I earned this Hostess CD with my last order! It is such a fun My Digital Studio digital kit which can be used all year round Just by changing the papers and words used! This little box took me less than 15 minutes to make. Most of that time was spent looking for my Sticky Strip. I guess I need to clean off my table again. I have also included a Stampin’ Up! video that shows more things you can do with this digital kit. Note: This little box contains 20 Hershey Kisses.
SUPPLIES: My Digital Studio or other digital papercrafting program
Printer to print the box
Savor the Season limited time CD #127752 $16 Hostess dollars (available through December 31st with a personal order of $150 or more OR a workshop with orders totaling $150 or more)
1 sheet Whisper White 8-1/2″ x 11″ card stock
Scrap of Whisper White and Riding Hood Red card stock for stamping and punching
All Holidays stamp set -retired
DIRECTIONS: Version 1. Designer Template 1a. Open up My Digital Studio. (Click “Next” after each selection.) Select “Multiple Output Options.” Then select “8-1/2″ x 11″ Portrait.” Select “Designer” Template. Scroll down to and select “Savor the Season-Gift Box.” You will see the 3 box choices in this template. Add or remove pages as desired. You can also add pages later if you want. Choose “Insert photos individually.” Type in a title for your project. Select finish. 1b. Choose the box you want from the thumbnails at the bottom. You can add a punch if you want. On my test version (done after I made my box), I added a Decorative Label punch which I colored Riding Hood Red with the “Merry Christmas” from the Bells and Boughs digital stamp set. I did change the color of the stamp to Whisper White so you could actually read it. 1c. Print. Cut. Score. Assemble. I used my paper trimmer to cut all the straight lines and cut the angles with my paper snips. Line up the straight edges and score. Put sticky strip on the tabs and fold in. You are done in less than 10 minutes! Version 2. Digital Punch
2a. Open up My Digital Studio. (Click “Next” after each selection.) Select “Multiple Output Options.” Then select “8-1/2″ x 11″ Portrait.” Select “Create Your Own” Template. Go to “Punches.” Go to “Extras” and select “Savor the Season-Gift Box.” (When selecting elements in My Digital Studio, you can either double click and then select “Close” OR you can highlight the item and select “Apply.”) 2b.Next click on the gray punch shape so you see the little “Resizing squares” at the edges and corners of your “paper.” Choose either “Color Fill” to make a solid card stock color, OR “Paper Fill” to fill with a digital Designer Series Paper, OR “Color Match” to match a certain color in a photo or other item you have placed on the screen. 2c. Add any other elements you want to the page. 2d. Print. Cut. Score. Assemble. I used my paper trimmer to cut all the straight lines and cut the angles with my paper snips. Line up the straight edges and score. Put sticky strip on the tabs and fold in. You are done in less than 10 minutes!
Savor the Season Ensemble Content Content CD Includes:
· 36-piece stamp brush set
· 10 Designer Series Paper patterns
· 8 embellishments
· 4 punches
· 3 designer templates (2 greeting cards and 1 postcard)
· 20 décor template pages (Use to make paper gift bows, banners, mini boxes, treat labels, and more.)
If you have ever wanted to try some My Digital Studio products, now is your chance! If you are currently using another scrapbooking program, such as PhotoShop Elements, THIS FLYER will tell you how to download it (Look at the bottom).
NOW FOR MY POST!
We made these cards at my last class. Mine is the first one. My daughter-in-law stepped hers up a bit, so I am showing hers also.
Here is Kristi’s stepped up version.
