I made this card for my oldest son’s Birthday using Occasion 2014 Catalog and Sale-a-bration 2014 products. I used bright colors as a change from all the Christmas and Valentine Reds.
* = Ocassions 2014 Catalog
** = Sale-a-bration 2014 Catalog available January 28-March 31, 2014. One item FREE with each $50 merchandise you buy!
Stamps: *Perfect Pennants w#133227 c#133230 (Bundle with Framelits w#134815 c#134816 )
**Banner Blast (small Star) w#133551 c#133554
Ink: Gumball Green
Card Stock: Whisper White
Big Shot: Banner Framelits #132173 (Bundle-see above)
Bitty Banner Framelits #129267
Punch: 1/2″ Circle #119869
Other: SNAIL Adhesive
1. Cut your Gumball Green card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Whisper White card front at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp the Diagonal Stripe border stamp in Gumball Green. Stamp the Polka Dot border stamp in Daffodil Delight. Stamp the stars in Daffodil Delight. Tip: To avoid stray lines when stamping (notice a couple of the stars) remember to stamp straight down then bring it straight up. If you move the stamp down slightly in any direction while it is on the card stock you will get the stray lines. I tend to do this when I am getting tired.
3. Stamp “Make a Wish” twice in Gumball Green ink on a scrap of Whisper White card stock making sure you have enough room to cut one out with a Banner Framelit. You will just be punching out the “a” from the second stamped image.
4. Cut out the Make a Wish with the desired size Banner Framelit. Cut a Daffodil Delight Banner from the next larger Banner Framelit. Cut a Daffodil Delight Banner with the Bitty Banner Framelit that will cover the Pennant under the “a”. Punch out the “a” from the second stamped image. Adhere the Bitty Banner over the stamped banner using SNAIL Adhesive. Adhere the two large Banners together with Dimensionals. Adhere the “a” with a Dimensional. Adhere this whole thing to your card front with Dimensionals.
5. Your Birthday Card is now finished and ready to give to someone special.
Since it is so hot here I thought I could at least cool things down a bit with a big Snowflake. As I looked for a paper to go with it I found this nice Stripe in the Comfort Cafe papers. Just fluff up the Snowflake after you put it together.
Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners w#126255 c#126257
Ink: Midnight Muse
Card Stock: Whisper White
Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper #126898
Big Shot: Bitty Banners Framelits #129267
Snow Flurry Bigz Die #127813 (Holiday Catalog)
Other: SNAIL Adhesive
Large Pearl #125577
You can buy all the supplies to make this card from My Online Store.
The Stippled Blossoms stamp set was at the top of my Wish list when I first saw it. I made this card and decided to use it as my swap (card front to trade with others) at the Stampin’ Up! Convention this week. This is a quick and easy card adaptable for any occasion.
Stamps: Stippled Blossoms w#126745 c#126747
Itty Bitty Banners w#125255 c#126257
Ink: Raspberry Ripple #126859
Primrose Petals #126858
Card Stock: Raspberry Ripple #126842
Primrose Petals #126841
Pink Pirouette #111351
Big Shot: Fancy Fan Folder #127751
Floral Frames Framelits #127012
Bitty Banners Framelits #129267
Punch: 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle #118874
Other: Stamp-a-ma-jig #101049
1. Pink Pirouette 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base, scored and folded at 4-1/4″ Adhere Raspberry Ripple 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ card front.
2. Primrose Petals card front layer: 3-3/4″ x 5″. Emboss with Fancy Fan Folder and your Big Shot. Adhere to Raspberry Ripple card front.
3. Stamp Stippled Blossoms Flower on Pink Pirouette card stock. Solid stamp in Primrose Petals ink. Stamp lined image on Stamp-a-ma-jig sheet in Early Espresso or Basic Black ink. Clean stamp. Use image on Stamp-a-ma-jig sheet to position stamped image where you want it. Line up Stamp-a-ma-jig handle with sheet, then remove sheet and stamp lined image in Raspberry Ripple ink. Punch out Stippled Blossoms flower using the Scallop Circle Punch.
