Graduation cards celebrate the hard work of the graduate to meet all the requirements. My helper, Kiev, made this card for her brother who graduates from High School this week. His school colors are blue and red. Change the card colors to the school colors of your graduate.
*=available June 1, 2016
Stamps: Bravo Photopolymer #135380 (retiring May 31, 2015)
Crazy About You Wood #138856, Clear #138859, Photopolymer #137137
Card Stock: Night of Navy
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper #135315
Big Shot: Party Pop-Up Thinlits #140620
Punch: *Sprinkles #141472
Other: Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder (sorry-no longer available) Choose Gold, Silver, White, or Clear embossing powder instead.
Heat Tool #129053
Big Shot Die Brush #140603
1. Cut your Night of Navy card base at 4-1/4″ x 11″ Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
2. Cut your Whisper White Pop-Up card center at 4″ x 10-1/2″. Score and fold at 5-1/4″.
3. Choose the Hip Hip Hooray Party Pop-Up Thinlit, line up the arrows with the fold line on your Whisper White and run through your Big Shot. Watch this Video for more detailed instructions. Attach to your card inside.
4. Cut your Night of Navy card front at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″.
5. Stamp Congrats in VersaMark ink on your card front. Sprinkle with Cherry Cobbler embossing powder. Remove excess. Melt embossing powder with Heat Tool. Watch this Video if you need help with heat embossing. Repeat with the Happy Graduation. Attach your card front to your card base, making sure the inside is facing up and the card front is facing up. (After several times of putting the card front on so the inside was upside down, I ALWAYS check now so I don’t have to remake the card!)
6. Punch out your confetti shapes with the Sprinkles Punch. You can also use the leftover confetti shapes from the Hip Hip Hooray. Glue to your card front with either Tombow Glue or Fine Tip Glue.
7. Write your congratulations message inside your card and give to the Happy Graduate.
Enjoy making Graduation cards!
My son-in-law graduated from college this past weekend! Here is the Graduation card I made for him. This stamp set retires June 2nd, 2015 but you can use other stamps to copy it or the Little Letters Thinlits. The college colors are red and blue. Use the school’s colors to make your card.
Stamps: Class of 2015 Wood # 137175 (retires June 2nd 2015)
Bravo Photopolymer #135380
Layered Letters Photopolymer Photopolymer #138692 (Available June 2nd, 2015)
Ink: Night of Navy
Card Stock: Whisper White
Night of Navy
Big Shot: Starburst Framelits #132967 (retiring June 2nd, 2015)
Other: Paper Snips
SNAIL or Fast Fuse Double Sided Adhesive
1. Cut your Real Red card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this video if you need more instructions on making your own card bases.
2. Cut your Night of Navy card front at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Attach to card base.
3. Stamp your Class of 2015 in Night of Navy ink on both Real Red and Whisper White card stock. Cut the stamped Real Red image with your Big Shot and the size of Starburst Framelit you want.
4. Cut out the “2015” and the graduation cap stamped images from the Whisper White card stock with your Paper Snips. I left a small white border around the edges. Put a half Dimensional on the back of the graduation cap. Put Dimensionals on the back of the “2015” and the Real Red Starburst die cut. Layer them together. Line up the tassel threads on both the white and red stamped images. Place the cut out 2015 on top of the Real Red stamped 2015. Put your layered Starburst on your card front.
5. I forgot to take a picture of the inside before I mailed the card. But I stamped the Congrats! from the Bravo stamp set and then my son-in-law’s name under that. I needed the card in landscape format so the Congrats and his name would fit across the inside of the card. I messed up the first time, so I stamped the second time on Whisper White card stock. I also laid the stamps Photopolymer side up on the table, then inked up the stamps. I then laid the Whisper White card stock on top of the stamps and used another clear block to rub the inked stamps. Make sure you gently peel up one corner at a time while holding the rest of the card stock in place to make sure all the letters are all the way stamped on your card stock. Trim your card stock to center the stamps if needed. Attach to the inside. There was just enough room left at the bottom to sign our names.
6. I also used the Gift Card Thinlit to make an insert and included some cash so they can go out to dinner or on a date to celebrate his graduation. Watch the Gift Card Video if you want help making it. I just used SNAIL to hold the three lower flaps together and left the top flap unattached.
Happy Graduation Card Making!
There are five birthdays and an anniversary in my family between now and the first of the year. Three are men’s birthdays. Here is the first one. You could also use it as a Christmas card or for any occasion by changing the sentiment. Change the “snow” to green and you can use it for another season.
Stamps: Geometrical wood#133158 clear#133161 MDS#137069
Bravo Photopolymer #135380
Something to Say wood#134177 clear#134180 MDS# 138099
Ink: Lost Lagoon
Chocolate Chip or other Brown Marker
Card Stock: Whisper White
Punch: Large Triangle #133375
Other: Adhesive of your choice: Tombow Glue, Fast Fuse, SNAIL, Glue Dots
1. Cut your Whisper White card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Tear two 5-1/2″ strips of Whisper White card stock for your “Snow”. Make sure the second one is wide enough to completely go under the top/front snow layer. Sponge the top torn edges with Smoky Slate ink. Lay in the desired positions on your card front, then attach with adhesive.
3. Choose three of the Triangle shapes from the Geometrical stamp set. Stamp 3 triangles of each stamp in the same green. The three identical triangles will form one tree. The striped triangle is stamped in Mossy Meadow. The Polka Dot triangle is stamped in Garden Green. The last triangle is stamped in Old Olive. Layer the triangles together to form your trees. Attach in the desired positions on your snowy hills. The Mossy Meadow Striped Tree is attached flat to the card front along the top of the snow. The other two trees are attached with Dimensionals. Draw in your Tree Trunk with your Brown Marker.
4. Stamp “Congrats! and Happy Birthday in Lost Lagoon ink.
5. Happy Birthday to the Man in your life!
Happy Card Making!