I love the Nordic Noel Designer Series Paper which is perfect for Christmas Cards. You can use the paper of your choice and have a card just as nice and use it for any occasion.
Stamps: Christmas Bliss Photopolymer #138897
Ink: Real Red
Card Stock: Garden Green
Nordic Noel Designer Series Paper #135822
Big Shot: Chalk Talk Framelits #129983
Other: Nordic Designer Buttons #135836
Cherry Cobbler 1″ Sheer Linen Ribbon #135839
Fast Fuse OR SNAIL Double-sided Adhesive
1. Cut your Garden Green card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and Fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this video for more instructions.
2. Cut your Designer Series Paper at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Place your Ribbon about 1″ from the bottom edge. Attach about 1/2″ on the back of your DSP with SNAIL or Glue Dots, then wrap around the front of the DSP and attach the other end on the back of the DSP. Attach this card layer to your card base.
3. Stamp “Merry Christmas” in Real Red ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut out with the coordinating Chalk Talk Framelit. Put Dimensionals on the back.
4. Cut a piece of Garden Green card stock at 1-11/16″ x 4-1/2″. Use the Chalk Talk Framelit of the same width to cut the ends. (I think it is the 2nd largest width-wise.) Watch the Big Shot Basics Video 1 starting at 5:43 to see how this is done. Using a Magnetic Frame makes it even easier. Put Dimensionals on the back. Add your Merry Christmas to the front.
5. Tie some Linen Thread through the button holes and tie one knot. Attach your Buttons to the Garden Green Chalk Talk label with 2 Glue Dots on the back of each button.
6. Your Christmas Card is finished.
Variations: This card design can be used for any occasion. Change the papers, stamps, and embellishments to fit the occasion you need a card for.
Happy Christmas Card Making!
Here is a Christmas Card with a twist on the Triple Time Stamping Technique using Framelits instead of cutting rectangles. This card also uses a single image stamp instead of lots of different stamps so this is a quick and easy card to make lots of. Enjoy!
Stamps: The Newborn King wood #135110 clear #135113 French #136976 Spanish #136973
Christmas Bliss Photopolymer #138897
Ink: Garden Green Marker
Chocolate Chip Marker
Melon Mambo Marker
Night of Navy Marker
Crushed Curry Marker
Real Red ink pad
Card Stock: Whisper White
Big Shot: Oval Collection Framelits #129381
Decorative Dots embossing folder #133520
Punch: Decorative Label #120907
Other: Stamp-a-ma-jig #101049
1. Cut your Whisper White card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Cut your Whisper White card front at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Run through your Big Shot with the Decorative Dots embossing Folder. Glue to card base.
2. You will be using all the Oval Framelits except the Large Scallop – that leaves six. The smallest one will be Whisper White card stock. The 2nd from the smallest will be Garden Green card stock, the 3rd from the smallest will be Whisper White, the 4th from the smallest will be Garden Green, the 5th from the smallest will be Whisper White, the 6th from the smallest will be Garden Green. You can cut all 3 shapes from the same color at the same time.
3. Stack the Whisper White Ovals in order using some SNAIL Adhesive (which you touch a couple of times so it is easier to remove). I usually use about 1/4″ length on each side so the card stock stays in place.
4. Stamp your image on your Stamp-a-ma-jig. More instructions in THIS VIDEO. Position it so the stable and Baby Jesus is in the center of the smallest Oval. Leave the imaging sheet and Handle in place while you color your stamp with Markers. (You can use just one ink pad for the whole stamp if you want to. That will make it even quicker.
~Garden Green: Tree tops and shrubs
~Chocolate Chip: Tree Trunks, stable, Baby Jesus’ head
~Night of Navy-Joseph
~Melon Mambo: Mary
Breath on the stamp several times to remoisten the ink. Readjust Stamp-a-ma-jig if necessary. Remove imaging sheet and stamp. Color in the stable with the brush tip of the Chocolate Chip Marker and make thin lines on the tree trunks with the fine tip.
5. Insert the Garden Green Ovals with the stamped Whisper White Ovals. Use SNAIL or Fast Fuse or Tombow Glue. Add Dimensionals to the back of the largest Oval. Set aside.
6. Stamp your sentiment in Real Red ink on Whisper White card stock. My strip of card stock is 1-1/2″ tall and was around 3″ long to start with. Use the Decorative Label Punch to punch the ends of your sentiment strip.
7. Place Ovals and sentiment in desired positions. Attach the Ovals with Dimensionals. Add Dimensionals to the back of the lower edge of your sentiment and Fast Fuse or Tombow Glue to the back of the top part.
8. Now for some sparkle! Add Dazzling Details to all the embossed dots that still show up on your card front. You can also “dot your I” and add some to the inside of the swirls on your sentiment. Set aside to dry.
9. You now have a wonderful Christmas card to give to someone special.
Happy Christmas Card Making!