4. Stamp sentiment in Raspberry Ripple ink on Pink Pirouette card stock. Use the Bitty Banners Framelits and your Big Shot to cut it out. Cut the desired Floral Frames Framelit from Raspberry Ripple card stock. Put Dimensionals on the back of the Bitty Banner, the Floral Frames flower, and the Scallop Circle. Attach the Scallop Circle and the Floral Frames together with Dimensionals.
5. Lay banner and Stippled Blossoms flower in desired positions and adhere with Dimensionals.
You can get everything to make this project in My Online Stampin’ Up! Store.
Happy Stamping, Punching and Die Cutting!
We made this card at my Stamp Class last Friday. It was relatively easy to make. We did get to use the Big Shot quite a bit using the Labels Collection Framelits, a NEW *Bitty Banner Framelit, and one of the NEW *Apothecary Accents Framelits (well, half of it) that will be available *June 1st. Enjoy making this card! Feel free to use some of your DSP stash to create different looks for this card.
* = available June 1st
Stamps: *Bright Blossoms w#125495 c#125497
Loving Thoughts w#125843 c#125845 (carried over from the Occasions Mini catalog and still available)
Ink: *Midnight Muse #126860 -sentiment
Old Olive #126953 -stems
Card Stock & DSP: Daffodil Delight -card base & larger Label Framelit, small flowers
Whisper White -smaller Label Framelit, Bitty Banner Framelit
*Summer Starfruit -“Vase”
*Raspberry Ripple #126842 -small flowers
Tempting Turquoise #102067 -small flowers
Pacific Point #111350 -small flowers
*Summer Smooches DSP card front layer 5-1/4″ x 4″
Big Shot Framelits: Labels Collection #125598
*Apothecary Accents #127003
*Bitty Banners #129267
Punch: Itty Bitty Punch Shapes Pack (Flower) #118309
Other: Dimensionals (LOTS!) #104430
SNAIL #104332 refill #104331 (adhere vase)
Mini Glue Dots #103683 OR (Tombow) Multipurpose Liquid Glue #110755 (adhere flowers)
Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen #105021 OR Basic Pearls #119247 (flower centers)
TIPS FOR PUTTING IT TOGETHER:
1. Vase. I used just a little over half the Framelit for the vase. Just align your card stock equally for a flat top. You might want to use a Post-It-Note or blue painter’s tape (stuck to your jeans a couple of times to remove extra adhesive) to hold your Framelit in place on your card stock while you run it through the Big Shot.
2. Flower Stems. Cut your Whisper White Label Framelit. Decide where the top of your Vase will be. Stamp so the stems will be behind the vase at least a little bit. (My customer just positioned her vase and stamped on top of it, then flipped it over so the front of the vase was clean.) I stamped 3 of the Bright Blossoms stems. I angled the stems on the sides toward the edge of the Label Framelit. The center stems were straight up. Next time I think I will stamp more stems so more of the Label is covered with flowers. I put the punched flowers over the circles on the stems. Adhere your Vase with SNAIL or Tombow. You can adhere the flowers with Mini Glue Dots OR Tombow. Add white centers to your flowers with a White Gel Pen or the smallest Pearls.
3. Stamp your sentiment in Midnight Muse ink. Then position the Bitty Banner Framelit over your sentiment and run through your Big Shot.
NOTE: Be careful and only tap the stamp lightly on the NEW ink pads or you will have to clean around the edges of your stamps before you can get a clean stamped image. You might want to practice a few times until you learn how lightly to tap your stamp on the NEW ink pad. I am really enjoying getting great ink coverage with a lot less effort!!!! Although I will admit to having to clean the stamp edges quite often still. I am sure I will easily adapt. AND these NEW ink pads will need to be reinked less frequently than the older ones.
4. Assemble your card using SNAIL or Tombow on your DSP. Use Dimensionals on the backs of both Label Framelits and the back of the Sentiment.
5. Admire your cheery card!