Here is a fun Christmas Ornament to make using the Curvy Keepsakes Box Thinlit and the Mosaic Punch. Just choose two colors of Glimmer Paper. I like to make each of my family members an ornament each year. This one will be quick and easy. It can also be mailed flat in a larger envelope.
Card Stock: Whisper White
Red Glimmer Paper
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
Big Shot: Curvy Keepsakes Box Thinlit #135853
Bitty Banners Framelits #129267
Punch: Mosaic #131267
Other: Bone Folder
Baker’s Twine or Ribbon or tree hook
Stack of books 🙂 (Well, you can save one out to read while waiting.)
1. Cut your Curvy Keepsakes Box out. I would recommend just cutting a single layer. Have the Glimmer Paper facing up for both pieces. You will need two 6-1/4″ x 6″ pieces of Glimmer Paper. Watch this video for Curvy Box Basics.
Tip: Box Shaping with Bone Folder Note: Put your thumb or finger on the fold line when shaping your box with the Bone Folder otherwise the Glimmer separates from the backing and you have to glue it together.
2. Attaching the pieces together: Glue the bottom pieces together as shown in the video. Add the Punched Mosiac Pieces about 1/4″ above the fold line.
Tip: Tombow had a harder time sticking together, so I placed the glued pieces flat on the counter with a sandwich baggie on top. I then added a stack of books and left to start writing this post and have some breakfast. You can stack multiple Ornaments under the same stack of books – Just remember to separate them with a baggie so they don’t stick together.
3. Optional: Stamp a sentiment and punch it out. Add to one of the rounded handles with Baker’s Twine if you want them to open the Ornament OR tie it on through both handles after the box is assembled so it can remain in box shape. Put your Ornament together.
4. Some wait time, but totally worth it for your Sparkly Ornament! Just add either a Tree Hook, Ribbon, or Baker’s Twine to hold it on your Christmas Tree.
Happy Christmas Decorating!
Here is a Punch Art Curvy Keepsakes Turkey Box just in time for Thanksgiving! It is fairly easy with a printout to use for the front of the Turkey and the wings. The print out uses MDS Harvest of Thanks stamp brush set which is enlarged to fit the size of the Curvy Keepsakes box.
Printout of Turkey body and wings
Card Stock: Whisper White
Big Shot: Curvy Keepsakes Box Thinlits dies #135853
Feathers Framelits Dies #135852
Other: Fast Fuse Adhesive
1. Cut your Chocolate Chip card stock in half: two 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ pieces. Make your Big Shot sandwich: Magnetic Platform (OR Multipurpose Platform with tabs closed), cutting plate, both pieces of card stock-stacked, Curvy Keepsake Box Die, top cutting plate. Run thought Big Shot. Watch this VIDEO for more details on making a Basic Curvy Keepsake Box. Fold up and close your Box. It makes it easier to add the pieces in the correct position.
2. Print up the Turkey Body and Wings page onto Whisper White card stock or 24 pound white printer paper. (Printer paper used here.) Cut out the Turkey Bodies. Lay the Curvy Box on its side so the handle is parallel to the table. Lay one Turkey Body under the Curvy Box in the position you want it. Draw a line where the Turkey Body meets the Curvy Box. Fold on the line you drew. Add a 1/4″ tab to add adhesive. (I also cut a “V” shape in the center of the line to reduce bulk when adding the Turkey body to the Box.) Use Tombow Glue to glue the very front part of the Turkey Body together – from the head to in front of the feet. Add Tombow to one of Body Flaps and overlap the other Turkey Body flaps. Add Tombow Glue to the other flap and attach it to the Box (which is now standing upright) so the Turkey feet are at least close to touching your table. Use your Bone Folder between the Turkey Body pieces to make sure the Tombow Glue is on the Curvy Box. Yipee! The hard part is done!
3. Using the scraps from your Curvy Box cut out 4 small feathers and 8 large feathers. You can still have the card stock in two layers – so cut out 2 small feathers and 4 large feathers on the doubled card stock. You can sponge the edges of your feathers if desired. I forgot, but wished I would have. Half the feathers use the front of the feather, the other half you see the back – so sponge accordingly.
4. Use either Tombow or Glue Dots to attach the 4 small feather together in a fan shape. Attach in the position you want on the back of the Turkey. Add a few Dimemsionals to the back of the small feather fan. Now attach the large feathers in a fan shape with Tombow or Glue Dots. Attach to the small feather fan using the Dimensionals and either Glue Dots or Tombow Glue.
5. Now cut out your Turkey wings and attach them to the sides of your Turkey Box. Put your Turkey Box on display!
Happy Thanksgiving Crafting!
This video shows you how to make the Basic Curvy Keepsakes Box. Now you will have the foundation to make all those cute critters you find on Pinterest! A customer suggested making a “Jack ‘O Lantern from Vellum with a battery-operated tealight inside shown lighted in the picture with the dark background. I did sponge the outside with Tangerine Tango ink and used a battery-operated tealight with an Orange base and flame which helps add more orange color to the Pumpkin.
Video Time is about 9.5 minutes
Stamps: Good Greetings (Limited Edition Hostess set with $300 Party or Order until October 31, 2014)
Card Stock: Coastal Cabana
Card Stock Vellum
Ink: Bermuda Bay
Big Shot: Curvy Keepsakes Box Thinlit Dies #135853
Other: Silver Metallic Baker’s Twine #132976
1/8″ Hole Punch #134365
Punched Vellum Flower with Vintage Faceted Button
Note: One of these little boxes can hold 8 Hershey Nuggets if you stack/cram them in properly.
1. Use the Bone Folder to round the box sides BEFORE you attach the pieces together.
2. Put the adhesive on the 2 sides connected to the rounded corner of each bottom piece. I used Fast Fuse which is working well after a couple of weeks.
Happy Curvy Box Creating!