SUPPLIES: Stamps: Stitched Stockings (Holiday Mini) page 34 w#123782 c#123784
Bright Hopes (Holiday Mini) page 32 w#122690 c#122692
Woodgrain page 151 #117100 Inks: Garden Green
Early Espresso (Kristi’s-woodgrain on mantle) Card Stock: Whisper White
Basic Black (Kristi’s-fireplace center)
Cherry Cobbler (Kristi’s-rug) Punch: Stocking Builder (Holiday Mini) page 34 #124095 Big Shot: Top Note die (fireplace mantle) page 222 #113463
Stripes embossing folder page 218 #123128
Square Lattice embossing folder page 218 #119976
non SU scalloped oval Nestability for rug Embellishments: Mini Jingle Bells (Holiday Mini) page 30 #124116
Cherry Cobbler 1/2″ Scallop Dots Ribbon page 195 #124138
Basic Pearls page 198 #119247
Real Red 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon page 195 #119251 (Kristi’s)
Cherry Cobbler/White Baker’s Twine page 194 #123125 (Kristi’s)
VersaMark Ink pad, Black Embossing powder page 201 #109133 (Kristi’s-rug sentiment)
Black marker (Kristi’s-around rug)
non SU: Red Sharpie marker
1. Stamp wreath in Garden Green on Whisper White card front (4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″). Position in Stripes embossing folder making sure top portion with wreath is positioned as desired. Color pearls with Red Sharpie marker as place as desired on wreath. I also used some white pearls. I used the smallest size. Tie desired ribbon in a knot or bow. Adhere to wreath with glue dots. 2. Run Basic Gray card stock (2-1/2″ x 4-1/4″), and Basic Black card stock (about 2″square) if desired, through Big Shot using Square Lattice embossing folder. Adhere to bottom of card front for your fireplace. 3. Cut River Rock “mantle” (3/4″ or 1″ x 4-1/2″) using Top Note die, being sure to cut the longest side. Stamp Woodgrain on with Early Espresso ink if desired. Adhere to card front: flat-use Snail; for 3D effect: place one Dimensional at edge then place 2 Dimensionals stacked together next to the 1 Dimensional (do at both side edges and in center). You want the top of the mantle to be close to the striped embossed card stock, and you want the mantle raised/higher toward the Gray card stock. Hopefully this is clearer than mud. 🙂 4. Stamp stockings on Whisper White cardstock and decorate as desired. Punch with Stocking punch. If using Baker’s twine, punch hole with Paper Piercing tool and thread twine through hole and tie a bow (You can also pierce a hole in the mantle to attach the stockings with Baker’s twine). If using Mini Jingle Bells, adhere with glue dots. 5a.If you want a flat card, attach the whole card front to the 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ Whisper White card base. You are finished! 5b.If you want an Easel Card: score the 4-1/4″ x 11″ Whisper White card base at around 3″ (depending on how you want you easel) and 5-1/2″. Fold as shown in picture. Lay the card front over the card base with the extra fold. Adhere card front to the card base at the lower half only-the top needs to be adhesive free so the card can stand up properly. (See photo) Now make a rug using the Nestability, an oval punch or die cut, or a rectangle piece of card stock. It needs to be wide enough and deep enough to look nice in front of the fireplace and to help your card stand up at the desired angle. Stamp or decorate as desired. Adhere with Dimensionals. Stand it up and admire your beautiful card. Happy Stamping!
Today is Halloween….. The day for little Trick or Treaters to dress up and get far too much candy! Here are some Treats for you!
Stampin’ Up! has extended the “Join Stampin’ Up! and get either a Free Big Shot or $100 worth of merchandise” deal until November 11th! Now that is a great “Treat”!
SUPPLIES: Stamps: Spooky Bingo Bits page 25 w#123944 c#123946
Warmest of Wishes (Holiday Mini Hostess) page 5 w#122670 c#122572 Card Stock: Cajun Craze
Whisper White Inks: Basic Black
Early Espresso Punches: Owl Builder page 213 #118074
1-1/4″ Circle page 212 #119861
2-3/8″ Scallop Circle page 210 #118872
1-3/4″ Scallop Circle page 210 #119854 Other: 1″ x 8″ Cellophane Bags (50) (Holiday Mini) page 11 #124134
Mini Glue Dots
1. Stamp images and punch as desired. 2. To fill bags: Cut a 1″ x 11″ piece of computer paper and fold in half lengthwise. Slide inside bag. Add candy using a chopstick or something similar to help slide the candy to the bottom ot the bag. Adhere flap. Attach toppers with Mini Glue Dots. 3. Enjoy!
