I decided to tweak THIS Card and make another Awesome card, this time with Butterflies instead of flowers. We will be making this card on Saturday with about 30 ladies who are all beginning stampers. Hope it gives you some ideas for changing your cards.
Original Card: New Card:
Stamps: Big News Wood #134015, Clear #134018, French #135540
Ink: Delightful Dijon
Card Stock: Whisper White
Gold Glimmer Paper #133719
Big Shot: Fluttering Embossing Folder #139304
Punches: Elegant Butterfly #127526
Bitty Butterfly #129406
Scallop Tag Topper #133324
Banner Triple #138292 to make the “V” notch at the end of the tag
Other: Metallic Gold Baker’s Twine #132975
1. Cut your Crushed Curry card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″/ Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Daffodil Delight card front at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Run through your Big Shot with the NEW larger Fluttering embossing folder. Attach to your card base.
3. Cut your Whisper White Tag at 1-3/4″ wide by at least 5-1/2″ long. Stamp your sentiment in Delightful Dijon ink. I stamped mine close to the lower edge and centered it on the tag. I then punched the top end using the Scallop Topper Punch, and the other end with the Banner Triple Punch. OPTION: You can punch the ends first, then do the stamping. Doing this will make it easier to get your sentiment stamped in the center. This is what I will encourage my ladies at class to do.
4. Thread about 6″ of Baker’s Twine through the Tag hole.
5. Punch out a large and small butterfly from Gold Glimmer Paper. Attach with Glue Dots in the desired positions.
6. You are finished and ready to send it to an Awesome someone.
Happy Card Making!
I just love the NEW Blackberry Bliss which is one of the 2014-2016 In Colors. I used the card stock, Ink Pad, Marker, and Stitched Satin Ribbon in Blackberry Bliss. It is such a rich color! Have fun trying it out starting June 2nd when you can order it! Also NEW are the Something to Say stamp set and coordinating punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.
* = Available June 2, 2014
Stamps: *Something to Say w#134177 c#134180
Papillion Potpourri w#132058 c#123759
Ink: *Blackberry Bliss #133642
*Blackberry Bliss Marker #133654 (Set of 5 In Color Markers)
Card Stock: *Blackberry Bliss #133675
*Moonlight Paper Stack (4-1/2″ x 6-1/2″) #133701
Punches: *Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (3 Punches-flower, star, heart) #133787
Bitty Butterfly #129406
Elegant Butterfly #127526
Modern Label #119849
Other: *Blackberry Bliss 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon #133668
*Fast Fuse Adhesive #129026 *Refill #129027
Basic Rhinestones #119246 (Optional)
1. Cut your Blackberry Bliss card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this Video if you need more details.
2. Cut your Moonlight (or other Designer Series Paper) at 2-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Attach with SNAIL leaving about 1/8″ Blackberry Bliss showing at the bottom of your card front.
3. Attach your Stitched Satin Ribbon using the Fast Fuse Adhesive. You can either run a strip on the back of the ribbon or run a strip on the card front. This adhesive is NOT forgiving! Once it touches the paper, the only way to get it off is to tear it off the paper! This is both a pro and a con. Attach it about 1/4″ below the top of your Designer Series Paper.
Tip: Twist the Fast Fuse at the end of the ribbon to disconnect it from the roll. Otherwise you will end up rolling the clear tape holder because a big extra length was pulled off the roll. It will have left a little lump so you will know when you forgot to twist it. 🙂
4. Stamp one Thank You, one large Butterfly, two small butterflies, and three flowers in Blackberry Bliss ink on Whisper White card stock. Punch each image out with the coordinating punch. Use the Modern Label Punch for the Thank You.
5. Lay out all pieces in the desired positions on your card front. Attach the Thank You first.
6. Fold your Butterflies in half. Put two Glue Dots in the center of the large Butterfly and attach to the center top of the card. Position your small Butterflies as desired. Use 2 Glue Dots on the wing touching the card.
7. Round and shape your Flowers. You can do this with the rounded end of your Piercing Tool and your Piercing Mat, or use your hand instead of the piercing mat. I used my Bone Folder: put the flower in the palm of my hand and inserted the point of the Bone Folder into the flower center and turned in around in a circle until the flower was standing up a little. Use a Glue Dot to attach the flowers in the desired position.
8. Put Rhinestones in the center of each flower, on your Butterfly’s head, and on your Thank You if desired.
9. Admire your Elegant Blackberry Bliss Butterfly and Flower card! Make your own today!
Happy Card Making!
I made this card for my Daughter’s and her DH’s first Anniversary. This card would also probably look nice White on White with just a little color on the Butterflies. Give either one a try. I generally use my family members’ favorite colors when I make cards for them.
My DH and I are celebrating our Anniversary today. I will show you the Anniversary Card I made for my DH later this week. We are watching some movies this afternoon, going out to dinner and going to a Big Band Concert that also has singers and swing dancers. It will be a fun day! We will also be joining my Daughter and her husband for a play sometime this month.
Stamps: Papillon Potpourri w#123757 c#123759
Loving Thoughts w#125843 c#125845
Ink: Garden Green
Bashful Blue Marker
Certainly Celery Marker
Card Stock: Midnight Muse
Silver Glimmer Paper
White Vellum Card Stock
Big Shot: Heart Collection Framelits #125599
Lacy Brocade embossing folder #127819
Punch: Elegant Butterfly #127526
Other: SNAIL Adhesive
White Gel Pen #105021
1. Cut yourMidnight Muse card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Gumball Green card front at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Run through your Big Shot with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder. Adhere to card base.
3. Cut the Silver Glimmer Paper with the desired Heart Framelit. Adhere to card front with Dimensionals or SNAIL.
4. Stamp 1 large Butterfly in Midnight Muse ink. Stamp 1 more Butterfly in Garden Green ink. Let air dry for a few minutes or use your Heat Tool if you aren’t feeling very patient. I wasn’t patient and used my Heat Tool on High to dry my ink.
5. Color the back side of your Midnight Muse Butterfly with your Bashful Blue Marker. Color the back of your Garden Green Butterfly with your Certainly Celery Marker. Now you can punch out your Butterflies.
6. Cut strip of Bashful Blue card stock at 1/2″ OR 3/4″ x 5-1/2″ OR 6″. The card has been mailed so I don’t have the actual card to give you accurate measurements. Sorry I didn’t write them down. Stamp your sentiment using Garden Green ink. You can get the notches at the ends of the banner by either cutting the with scissors, using a square punch, or using the Hearts a Flutter Banner Framelit. Adhere with Dimensionals.
7. I wrote on the inside with a White Gel Pen. Make sure and let the ink air dry or dry it with your Heat Tool. I forgot on one of my Valentine’s cards and my grandson keeps asking his mother to read that side of the card too.
8. Admire your Anniversary Card and mail it off to the Happy Couple!