mambo Embossing Powder
Tempting Turquoise Embossing Powder
Basic Black Embossing Powder
Other: Rose Ribbon
Delicate Details Lace
REGAL ROSE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Cut Regal Rose card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Use the Scallop Border embossing folder with your Big Shot along the bottom of the card front. Use a sponge dauber and Melon Mambo ink to highlight the embossed border.
2. Use 3 of the Delicate Details Lace slightly above the Scallop Border on the left side. Now adhere your Paper Doily with SNAIL.
3. Use a Sponge Dauber and Tempting Turquoise ink to color two of the Ribbon Roses. I inked up the top and the bottom. Set aside to dry or set the color with your Heat Tool.
4. Heat Embossing.
~Stamp the Oh Hello Chevron Oval with VersaMark ink on Whisper White card stock. Cover with Melon Mambo Embossing Powder. Melt with Heat Tool.
~Stamp “You’re an Amazing” with VersaMark ink on Melon Mambo card stock. Cover with Tempting Turquoise Embossing Powder. Melt with Heat Tool.
~Stamp “Sister” or “Daughter” or other sentiment with Versamark on a 7/8″ strip of Vellum Cardstock. Cover with Black Embossing Powder. Melt with Heat Tool.
5. Cut out the Oval with an Oval Framelit and your Big Shot. Cut the next larger Oval out of Melon Mambo card stock. Use scissors to cut around the “You’re an Amazing”.
6. Adhere the two ovals together with Dimensionals. Adhere to the center of the Paper Doily with Dimensionals. Adhere the “You’re An Amazing” with Dimensionals as shown.
7. Adhere your Vellum sentiment by placing a Glue Dot in the areas under where the flowers and Rhinestone will be. Add Glue Dots to the top of the Vellum where the flowers will be. Adhere flowers on top of Glue Dots.
8. Finish up by adding one Delicate Details Lace circle to the upper left-hand corner. Put a Rhinestone in the center. Add a small Rhinestone to the center tip of the crown and other spots as desired.
9. Admire your wonderful card!
MELON MAMBO SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Loved Ones
Card Stock: Pacific Point
Pacific Point Marker
Pacific Point Reinker
Big Shot: Secret Garden Framelits
Heat Embossing: Heat Tool
Tempting Turquoise Embossing Powder
Other: Simply Pressed Clay
Simply Pressed Clay Molds
Artisan Embellishment Kit – Lace
MELON MAMBO INSTRUCTIONS
The Day before. (Optional if making the Simply Pressed Clay Flowers.)
~Press desired amounts of Simply Pressed Clay into the Simply Pressed Flower Molds. Take it out and add enough Pacific Point Reinker to the clay until you get the desired color. It will stay the same color when dry. (Note: Work over your Silicone Craft Sheet and keep some Kleenex or Paper Towels handy. If you don’t want inky fingers you might want to wear disposible gloves to mix the ink into the clay.)
~Now that your Clay is colored press it back into the molds. Flatten the back with your Bone Folder.
~Gently remove each flower and set them aside to dry. I am not really sure how long it takes them to dry.
The Next Day
1. Cut your Pacific Point card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and told at 4-1/4″.
2. Place the wide Lace from the Artisan Embellishment Kit on the front of your 4″ x 5-1/4″ Melon Mambo card stock. Don’t cut it yet. Start at one side and keep your Glue Dots handy. I put 3 Glue Dots along the edge of the lace and placed it so it was slightly over the edge of my card stock. I kept adding Glue Dots every 1/2″ or so along the top and bottom of the lace and stretched it tight (so the folds were forced to lay flat). Then I would add more Glue Dots to the next section. When I got to the other edge of the card I put Glue Dots on the edge of the card stock and pressed the lace against them. I then trimmed the lace at both ends so it was straight along the card stock.
3. Stamp sentiment below the lace. Cover with Tempting Turquoise Embossing Powder. Melt with Heat Tool.
4. Stamp desired flowers from Secret Garden stamp set in Pacific Point ink on Tempting Turquoise card stock. Color parts of the flowers as desired with the Pacific Point Marker. Cut out using the Secret Garden Framelits and your Big Shot. Adhere in desired positions with Dimensionals.
5. I ran my Pacific Point Marker along the raised edges of the Simply Pressed Clay Flowers to emphasize them and add more Dimension. Adhere your Simply Pressed Clay Flowers to the center of the Secret Garden Flowers with Tombow Glue. Add Rhinestones to the center of the Clay Flowers, the card front corners, and the sentiment if desired.
6. Admire your bright, fun card!
Mailing: When I mail cards like this I add a 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ sheet of Whisper White card stock. I position the card so the back of the card is against the front of the envelope. (Make sure and address your card BEFORE you put the card in!) Place the Whisper White card stock over the front of the card and slide them in together. Put the lumpiest part of the card in first so it will be at the bottom of the envelope. I did use two stamps on the Melon Mambo cards.
Happy Mother’s Day!
