My friend had a birthday on Sunday so I made this MDS Birthday card and emailed it to her. There are also four fun new downloads this week: Legit Kit, Wonderland Party Ensemble, and both Show & Tell stamp brush sets (The NEWest Photopolymer stamp sets).
Here is the Birthday Card first. You could change the sentiment and email it to a favorite woman in your life. Mother’s Day is coming up-change the sentiment to Happy Mother’s Day or something similar.
Pretty in Pink Card Stock (included in MDS)
Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper #124222 Pattern 9
Satin Ribbon #121063
Paper Daisies #121432
Basic Pearls and Rhinestones #124330
Lots of Tags shape 3 #124441 Color fill Pink Pirouette, Mat Pretty in Pink
Elementary Elegance Happy Birthday (Sale-a-bration 2012 Content Disc)
1. Open up MDS and choose Cards & Tags then Greeting Card then 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ Portrait. Name your Project.
2. Choose the Pretty in Pink card stock for the background paper.
3. Choose the Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper Pattern 9. Crop to 4.0 width and 5.25 height. You can just type in the numbers at the bottom of this screen. Click OK. Position in the center of the Pretty in Pink card stock. (You can right click on your mouse so a box pops up then choose align then Center Vertically on Page. Right Click on Mouse again then choose align again, then choose Center Horizontally on Page. This way it will be perfectly centered on the page.). Save after each step. You can use CTRL + S or go to the upper left on your top toolbar and choose File then Save. (See my post tomorrow for more Computer Keyboard Shortcut Codes you can use.)
4. Add your (Embellishment) Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon towards the lower half of your page. You can move it into the correct position later.
5. Choose your Punch Shape. I used Lots of Tags shape 3. Resize to a larger size. Color fill is Pink Pirouette. I added a Mat size 8. Change Mat Color to Pretty in Pink. Click OK. Position as desired. Move Ribbon to desired position under tag.
6. Add your sentiment to your tag. You can use a Stamp or click on Text, add a Text Box (resize if necessary), then type in your sentiment. Resize if necessary. Change Color to Melon Mambo.
7. Now for the Paper Daisies. Choose the 2nd largest one. Recolor to Raspberry Ripple. Choose the 2nd largest one again and resize it so it is smaller. Recolor to Primrose Petals. Choose the 3rd largest one and resize it so it is smaller. Recolor to Raspberry Ripple. Now add the smallest one (I don’t think you have to resize this one). Color it with Primrose Petals. Add the largest Basic Pearl to the center. Add a Large Pearl to each corner of your Beau Chateau DSP.
8. Now to add Dimension with Drop Shadows. Select the item below. Choose Drop Shadow from the right sidebar. Then follow the directions for the item selected below.
~Click on your sentiment (stamp or text that you typed in). Just click OK. You only want to activate a minimum Drop Shadow here.
~Paper Layer: 75% Opacity, Medium Blur
~Punch: 75% Opacity, Medium Blur
~Embellishments *Click on Ribbon or Pearl or Flower: 75% Opacity, Medium Blur. Make sure and select All on Page!
9. Save again.
9a. To Email. If you are going to email this you won’t need all the blank pages. Click on the last page. Right click with your mouse, then choose Delete Page, Check the Page Number on the Pop-up to make sure it is the correct number, Click OK if it is. Repeat with pages 2 and 3. Save again. Choose Share from the right sidebar. Choose Export Pages. Image Type: JPEG. Image size-Change to Medium. Output Location: Choose the file folder you want to save your JPEG project in. I like to save it in the same folder as I saved the project in. Now click Finish. Wait for it to do it’s thing. Click OK. Now go to your email and add this as an attachment. Your friend will be so Happy!
9b. To Print on your Computer. Watch my video that will be posted tomorrow. You will learn step-by-step how to make two identical cards with My Digital Studio so you can print them on your home printer, cut and fold, and mail them. They will fit it the standard Medium Envelope.
9c. To have professionally printed: (Print Product Sale through June 15, 2013) (Note: You can type on and decorate ALL four pages if you want!) You will need to Create an Account if you have not purchased at My Online Store before. OR you can Login with your Online Store information: your email address and password. Choose Order Project on the bottom of the right sidebar. Click Card & Tag and follow the directions. Your Professionally Printed Card comes with an envelope. I had my Christmas Cards Professionally Printed. The card stock is a nice heavy weight. The colors were great. The picture of my family at my daughter’s wedding-priceless and perfect!
Happy Digital Stamping!
Here are the Downloads for May 7, 2013
Legit Kit – Digital Download #134686 $9.95
* 14-piece stamp brush set
* 12 Designer Series Papers
* 45 embellishments
* Digital exclusive
* This kit is too legit
* Full of texture, bright colors, and trendy shapes
Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Show & Tell 1 Stamp Brush Set – Digital Download
* 24-piece SVG stamp brush set
Show & Tell 2 Stamp Brush Set – Digital Download #134600 $7.95
* 40-piece SVG stamp brush set
Wonderland Party Ensemble – Digital Download #134594 $14.95
* Thank you greeting card template (5″ x 3-1/2″)
* Double-sided invitation postcard template (5″ x 7″)
* 5-page décor template (8’1/2″ x 11″)
*49-piece stamp brush set
* 12 Designer Series Papers
* 9 embellishments
* 2 punches
* Digital exclusive
* A sweet escape to a magical world of wonder
* Décor template includes a banner, food flags, framable, and treat toppers
Blushing Bride, Going Gray, Island Indigo, Melon Mambo, Pool Party, Whisper White