I love the Nordic Noel Designer Series Paper which is perfect for Christmas Cards. You can use the paper of your choice and have a card just as nice and use it for any occasion.
Stamps: Christmas Bliss Photopolymer #138897
Ink: Real Red
Card Stock: Garden Green
Nordic Noel Designer Series Paper #135822
Big Shot: Chalk Talk Framelits #129983
Other: Nordic Designer Buttons #135836
Cherry Cobbler 1″ Sheer Linen Ribbon #135839
Fast Fuse OR SNAIL Double-sided Adhesive
1. Cut your Garden Green card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and Fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this video for more instructions.
2. Cut your Designer Series Paper at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Place your Ribbon about 1″ from the bottom edge. Attach about 1/2″ on the back of your DSP with SNAIL or Glue Dots, then wrap around the front of the DSP and attach the other end on the back of the DSP. Attach this card layer to your card base.
3. Stamp “Merry Christmas” in Real Red ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut out with the coordinating Chalk Talk Framelit. Put Dimensionals on the back.
4. Cut a piece of Garden Green card stock at 1-11/16″ x 4-1/2″. Use the Chalk Talk Framelit of the same width to cut the ends. (I think it is the 2nd largest width-wise.) Watch the Big Shot Basics Video 1 starting at 5:43 to see how this is done. Using a Magnetic Frame makes it even easier. Put Dimensionals on the back. Add your Merry Christmas to the front.
5. Tie some Linen Thread through the button holes and tie one knot. Attach your Buttons to the Garden Green Chalk Talk label with 2 Glue Dots on the back of each button.
6. Your Christmas Card is finished.
Variations: This card design can be used for any occasion. Change the papers, stamps, and embellishments to fit the occasion you need a card for.
Happy Christmas Card Making!
I am loving the Chalk Talk Stamp Set and Framelits! The Modern Medley Designer Series Paper has a music score as one of it’s patterns. I decided to combine the two and add some Washi Tape and a Simply Pressed Clay Button. What do you think?
Stamps: Chalk Talk w#130631 c#130634 (Bundle with Framelits w#132731 c#132730)
Ink: Black StayzOn
Real Red Marker
Card Stock: Real Red
Whisper White to stamp on
Modern Medley Designer Series Paper #126926
Big Shot: Chalk Talk Framelits #129983 (See Bundles above)
Other: Epic Day Washi Tape #131269
Simply Pressed Clay #130685 shaped into the button mold and dried
Buttons & Blossoms Simply Pressed Cleay Molds #131272
Stampin’ Mist #102394
StayzOn Cleaner #109196
Very Vanilla 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon (oops, retired!)
1. Cut your Real Red Card Base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and Fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Modern Medley Music Score at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Adhere to card front.
3. Ink up your Chalk Talk stamp with Black StayzOn ink. Lay your inked stamp rubber side up. Lay your Whisper White card stock on top of the inked stamp. Hold card stock in place with a finger or two. Rub the card stock with a clear mount block. Move fingers to the other side and rub the rest of your card stock well, p aying special attention to the edges and corners if you want a crisp look. Remove card stock from inked stamp.
4. Cut out Chalk Talk image with coordinating Framlit and your Big Shot. (The Big Shot Magnetic Platform is REALLY nice for use with Framelits!)
5. Put Dimensionals on the back of your Chalk Talk image and adhere to card front. Add Washi Tape as desired.
6. Color the dried Simply Pressed Clay Button with your Real Red Marker. Adhere to card with several Glue Dots. Tie a knot in the ribbon and adhere it to your button with several Glue Dots.
7. Admire your fun and trendy card!
All the supplies to make this card can be purchased from My Online Store.