The Balloon Adventures Bundle is really fun to use! Make this simple Celebration card with just a few supplies to celebrate a birthday or other occasion.
*Bundle #144708: Balloon Adventures stamp set + Balloon Pop-Up Thinlits. Bundle available until May 31, 2017
Stamps: *Balloon Adventures Photopolymer #142823
Inks: Tempting Turquoise
Whisper White Craft #101731
Card Stock: Thick Whisper White
Big Shot: *Balloon Pop-Up Thinlits #142753
Punch: Project Life Corner Rounder #135346
Adhesive: Stampin’ Dimensionals
1. Cut your Thick Whisper White card base ar 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. SCORE and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Balloon shape out of Tempting Turquoise card stock. The sides will need to be cut along the embossed edge lines with either your Paper Trimmer or scissors.
~Balloons in Whisper White ink. Whisper White Craft ink takes a little longer to dry so avoid touching it for a few minutes.
~Banner in Tempting Turquoise ink
~Let’s Celebrate in Island Indigo ink
4. Round all four corners with the Corner Rounder Punch.
5. Put Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back. Attach to card front.
Try this quick and easy Watercolor Technique using Markers and your Aqua Painter to make this cute Koala Bear Card.
Stamps: Kind Koala Wood #134360
Inks: Black StazOn
Markers: Chocolate Chip
Baked Brown Sugar (retiring June 2, 2015) OR Soft Suede
Crisp Cantaloupe (retiring June 2, 2015)
Daffodil Delight OR Crushed Curry
Card Stock: Whisper White OR Watercolor Paper
Big Shot: Honeycomb Embossing Folder #129378
Punch: Corner Rounder #135346
Other: Aqua Painter #103954
Stampin’ Paper Trimmer
1. Cut your Whisper White card stock or Watercolor Paper at 2-1/8″ x 3-3/4″. I used Whisper White card stock which warped due to the water. You can also use Watercolor Paper to keep your paper more flat.
2. Stamp your Koala Bear with the Black StayzOn ink.
3. Color your Koala Bear. I used the Chocolate Chip Marker on the left side and colored about 1/8″ along the left side lines-paws, tummy, face, and around the outside edges of his ears. Next use your Baked Brown Sugar or Soft Suede Marker to color about 1/8″ next to the Chocolate Chip on his body and face. Use your Crumb Cake Marker to color in the rest of his body, face, and ears. Use your Crisp Cantaloupe Marker to color the center of his ears. The Basic Gray Marker is for his nose. You might as well color the flower with a yellow Marker. I just colored the petal tips. (I just noticed I forgot to color the center of the flower. You might want to do that now. I think I will just add some Dazzling Details to it.)
3. Place your card stock or water color paper on top of several layers of paper as the water will soak through and the color will bleed through and can stain your surface. Fill your Aqua Painter with water. Press against the paper towel while gently squeezing to start your water flowing through the tip. “Color” each part of the Koala and flower to get the look you want. You can either start at the darker colors like I did, OR start with the lighter colors. Use circular motions to blend the colors and get the gradual shading effect. Don’t worry if you go outside the lines a little – watercoloring does that. I did not use the Aqua Painter on the inside of his ears. Set aside to dry.
4. Cut your Crisp Cantaloupe card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
5. Cut your Crisp Cantaloupe card front at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Run through your Big Shot with your embossing folder. Glue to your card base.
6. Cut your Soft Suede card layer at 2-1/2″ x 4-1/8″. Use the Corner Rounder Punch to round all the corners. Put Dimensionals on the back.
6. When your Koala is dry, use the Corner Rounder Punch to round all the corners. Put Dimensionals on the back edge and center. Attach to the Soft Suede layer, then to your card base.
7. You can also emboss the flap of your envelope using the same embossing folder you used on your card front. Watch this video for instructions.