Happy Boxing Day! This contained a Christmas Gift Card for my daughter-in-law. I wanted to use some things from the new Spring 2013 Catalog. She does like the Chevron design which explains some of my choices in the supplies I used. I also used some things from the upcoming Sale-a-bration brochure. Enjoy!
* = Spring 2013 Catalog available January 3-May 31, 2013
** = Sale-a-bration Brochure available January 22-March 22, 2013
Stamps: *Secret Garden w#129141 c#129144 (Bundles stamp set & Framelits w#131100 c#131099)
*Oh Hello w#3130730 c#130733 (Bundles stamp set & Oval Framelits: w#131102 c#131101)
Papers: Rich Razzleberry Card stock
Naturals White card stock
**SAB Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper #127540
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Marker: Pink Pirouette
Big Shot: *Secret Garden Framelits #129372 (See Bundle above)
*Ovals Collection Framelits #129381 (See Oh Hello Bundle)
Other: Black Embossing Powder
**Sycamore Street Ribbon and Button Pack #130812
Regal Rose 1/8″ Ribbon
White Gel Pen
1. Score and fold your 8-1/2″ x 11″ Rich Razzleberry card stock at 5-1/2″.
2. Cut your Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper at 5″ x 8″. Adhere to your Rich Razzleberry card front.
3. Stamp the Oh Hello Oval with Rich Razzleberry ink. Cut out using the desired Oval Framelit. Use the next larger Oval Framelit to cut a Rich Razzleberry Oval. Adhere the ovals together. Set aside.
4. Stamp three Flowers from the Secret Garden stamp set in Rich Razzleberry ink on Naturals White card stock. Color the center stripe portions with Rich Razzleberry ink using your Blender Pen. Also color the curled part of the petals using Rich Razzleberry ink and your Blender Pen. You might want to color on some scratch paper first so you get a lighter color. Color the rest of the flower with your Pink Pirouette or Pretty in Pink Makers. I used Pink Pirouette for the two smaller flowers and Pretty in Pink for the large flower.
5. Arrange the flowers and the ovals in the desired position and adhere the ovals with SNAIL and the flowers with Dimensionals.
6. Thread the Sycamore Street Rich Razzleberry buttons with the 1/8″ Regal Rose Ribbon. Tie a knot. Trim the ends. Adhere in the desired position in the corners using a couple of Glue Dots for each button.
7. This card had a Gift Card on the inside. If you want to do this, cut a Rich Razzleberry piece of card stock at 3″ x 8″. Punch a half oval or circle along one of the 8″ edges. Use Sticky Strip or Tombow Glue on the other three sides and place in the desired position on the lower part of the card inside.
8. Write what you want to say to them using a white Gel Pen. Insert the Gift Card.
9. Admire your card!
10. I mailed mine in a decorative bubble envelope I purchased at the Post Office. The postage was $1.10.
You can buy the supplies to make this Gift Card Holder from My Online Store starting January 3, 2013.
A Happy Hanukkah to everyone! I have had several Jewish friends at different times in my life and have always admired them. So here is a card to celebrate Hanukkah. It does involve a bit of cutting out by hand, but I like the effect of the different layers. It is an easy image to cut out. You can admire the intricate design of the stamped and embossed image as you trim the different parts out.
Stamps: Jewish Celebrations w#128042 c#128045
Card Stock: Midnight Muse
Big Shot: Lacy Brocade embossing folder #127819
Embossing Powder: Pewter #124114
Punches: 2-1/2″ Circle Punch #120906
3/16″ Corner #119871
Other: Heat Tool #129053
Paper Snips #103579
1. Stamp and emboss the Star of David image with VersaMark ink three times: First-Whisper White card stock and Pewter Embossing Powder. Second-Whisper White card stock and Black embossing powder. Third-Midnight Muse card stock and White embossing powder.
2. Trim the first embossed image (Pewter embossing powder) around the Star using your paper snips. Punch the second image (Black embossing powder) with a 2-1/2″ Circle Punch. Trim the third embossed image (on Midnight Muse card stock) around the circles part of the image.
3. Put Dimensionals on the back of each of the images. The Pewter Star is the top layer, then the Midnight Muse card stock with White embossing is the middle layer.
4. Now for the rest of the card. You will need a 3″ square of Midnight Muse card stock, a 3-1/2″ square of Whisper White card stock, a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Midnight Muse card stock, and a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Whisper White scored and folded at 4-1/4″.
5. Round the corners of the square pieces of card stock with the Corner Rounder punch. Adhere these pieces together with SNAIL.
6. Emboss the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Midnight Muse card stock with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder and your Big Shot. Adhere to the front of your Whisper White card base.
7. Adhere the layered Star of David image on top of the squares.
8. Stamp Happy Hanukkah with Midnight Muse ink on a 7/8″ x 2-3/4″ piece of Whisper White card stock. Use the Corner Punch to round the corners. Adhere to the card front in desired position with Dimensionals.
9. Happy Hanukkah!
You can purchase all the supplies for this Hanukkah card from My Online Store.
Enjoy your Hanukkah celebration!
