Make this Clean and Simple Lacy Thank You Butterfly card to tell someone Thank You.
*=Sale-a-bration item available until March 31, 2017. FREE with $50 purchase
Stamps: *So Very Much Wood #143340
*Delicate Details Photopolymer #143314
*Any Occasion Photopolymer #143348
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Card Stock: Pink Pirouette
Big Shot: Bold Butterflies Framelits #138135
Butterflies Thinlits #137360
Adhesive: Glue Dots
Tombow Glue or Fine Tip Glue Pen
1. Cut your Pink Pirouette card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Stamp with Elegant Eggplant ink:
~Large Thank you
~Lace: Angle based on the Thank you. I did the right side first, then the left side.
~Banner Thank You
3. Cut your Butterfly parts out with your Big Shot.
~Solid Butterfly shape from Melon Mambo card stock.
~Butterfly details from Elegant Eggplant card stock.
4. Attach Butterfly parts together with Tombow Glue or Fine Tip Glue Pen. Wait a minute or so until it is dry. Then bend the Butterfly along each side of it’s body. Attach left side with Glue Dots. Fold right Butterfly wing in so card will fit in envelope.
Happy Thank You card making!
The Love Blooms Embellishment Kit has lots of fun pieces to work with! I still have quite a few pieces left. The 4th card is posted on my Newsletter Projects Site and is available for all my Newsletter subscribers who register for the site after signing up for my Newsletter.
The two cards pictured are the same basic layout and just use different papers. You can change the papers to get a totally different look.
Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit #140551
Crazy About You Bundle Wood #139324, Clear #139325, Photopolymer #138873
Ink: Rose Red
Whisper White or Thick Whisper White
Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper Stack (6″ x 6″) #140548
Big Shot: Bold Butterfly Framelits #138135
Butterflies Thinlits #137360
Hello You Thinlits #137363 (See Crazy About You Bundle above)
Punch: Word Window
Adhesives: Glue Dots
Fine Tip Glue Pen OR Tombow Glue
Fast Fuse or SNAIL
1. Cut your Thick Whisper White card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your patterned paper at 4-1/4″ x 4-3/4″. Attach to card base.
3. Cut your Rose Red or Pink Pirouette card stock at 4-1/4″ x 3-3/4″ OR 4″. The Pink Pirouette card stock is cust at 3-3/4″ x 4-1/4″. The Rose Red card stock is cut at 4″ x 4-1/4″. Attach to patterned paper layer in the desired position. Trim excess off edges if needed.
4. Cut your Butterfly pieces. Use the large Bold Butterfly Framelit to cut the patterned paper of your choice. Use the medium Butterflies Thinlit to cut either a Rose Red or Whisper White Butterfly. Glue the patterned butterfly to the Thinlit Butterfly piece. Let dry.
5. Cut out the “Happy” or “Hello” and “You” using the Hello You Thinlit. I used the Precision Base Plate and a FLAT Cutting plate. The Big Shot Die Brush helps the pieces come out a lot more quickly.
6. Stamp the desired word(s) from the Crazy About You stamp set in Rose Red ink on a 3/8″ x at least 4″ Whisper White card stock. Watch this Video to see how to use the Word Window Punch with longer words. I colored the around the edge with the Rose Red Marker, or just use your ink pad to color around the edges.
7. Lay out all your pieces on your card front. Bend the Butterfly wings up by the body. Attach in the desired places. Adhesives:
~Fine Tip Glue: Happy
~Tombow Glue: Gold Foil Heart
~Glue Dots: center of the Butterfly body, Sequins, Wood Heart, Pearl String
~Dimensionals: Mother’s Day
8. Finish the Butterfly. You can decorate the Butterfly body with either a small wood heart and two pink enamel dots, or sequins, or even part of the pearl string. Cut two sets of Pearls with 8 pearls. These become the antennas. Use a Glue Dot to attach each end of the Antenna Pearls.
9. Add a few sequins to the card front with Glue Dots.
Happy Card Making!