As a special treat today, I also have a card for you. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
SUPPLIES: Stamps: Scaredy Cat page 23 w#122555 c#122557 Inks: Basic Black
Tangerine Tango Papers: Old Olive card base, rectangle under “Happy Halloween”
Basic Black 5-1/4″ x 4″
Frightful Sight DSP page 22 #122351 5″ x 3-3/4″ Glimmer Brads page 199: Basics (Black) #121003
Brights (Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie) #121006 Punches: 1-3/4″ Scallop Circle page 210 #119854
1-3/8″ Circle page 212 #119860 Tools: Mat Pack page 207 #105826
Paper Piercing Tool page 207 #116631
1. Adhere DSP to Basic Black Card Layer. Adhere to card base.
Stamp Happy Halloween in Tangerine Tango onto Whisper White card stock. Trim around as desired. Place onto scrap of Old Olive and trim Old Olive as desired. Using the Mat Pack hole grid, line up small holes in area where brads are. The second row of holes is where you want the brads so place as desired. Go in 6 holes from the right side and pierce hole. Then count over 5 more holes going to the left and pierce. Move over 5 more holes to the left and pierce last hole. Remove hole grid. Widen holes with piercing tool. Check to see if brad tabs separate. If they don’t use piercing tool to help spread the tabs apart by placing the pointy part under the tabs and slide it up to separate tabs. Be careful of the point! Insert brads. Place Dimensionals on the back and adhere to front of DSP. 2. Color Cat with Basic Black marker and stamp onto Whisper White card stock. Punch with circle punch. Punch Scallop Circle from Basic Black. Adhere Cat to Scallop Circle. Place Dimensionals on back and adhere to card front. 3. Have a Happy Halloween!
Watch in the coming weeks for some exciting new parts coming to my blog! If you want the information as I get it finished, please register for my Newsletter and fill out both parts of the registration.
I made this cute little birthday box a while back. I love to give friends a little chocolate for their birthdays. This little box is perfect! It holds 5 Lindor Truffles or lots of other goodies!
Stamps: Lighthearted (Holiday Mini) page 35 w#120274 c#121157
Happiest Birthday Wishes page 10 Hostess w#122619 c#122617 Card Stock: Marina Mist
Night of Navy
Whisper White Ink: Night of Navy Big Shot: Box #2 Bigz XL die page 221 #114518 Punches: Large Tag page 209 #119876
Extra Large Tag page 209 #119866
1″ Circle page 212 #119868 Extras: Cherry Cobbler/White Baker’s Twine page 194 #123125
1. Cut the Box #2 out of Marina Mist with your Big Shot and XL Cutting Pads. Stamp sentiment from Lighthearted on box top using the tab as the bottom so your sentiment will be facing the correct direction when the box is assembled. 2. Stamp Birthday Cake image on Whisper White card stock. Punch using the Large Tag punch. Pierce or punch a small hole into the top of your white tag. Fold a small 3-4″ piece of Baker’s Twine in half. Insert the folded twine from the back through the pierced hole to the front. Insert both twine ends through the folded part of the twine and pull tight. Use the Extra Large Tag punch with the Night of Navy card stock. Adhere the two tags with Dimensionals. 3. Stamp “Happy Birthday Dear You” with Night of Navy ink onto a scrap of Marina Mist leftover from cutting the box #2. Use the circle punch to round both ends. Use the Night of Navy ink pad or a marker to go around the edges. Adhere the Birthday Cake Tag and the Sentiment to the front of the box using Dimensionals. 4. Assemble box by putting sticky strip on the small side tab. Adhere to other side of box. To assemble the box bottom: First tuck in the long side that has the indent, then do both short sides, and finally, tuck the last side with the part that pokes out by inserting the part that pokes out under the indented part. 5. Fill with treats or small gift as desired. 6. Admire your cute gift box before you give it away. Happy Stamping!
