My Dad’s Birthday was last week. Here is a card you can use for guys and gals of all ages depending on the Designer Series Paper you choose and whether you choose to embellish it or not. My guys like things without the sparkles and bows and most other embellishments.
Stamps: Another Great Year w#133038 c#133041 MDS#137359
Card Stock: Soft Sky
Birthday Basics MDS#134847 (DSP is retired-so choose one the birthday girl or boy would like OR download the MDS version and print on Whisper White card stock)
Ink: Night of Navy
Big Shot: Banners Framelits #132173
Other: SNAIL Adhesive
1. Cut your card base at 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″. Watch this Video for more details.
2. Cut your patterned Designer Series Paper at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Attach to your card base.
3. Stamp your Happy Birthday on a light colored coordinating card stock in a coordinating dark ink. I used Soft Sky card stock and Night of Navy ink. Cut out with your Big Shot and the large Banner Framelit. Add Dimensionals to the back and position it on your card.
4. This is perfect for a guy. For a gal you can add some Dazzling Details to fill in the Happy and To You words. You can also add a bow or other embellishments.
Happy Birthday Card Making!
My DIL’s favorite color is Blue so here is her Blue Birthday Card. Some of the items used have retired (**) or are retiring(*) so you may need to adapt this and use what you have.
Stamps: Another Great Year w#133038 c#133041 (Available through June 1st)
Ink: Midnight Muse
Card Stock: Whisper White
Marina Mist Core’dinations*
Big Shot: Sale-a-bration Dot embossing folder**
Other: Bashful Blue Satin Ribbon**
Frosted Finishes Embellishments **
Scallop Trim Border Punch*
Stampin’ Sanding Block System
SNAIL or Sticky Strip to hold you ribbon
Paper Snips or scissors
1. Cut your Marina Mist card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Midnight Muse card base at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Adhere to card base.
3. Cut your Marina Mist Core’dinations at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Punch the 5-1/2″ sides with the Scallop Trim Border Punch. Run through your Big Shot with your embossing folder. Sand the raised areas with your Sanding Block or an emery board (nail file). Put SNAIL on the back center edges of the 4-1/4″ side. Now stick the ends of your Ribbon to the adhesive. Adhere this layer to your Midnight Muse layer with Tombow Glue.
4. Stamp your Happy Birthday in Midnight Muse ink on Whisper White card stock. (Yes, my stamped image does look like it has a shadow. I must have moved it slightly when stamping.) Cut around the edges with Paper Snips. Put Dimensionals on the back and adhere to center of card front.
5. Adhere an embellishment to each corner using 2-3 Glue Dots for each one.
6. You can emboss the envelope flap if desired. Watch this video to show you how.
7. Admire your monochromatic Blue Birthday Card before giving it to a favorite birthday girl.
Variation for Guys: Use Burlap Ribbon. Skip the embossing folder, Border Punch, and embellishments.
Happy Birthday Card Making!