This cute Bunny Treat Holder is perfect for Easter or Spring Treat or Small Gift Giving. It is also really quick to make! So get some Thick Whisper White card stock and some circle and oval Framelits or punches and make one for the people you love.
Marker: Basic Black #1000082
Card Stock: Thick Whisper White
Big Shot: Stitched Shapes Framelits #145372
Adhesive: Tear & Tape
Other: Pencil or pen
Paper Trimmer with Scoring Blade #126889
1. Cut and prepare your papers:
~two large circles from Thick Whisper White card stock. I used the largest Circl Stitched Shapes Framelit. Put both circles together on your Paper Trimmer and trim off 1/2″ This will give you a flat bottom.
~Two Thick Whisper White ovals the size you want for your Bunny Ears. I used the second smallest Stitched Shapes Oval Framelit.
~Two Blushing Bride ovals just smaller than your Bunny Ears. I used the smallest Stitched Shapes Oval Framelit.
~Decide how wide you want your Bunny Treat Holder to be. Mine is 1″ wide. Decide how wide you want the tabs to be. Mine is 3/8″. Double this measurement – 3/4″. So I cut a 1-3/4″ x 8-1/2″ piece to go between the large circles. Score along each 8-1/2″ side at 3/8″ so you have two long tabs. Put the Tear & Tape on the tabs now. Leave the Tape backing on. Fold both Scored Tabs with your Bone Folder. This is your Bunny Width Strip.
2. Prepare & Assemble.
~Choose one of your Circles to be the front. Draw a Bunny Face on it. Don’t worry if it is not perfect. It will give you bunny character and make it even cuter!
~If desired you can add a Bunny Tail to the other circle with a small punched circle or a pom pom.
~Glue a Pink Oval to a Whisper White Oval. Repeat with the next set.
Bunny Width Strip
~Find the center of your Bunny Width Strip either by measuring and marking the tabs at 4-1/4″ or by making light fold marks on the tabs.
~Hold the flat part of your Bunny Face circle next to the center of your Bunny Width Strip. Try to make the Bunny Face even on both sides of the center mark. Mark both the tabs where the outside of the Bunny Face is. I drew a straight line on the tabs. DO NOT cut between these lines!!
~Now cut out “V” shapes every 3/8″ to 1/2″ along both tabs leaving the part you marked in the center flat. These “V” shapes will help eliminate bulk and make it easier to attach to your Bunny Face and Back.
~Now pull off the Tape Backing. Have your Tabs folded up with the Adhesive on the outside.
Attach your Bunny Front and Back to the center of each tab with the part you want showing on the facing outward and the plain sides facing the Bunny Width Strip.
~Decide how far up you want the Bunny Width Strip to go on each side of the Bunny Face and Back.
~ Attach one side of the Tab to both sides of either the Bunny Face or Back up as high as you want. Trim off the excess on both sides. Repeat with the the other Bunny Face or Back.
~Glue the Bunny Ears inside the Bunny Back. I put Tombow Glue on about 1/4″ from the bottom of the Bunny Ear and attached it close to the Bunny Width Strip.
~Fill with Treats or a small gift.
You can get all the supplies to make this Bunny Treat Holder from My Online Store 24/7.
Happy Easter Crafting!
Make this quick Easter Basket using the papers of your choice and the Berry Basket Bigz Die. The Carrot is also pretty quick and easy to make using the Pyramid Pals Thinlits Dies. Get out your Big Shot and have some fun today!
Stamps: Suite Sayings Wood # 140709, Clear #140712
Ink: Blackberry Bliss
Card Stock: Blackberry Bliss
Farmer’s Market Designer Series Paper #138448
Big Shot: Berry Basket Bigz L Die #137366
Pyramid Pals Thinlits Dies #140618
Deco Labels Framelits #130102
Punch: 1/8″ Handheld Circle #134365
Other: Antique Brads #117273
Honeycomb Embellishments #140566
Tear & Tape Adhesive
Watch this Video for basic instructions on putting the Basket together.
1. Cut your Blackberry Bliss at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and Farmer’s Market Designer Series Paper the same or just cut in half for a 6″ x 12″ paper.