I love the variety of things you can use this cute, little mini Milk Carton die for. This time it will be nice for Halloween Treats. SUPPLIES: Stamps: Got Treats page 65 w#119114 c#120627 Card Stock: Cajun Craze 8-1/2″ x 6″
Whisper White 1-5/16″ square (2 squares) Ink: Basic Black Markers: Always Artichoke
Tangerine Tango Big Shot: Mini Milk Carton Bigz L Die page 221 #117310
Embellishments: Clips Assortment page 197 #112580 Other: Sticky Strip
Directions: 1. Cut out Mini Milk Carton with Big Shot. 2. Fold on all score lines with your Bone Folder 3. Stamp “To Open” on top of carton inside wide triangle sections towards center section. 4. Stamp sentiment in center section under “To Open” so it will be on opposite sides. 5. Color the “Got Treats pumpkin” with markers and stamp on both Whisper White Squares using a Stamp-a-ma-jig if desired. 6. Attach to milk carton. 7. Lay milk carton with stamped images facing up. Put Sticky Strip on side tab. Turn milk carton over so stamped images are facing down. Place sticky strip on 3 of the bottom tabs. I usually put Sticky Strip around all the edges of one of the side tabs and a diagonal piece of Sticky Strip on the 2 tabs next to it, leaving the other end tab clean. The clean tab will be the first tab folded up. But before you do that……. 8. Fold part of the Milk Carton over so the side tab is in the center. Remove the red part of the Sticky Strip. Fold the other half so the tab is slightly covered by the edge to form a box shape. Move it to a square position. Remove the red parts of the Sticky Strip from the bottom tabs. Fold up the “Clean” bottom tab, then the two center tabs-one at a time, then the very bottom one that has more Sticky Strip on it. Use you bone folder to press the bottom from the inside of the box to help your Sticky Strip adhere well. 9. Fill with treats of your choice. Hold the top closed with the Clip. 10. Admire your Halloween Candy Carton before you give it to some lucky person.
This is a cute little basket I made for my Newsletter recipients.
As a Newsletter Subscriber, each month I will give you at least 2 projects that will not be on my blog. September will also include a New Product Review. I will also include Current Stampin’ Up Promotions. My Class Schedule will also be included for my local subscribers.
Click on the “Request My Newsletter” above and request to be added to my Newsletter List. This will be included in my September 2011 Newsletter. You will receive the Template, the supply list, and instructions as part of my newsletter. There will also be instructions for a Fall Card.
I made this before I figured out what it could hold. I am told it can hold a gift card. But I tried chocolate – it holds 2 Ghiradelli chocolates! Apparently I have been in a Garden Green mood this week!
SUPPLIES: Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes (Hostess) page 10 w#122615 c#122617
Card Stock: Daffodil Delight
Whisper White Markers: Garden Green
Chocolate Chip Big Shot: Petite Pocket Bigz XL die page 221 #123131 Punches: 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle punch page 210 #118874
1-3/4″ Scallop Circle punch page 210 #119854 Ribbon: 1/8″ Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon page 195 #119254 Brads: 5/16″ Jumbo Brads-Neutrals page 199 #112534 Tools: Mat pack page 207 #105826
Paper Piercing Tool page 207 #116631 Adhesive: I used Sticky Strip, but would recommend Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue page 206 #110755
Directions: 1. Cut Daffodil Delight card stock 3-1/2″ x 11″ and place over Pocket portion of die. Use scrap of Garden Green card stock 1″ x 2″ and place over circles on die. Run through Big Shot. 2. Punch 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle in Garden Green card stock. 3. Use Garden Green and Chocolate Chip markers to color stamp. Remoisten by breathing on it with your mouth open. Stamp on Whisper White card stock. Hold your 1-3/4″ Scallop Circle punch upside down. Center stamped image and punch. Attach to Garden Green Scallop Circle using Dimensionals. 4. Assemble Petite Pocket. Run Tombow Glue along edges of tabs. Put 2 Ghiradelli chocolates on the back part of the Pocket. Fold the front over and insert the tabs under the front. Hold for several seconds until the glue sets. Remove the top chocolate. Figure out where you want the Garden Green circles you die cut. Using the mat pack and Piercing Tool, poke holes for the brads. Insert brads. Flatten out brad stems making sure that you leave room for the ribbon to go between the brad and the Garden Green circles. 5. Insert chocolate back into Pocket. Cut ribbon 8-10″ long. Center it and tie a knot around brad on the Pocket flap. To close Pocket, wrap both sides of ribbon around brad on Pocket Front and then tie in a bow. 6. Admire your cute little gift Pocket before you give it to the Birthday girl or boy!
