This Sketch Challenge Card uses the Picture Perfect Designer Series Paper along with some Glimmer Paper. Change the look by using different patterned paper, ribbon instead of the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, and another shape instead of the squares for your sentiment. Post your creation on my Facebook Page under the Sketch #13 Thread starting tomorrow afternoon.
Stamps: Confetti Celebration Wood Mount #141510, Clear Mount #142034
Picture Perfect Photopolymer #145519
Inks: Island Indigo
Cardstock: Whisper White
Picture Perfect Party 6×6 Designer Series Paper (DSP) #145559
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper #135315
Gold Glimmer Paper #133719
Big Shot: Layering Squares Framelits #141708
Adhesives: Fast Fuse or SNAIL
~Pool Party card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″
~DSP at 2″ x 5-1/2″. Attach to card base next to the fold line.
~Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper at 3/4″ x 5-1/2″. Attach slightly overlapping the bottom of the DSP.
2. Stamp your sentiment in Island Indigo ink on Whisper White cardstock. Cut out with the Square Framelit that best fits. Stamp your decorative short border stamp from the Picture Perfect stamp set in Pool Party ink.
3. Cut a larger square from Gold Glimmer Paper. Layer the two squares together with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Put Stampin’ Dimensionals on the bottom and attach to your card front.
This Hooray Happy Birthday Card uses the NEW Confetti Celebration stamp set. The background uses the Confetti embossing folder and your NEW Emerald Envy ink pad and card stock. Have fun making this card for the next birthday in your family!
*=available June 1, 2016
Stamps: *Confetti Celebration Wood #141510, Clear #142034
Ink: *Emerald Envy #141396
Card Stock: *Emerald Envy #141415
Big Shot: Confetti embossing folder #140592
Ovals Collection Framelits (retiring) # (After June 1st use the *Layering Ovals Framelits #141706)
Mini Treat Bag Thinlits #137547 (For Happy Birthday Banner)
Punches: 2″ Circle #133782
Confetti Star #135861
Adhesives: Tombow Glue
1. Cut your Emerald Green card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this Video if you want more instructions on making a card base.
2. Cut your Whisper White card stock at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Get your embossing folder. Find the smooth side where the parts to be embossed are lower than the flat part. Use your Emerald Envy ink pad to ink up this side of your embossing folder. Don’t worry about keeping the center oval clean as it will be covered up. Put your Whisper White card stock on the UNINKED side of the embossing folder and get it in the position you want – with the Oval in the center. Close your embossing folder and run through your Big Shot. Set aside to dry. Clean your embossing folder with running water from your sink.
3. Stamp “Hooray” and “Happy Birthday” in Emerald Envy ink on Whisper White card stock. Punch out the Hooray with a 2″ Circle Punch. Cut out the Happy Birthday with the Banner Framelit from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits set. Put Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of both pieces.
4. Choose the Oval Framelit that fits best inside the Oval on the embossing folder and cut it out of Emerald Envy card stock.
5. Now it is time to put everything together and turn it into a card.
~Use Tombow Glue to attach your embossed card stock to your card base. Center it so the card base shows equally around your embossed piece.
~Add your cut out Oval over the Oval space on your embossed piece. I used Tombow Glue.
~Decide the position of your “Hooray” and “Happy Birthday”. Remove the Stampin’ Dimensional backs and attach.
6. If you are like me and did not leave enough room on both sides of your Happy Birthday so it could be in the center when you cut it out, then you can punch out a few Stars from the Confetti Stars Punch and glue them to your Happy Birthday Banner. 😉
Have fun making your own Hooray Happy Birthday Card to celebrate the next birthday in your family or for a friend!
Happy Card Making!