2. Cut your papers using your Big Shot and the Berry Basket Die. You can cut two sheets of card stock at once, but only one sheet of Designer Series Paper at a time as the score lines will tear if you do two sheets.
3. Glue the Blackberry Bliss and Farmers Market pieces together for the Berry Basket main parts and the handle. Fold the score lines on the Berry Basket Parts. Decide if you want the patterned paper on the outside or the solid color on the outside. Lay the two Berry Basket parts together and put Tombow Glue or Tear & Tape to attach the bottom Basket Parts together.
4. Put Tear & Tape Adhesive on the outside top edges of each Berry Basket Side. Take the two Scallop Edge pieces. Fold on the score lines. Glue the small tabs to the edge of the other Scallop Edge piece to form a square. Attach each Scallop side to a Basket side centering the Basket side. Repeat on all four sides.
4a. This is the way I should have done it. Glue together a Blackberry Bliss and Farmers Market Straight Piece for the Handle. Punch a 1/8″ Circle in the center of two opposite sides and each end of the Handle. Attach to the Basket with the Antique Brads.
5. If desired, use the Patterned Scallop Pieces around the inside top of the Basket to cover the Brads.
6. Stamp the Easter Blessings in Blackberry Bliss ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut out with the Deco Label Framelit leaving some space above your Easter Blessings. Attach a Honeycomb Embellishment to the top of your Easter greeting with Glue Dots. Attach the Deco Label with to the front of your basket with either Fast Fuse, Tear & Tape, or Tombow Glue making sure the adhesive is only on the part attaching to the basket.
7. Fill with Easter Grass and goodies.
1. Cut out two Pyramid shapes from Tangelo Twist card stock. Fold all score lines the same way for each piece. Rotate the pieces over the bottom square so the plain triangles are opposite each other and the triangles with tabs are across from each other. I found it easier to use Tombow Glue to glue the tabs behind the plain triangles. Press firmly on the sides to make sure they stick together.
2. Cut a 2″ square of Cucumber Crush card stock. Add some Tear & Tape Adhesive along one edge. This will be the bottom. Use your Fringe Scissors to cut down to the Tear & Tape, but not past it. Cut into 1/2″ pieces. Attach to the center of your Carrot Top.
3. Add to your Easter Basket.
We made this pretty Easter card at my last Stamp Class. It has basic coloring with Markers. Some ladies used the back side of the patterned DSP for a more vibrantly colored card.
Stamps: Butterfly Basics Wood #138813, Clear #138816, Photopolymer #137154, MDS #138142, Libre Mariposa #138351, Simplement Papillon #138353
Teeny Tiny Wishes Wood #128748, Clear #127802, MDS #125766
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Markers: Crisp Cantaloupe
Card Stock: Whisper White
Flowerpot Designer Series Paper #133698
Big Shot: Ovals Collection Framelits #129381
Punches: Word Window #119857
Modern Label #119849
Other: Basic Pearls
Fast Fuse OR SNAIL Adhesive
1. Cut your Crisp Cantaloupe card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Choose the pattern of the Designer Series Paper you want and cut it at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Attach to card base with Fast Fuse OR SNAIL Adhesive.
3. Stamp your flower image on Whisper White card stock with black ink. NOTE: Use Memento Black ink with Photopolymer stamps. StayzOn will permanently make them black. Color the flowers with Markers. Due to the shading in the stamps only simple coloring is needed to make the flower look great!
4. Choose the desired Oval Framelit to cut out your flower. Yes, I cut off part of the stem. Choose the next larger Oval Framelit and use it to cut your Crisp Cantaloupe mat. Put Dimensionals on the back of both Ovals and layer them together.
5. Stamp Happy Easter in Black ink on Whisper White card stock. Punch out with the Word Window Punch. Punch the mat from Crisp Cantaloupe card stock using the Modern Label Punch. Attach your sentiment with Fast Fuse or SNAIL Adhesive. Put Dimensionals on the back. I usually use three half Dimensionals on the back of the Modern Label piece.
6. Lay out your Ovals and sentiment in the desired positions and then attach them.
7. Happy Easter!
Happy Easter Card Making!