Build a Banner Kit #133507 Banner Kit #132699 (Banner Kit has just the Banners and Jute-no stencils)
Card Stock: Motley Monsters Designer Series Paper #135819
Basic Black card stock OR ink and sponge daubers for letters
Tangerine Tango card stock to go behind letters (or sponge the letters on)
Whisper White for printing images on your Printer
Silver Glimmer Paper #135314 or Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper #135315
Big Shot: Ovals Collection Framelits
Circle Collection Framelits or 2-1/2″ Circle Punch for Tangerine Tango Circle
Serif Essentials Alphabet Bigz Dies (retired) OR use the Alphabet stencils that come in the Build a Banner Kit
My Digital Studio (MDS): Spooky Bingo Bits #127616 I am including a Printable.
e-cutter or scissors to cut out images
Scissors Punches: Owl #118074
1/8″ Circle Handheld #134365
Ribbons: Old Olive 1/8″ Taffeta #119256
Very Vanilla Seam Binding #120999 OR Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon #134550
Tangelo Twist Stitched Satin #133669
Basic Black Baker’s Twine #134576
White & Tangerine Tango Two-Tone Trim (cord) #135838
Adhesive: Tombow Glue
1. Choose the four banner pieces you want. I chose one of each and then ended with the same shape as the first one.
2. Choose your four paper designs and cut them out with the Scallop Oval Framelit. You can cut all four at the same time. Glue one Oval onto each banner piece in the order your want them.
3. Letters: I used a retired Alphabet Bigz Die set. You can use the alphabet stencils that come with your kit (which I forget about-and I have two sets!) Use a sponge dauber and Black ink to stencil in your letters. Practice on a scrap first. OR you can use an alphabet from another cutter. The letter “O” is 2-1/8″ x 2-1/8″. The “B” is 1-7/8″ wide by 2-1/8″ high.
4. Punch/die cut your Tangerine Tango circle so it is just slightly larger than your letters. Sponge OR glue on your letters.
5. I used My Digital Studio for the Pumpkin and Ghost. I used “Custom” 8.5″ x 11″ so I could print on card stock. Here is a video showing how to set the grid lines to help you keep each image withing the size limitations. I resized the pumpkin and the ghost so they each were slightly smaller than the block inside the grid lines. Print on your printer onto Whisper White card stock. Since these are svg files you should be able to cut them out with an e-cutter (on my Christmas List). If you are like me, I used scissors to cut them out. Attach your cut out images to the fourth banner using Dimensionals.
6. Punch out 4 Glimmer Paper Owls. Cut off the feet. Punch a 1/8″ hole close to where you cut off the feet. Punch 2 eyes from Basic Black card stock for each “Ghost”. Attach the eyes with Tombow or Glue Dots. Attach to a banner piece with up to 8″ of Baker’s Twine per ghost. Tie in the left grommet.
7. Cut at least 4 feet of cord and thread through your Banner grommets. You can choose whether or not the cord shows on the front or goes behind. Tie a loop at each end to hang over your nail.
8. Now for the Ribbons. I chose 3 different ribbons. They go between each Banner and at each end so you need a total of 5 sets of the 3 ribbons. I cut each ribbon piece at 6″. Hold 1 set of 3 different ribbons over the cord/jute and tie a knot. Repeat with all the ribbon sets. Don’t worry about positioning until after all the sets are tied.
9. Hang up your Banner. Position the Banners and Ribbons and Ghosts as desired.
10. You now have a cute (or spooky) Halloween Banner! Admire it every time you walk past it!
Happy Halloween Crafting!