This Flower Birthday Candle card uses the Candle Punch and two layers of card stock to make a multi-colored candle. The flowers are colored with markers. So choose your birthday person’s favorite two colors to make your version of this card.
Stamps: Big on Birthdays Photopolymer #142877
Ink: Watermelon Wonder
Markers: Daffodil Delight
Card Stock: Whisper White
Punch: Candle Border #142764
Adhesive: SNAIL or Tombow Glue
1. Cut your So Saffron card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Whisper White card front at 4″ x 5-1/2″. Punch your Candle Border along one of the 5-1/2″ edges starting in the center, then punch each edge. Use your Paper Trimmer to cut 1/4″ off each 4″ side to just above the candles. Use scissors to cut the off the 1/4″ section off above the candle at the edge. You can cut at an angle if you want to.
3. Stamp your Happy Birthday in Watermelon Wonder ink. Color the flowers with Daffodil Delight Marker and the leaves and stems with Old Olive Marker.
4. Cut a 1/2″ x 5-1/2″ strip of both Watermelon Wonder and So Saffron. Attach under the candles. I just ran SNAIL along the bottom edge and over the candles, using my fingers to move the SNAIL from the open parts of the candles. Add the Watermelon Wonder card stock strip along the bottom edge so it shows through the candle cut outs. Line up the So Saffron strip so it touches the Watermelon Wonder strip. Make sure there is enough adhesive to attach the top.
5. Attach the card front to the card base with SNAIL.
Have fun making this Birthday Card in a variety of colors.