Updated July 16, 2012 DIRECTIONS:
1. Cut card stock to 8-1/2″ x 10″. Score the 8-1/2″ side at 1-1/2″ and 7″. Score the 10″ side at 2″, 3-1/2″, make a small mark at 5″, score at 6-1/2″, and 8″. Flip card stock and make another small mark at 5″. 2. Fold all score lines. Fold Line B in. Fold Line C out. Fold Line D in. Cut out corner squares. Cut Tab A as shown. Take your ruler and score from the 5″ marks to the corners of that box. Fold the score lines out. 3. Decorate the outer panels and card inside as desired. 4. Place Sticky Strip on all Tab A’s. Adhere each Tab A to the back/outside of the adjoining side. Make sure it is aligned properly before securing it. Repeat with all Tab A’s. 5. Now make and decorate your Front Focal Point. I don’t remember the measurements as I gave it away. Maybe a 3″square. The first one I made used a 2-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ panel. 6. Decide where you want your ribbon position on the Outer Panels when the card is closed. Tie the bow on the Right edge. Move ribbon up slightly. Put Sticky Strip on the left Outer Panel and move tied ribbon down and adhere to Sticky Strip. 7. Now adhere your Front Focal Point to the Left Outer Panel with Sticky Strip. (Put the Sticky Strip on the back of the Left Side of the Focal Point.) SNAIL just isn’t strong enough as the Focal Point will keep falling off. 8. Add treat, gift card, or surprise as desired. I used a small pack of M&M’s.
Here is a Blossom Box. I knew I wanted to make this when I first saw it in the catalog. It does need to be made with regular Designer Series Paper-not cardstock or Specialty Designer Series Paper. The regular DSP folds so much more precisely which means the box looks much better.
SUPPLIES: Designer Series Paper (DSP): Christmas Cocoa (retired) Big Shot: Blossom Box Bigz L die page 221 #123127
Standard Premium Crease Pad page 215 #113476
1/2 sheet cardstock to use under the die in the Big Shot Tools: Scissors
Bone Folder page 207 #102300
Sticky Strip page 206 #104294
1. Cut your piece of DSP in half (two: 6″x12″ pieces). 2. Big Shot Sandwich: Acrylic cutting pad, 1/2 sheet cardstock, Blossom Box die, your choice of DSP with the side you want on the outside face down, Standard Premium Crease Pad. Run through Big Shot. Repeat with the second piece of DSP. 3. Trim the tabs off one of the Blossom Box pieces. 4. This is the step that makes your box easier to fold. Use your Bone Folder to firmly crease all the score lines in the following order: center circle which will form the box bottom, middle circle which will form the box top, the straight lines that run from the center circle to the indents on the outside edge, the two part lines that form “v” shapes in the DSP-these will form the Blossom Fold at the top of the box-be accurate! Recrease the Center and Middle circles. 5. Attach Sticky Strip to the tabs. Peel off the red part, then cut out the “V” shapes in the tab. Line up the center circles and adhere. Crease the score lines along the tab again. 6. Now to turn this into a working Blossom Box! Hold the Blossom Box in the palm of your hand. Try to hold up four sides using your fingers. Now start folding the straight and the “V” lines like a fan going all around the edges of the box until you have folded all of them. If a score line doesn’t fold properly, use your bone folder to make a better crease and try again. 7. Heave a sigh of relief! Admire your beautiful Blossom Box!!
A fun little treat box dressed up with a Scallop Trim Border Punch belly band. SUPPLIES Stamps: Sunny Fun Summer Mini #123040 Card Stock: Daffodil Delight page 177 #119683
Whisper White page 180 #100730 Markers: Marina Mist page 178 #119679
Cherry Cobbler page 179 #119681
Garden Green page179 #100080
Tempting Turquoise page 177 #100058 Punch: Scallop Trim Border punch page 211 #118402 Big Shot: Box #2 die page 221 #114518
Directions: 1. Cut Daffodil Delight card stock 6″x11″. Run through Big Shot using Box #2 die. Score and fold, but do not assemble yet. 2. Cut Whisper White card stock 1-3/4″ x 11″. Use the Scallop Trim punch on both 11″ sides. Adhere to flat box. Fold on score lines. 3. Color 4 pairs of the Flip-Flops with Markers. Remoisten with your breath then stamp on the front side of the Scallop Trim punched Whisper White card stock. Stamp the sentiment if desired. 4. Put sticky strip on the tab at the side. Adhere box together at Tab. Fold up bottom flaps in this order: indented, sides, tabbed flap. 5. Fill with treats or small gift. 6. Admire the fun box you have just made!