I was in the mood to do some heat embossing with my recently acquired Tempting Turquoise Embossing Powder, the Betsy’s Blooms stamp set, and my new super quiet Heat Tool. I also used the Melon Mambo embossing powder and the Blossom Petals Builder Punch. This was a fun card to make! I hope you enjoy making one for yourself or a friend.
Stamps: Betsy’s Blossoms w#126004 c#126006
Create a Cupcake w#121915 c#121982
Card Stock: Tempting Turquoise
Punches: Blossom Petals Builder #121808
2-3/8″ Scallop Circle #118874
Modern Label #119849
Work Window #119857
Embossing Powder: Melon Mambo #123223
Tempting Turquoise #122950
Other: Heat Tool #129053
1. Cut Tempting Turquoise card stock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and Fold and 4-1/4″.
2. Rub the Embossing Buddy over your card front to keep embossing powder only on inked areas. Stamp large Blossom with VersaMark ink several times on your card front. Generously sprinkle Tempting Turquoise embossing powder over VersaMark images. Pour excess back into container. Heat with Heat Tool on High until all embossing powder is melted.
3. Stamp large Blossom with VersaMark ink on Whisper White card stock. Generously sprinkle Melon Mambo embossing powder over VersaMark Blossom. Pour excess back into jar. Heat with Heat Tool on High until all embossing powder is melted. Punch Melon Mambo flower out with 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle.
4. Punch large Blossom Petals: 6 Pacific Point and 2 Melon Mambo. Punch the Modern Label out of Pacific Point.
5. Stamp sentiment in Melon Mambo on Whisper White card stock and punch out with Word Window Punch. Layer sentiment onto Modern Label with Dimensionals. Layer on the two Melon Mambo Blossom Petalss.
6. Layer the 6 Pacific Point Blossom Petals under the 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle Blossom. I used SNAIL to adhere them.
7. Position sentiment layers and Blossom layers on card front as desired. Adhere with Dimensionals.
8. Admire your lovely card!
You can purchase all the supplies to make this Blossom Card from My Online Store.
This is an elegant, but Quick & Easy Christmas Card. I used the Rejoicing With You stamp set (w#126300 c#126302), VersaMark Ink (#102283), Gold Embossing Powder (#109129), Sticky Strip (#104294), and Champagne Glass Glitter (#120997). The card stock is Cherry Cobbler (#119685) and Brushed Gold (#102935). It took less than 10 minutes to make!
Cherry Cobbler layer 3-3/4″ x 5″
Brushed Gold layer 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
Card Base 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored & folded at 4-1/4″
1. Do your embossing first. Stamp with the VersaMark ink. Cover with Gold Embossing Powder. Put excess embossing powder back in container. Emboss with the Heat Tool (#129053) on High.
2. Place the Sticky Strip in desired position. Remove red backing. Dump on the Glass Glitter and press it into the Sticky Strip with your fingers. Put excess Glass Glitter back into jar.
You can purchase all the elegant ingredients to make this Rejoicing with You card at My Online Store.
I made this elegant birthday for my niece.
Stamps: Creative Elements page 137 w#122645 c#122647
Happiest Birthday Wishes (Hostess) page 10 w#122615 c#122617
Card Stock: Pool Party
Melon Mambo or Regal Rose
Other: Pewter Embossing Powder Holiday Mini page 31 #124114
Melon Mambo Embossing Powder page 201 #123223
Heat Tool page 201 #100005
Basic Pearls page 198 #119247
Stampin’ Sponge page 203 #101610
Very Vanilla 3/8″ Velvet Stitched Ribbon Holiday Mini page 22 #125637
1. Randomly stamp large swirl stamp in VersaMark on Pool Party card front, coat with Pewter embossing powder, heat with Heat Tool. Repeat until swirl pattern covers card front as desired.
2. Stamp 2 flowers in VersaMark on Melon Mambo card stock. Coat with Melon Mambo Embossing Powder. Heat with Heat Tool. Do 1 flower in VersaMark on White card stock. Coat with Melon Mambo embossing powder. Heat with Heat Tool. Cut out all 3 flowers. Slightly curl up the ends using a pencil or something similar.
3. Stamp Border on Very Vanilla card stock. Stamp Happy Birthday just above border. Trim to desired size. Sponge around edges with Melon Mambo. Cut a piece of Island Indigo 1/4″ – 1/2″ larger than Very Vanilla piece. Adhere Very Vanilla to Island Indigo with Dimensionals.
4. Trim Pool Party card front so it is just slightly smaller than 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″. Adhere to 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ Island Indigo card layer. Adhere to Whisper White card base.
5. Place flowers as desired, adhere the outer 2 with Snail and the center 1 with Dimensionals.
6. Trim 5-1/2″ piece of ribbon and angle the ends as desired. Adhere with Snail, sticky strip, or Tombow as desired.
7. Put Dimensionals on the back of the Sentiment piece so you can place it over the Velvet Ribbon. Adhere.
8. Place large Pearls in the center of each flower. Use medium Pearls in the center portion of stamped border as shown. Place small pearls on top of stamped border portion as shown.
9. Admire your elegant birthday card before you give it to someone special!